Talim Q&A / General Discussion

To get her tonfa ready to swing again she has to 'reset' em.

Ya I was gonna comment on huggin em (or holdin the blades w/her hands- ouch!).

I swear from previous posts this thread is a giant fanfic. Lol at her spinning the tonfas in recovery. I was like WTF when I noticed that.

What do all you wind fetishists like to use in general for punishment? To punish Asura I use 236B or 8B+K past the 2nd hit for giggles. In general tho I like her BB and 1A+B.

1B, 1A+B, 2K, various "situation specific" things. 66B to SUPERMAN THAT HO!

when i look to punish stuff, i usually try to force a whiff with Wind ____ and punish. WC verticals, AS lows, WL -> AS low (the hell if im WLing into something, i'm convinced WL A and K should never hit. I'll try it once every blue moon)

Talim is just .... :| when it comes to punishing

For punishing, if the move is less than -17 frames on block, BB (15 frames) is the most damaging punisher at 25. (unless you're pushed out of range...) If it's more than that, use 1A+B~2A+B combo, or 3BA combo into something out of WC.

I tend to use 6B to punish instead of BB because of the slightly increased range and the +10 frames on hit. It also puts you in BT so you can usually score a free BT 2K as the opponent will most of the time block standing.

Thing about WL A and K...If you do manage to WL a low, WL K hits a LOT more often than WL A because people will usually go "oh crap!" and try crouch guard to prevent the WL A stun if they know even the slightest bit about Talim. On the other hand, WL K can be punished whereas WL A is perfectly safe. Both lead to about 50+ damage combos and leaves you with good wakeup.

Thing about WL A and K...If you do manage to WL a low, WL K hits a LOT more often than WL A because people will usually go "oh crap!" and try crouch guard to prevent the WL A stun if they know even the slightest bit about Talim. On the other hand, WL K can be punished whereas WL A is perfectly safe. Both lead to about 50+ damage combos and leaves you with good wakeup.
Everybody i've played around here who knows anything about Talim fuzzy guards WL A (or whatever the term for it is in SC/3d fighters, i really dont know).

And i'm talking about people who actually cant just read the animations. A few people I play can just flat out read both animations.

Yep- they'll wait, block and punish (or they'll hit you in the leap if they are close and fast enough).

Definitely a right time and place to use em or you will pay.

I think it also depends on the low that you jumped over. Some of them just have too much recovery time for fuzzy guarding to work. If that happens then the moment they duck the WL K is already there. Or should they choose to block standing, WL A will get there before they can react.

Though I'm sure there are some quicker recovery lows that give the opponent plenty of time to make a decision.

And if they are set on trying to read the WL A/K mixup you can then let her go into wind sault for more fun times!

And if they are set on trying to read the WL A/K mixup you can then let her go into wind sault for more fun times!

see, that's the other problem i have with people I play. When applicable, their reaction is to backstep once i go into WL and if I do something from there, react with a fuzzyguard.

If I go into AS, they stepguard.

WHAT IN GODS NAME CAN I DO FROM THERE? :|

haha, I suppose blaming Talim for losses is, at least, making more progress than accusing the opponent of "cheating" or using a "broke character".

And as dumb as she might look tripping, how much dumber does the opponent look for getting knocked down by that?

Even Cass has lapses in judgement. I dunno about y'all, but if my opponent carries a sword or an axe, I don't wanna fly ass first into them. But in the end... everyone looks smart when you compare them to Yoshimitsu.

I love abusing Talim's trip on noobs, its so damn cute!
And I guess Cass is just confident that her ass can get the job done! lol

ok sorry if its been covered but i couldnt find it, A+B 236A 236B what am i doing wrong, is it a fast input or strict timing? or am i missing the obvious as usual?

How does step guard beat AS A?

It doesnt beat it as much as it makes it the only option. They step so that the only thing I can do is AS A and if im not already going AS A+B (which they could still stop and block), they stop and guard AS A. It's not like AS B+K is going to magically hook and hit them (oh how i wish it would).

Dogysamich: If they are conditioning themselves to guard AS A that well, maybe try doing nothing out of AS and doing a fast mid (BB, 1B) to hit them ducking. Even if they are able to block the move, if nothing else it'll make them think twice about committing their previous strategy to muscle memory. Just a suggestion.

Pineapplejuice:
This was covered somewhere but I can't remember what thread at the moment. Anyways, the timing isn't extremely strict, but it's not exactly forgiving either. I find it easiest if you do A+B and 236A as one motion and then when the second part hits do 236B. So it's more like A+B236A (slight pause) 236B.

My problem is that they know that an empty AS is just as punishable as AS A, and rather than waiting for me to actually hit them with AS A (which would cause them to hesistate if I didnt do anything), they swing after a set time either way. It's because they know how talim works. It's a "Damned if I do, damned if I dont" Kinda thing.

Im not saying it's a bad suggestion, i'm just saying what happens with people I play often.

____

Edit: Another, completely random question.

What's the name of the kind of hat Talim wears? I've seen it used alot, and I've never figured out wtf it's called. Anybody just happen to know?

i got another stupid question. are the guarding aspects the same for all chars in this game?.eg. cervys bbb, with my other chars if i get hit by the first 2 i can always block the 3rd. with talim if the first 2 hit, the 3rd always hits aswell.is it my imagination or does talim not recover from hits as quick as others?

It should be the same for everyone.
On normal hit, you can block the third hit.
On counter hit against you, you can't block BBB at all. It should be the case for any character.

Back