Talim Q&A / General Discussion

yea ive never TRIED to do any AS mixups off of shaken 6k, i was just thinkin bout it. I say that could be a kool mixup to throw in there, but only if u r able to get at max ranged, or, as Zeroeffect said, ul jump over the opponent, (which mite not be a bad thing, as it leads to BT mixups).

@ ShenYu: yea it is an unsafe mixup, but if u sprinkle it in everyy now and again, im sure u kould get AS A in, or u kan mind rape them into duckin for a AS B+K

speakin of that wth is up with AS B+K 6 A+B? sometimes i get the full attack, sometimes i end up flying to the side of them, only getting one hit, which, if im not paying attention, gets me rung out. shit is finnicky....

Cheers for the tips. Seems like 6A+B is a pretty good options after all. After a 6K stun, I sometimes do WCA+K, 2A+B... but I think the soul damage is more useful.

speakin of that wth is up with AS B+K 6 A+B? sometimes i get the full attack, sometimes i end up flying to the side of them, only getting one hit, which, if im not paying attention, gets me rung out. shit is finnicky....

Yeah, it just happens sometimes. It helps if you hold back when you do your AS A+B.

I think AS B+K stuns on normal hit right? So it'd be better to do AS A+K if you end up hitting them. Everything else will cause Talim to jump over them unfortuantely.

Oh yeah and what's up with her 33_99A stun/knock down? I tried from different distances but cant seem to JUST stun the other guy in training, only randomly in matches. It's good damage but also good when it stuns to go into AA6BA or something.

Yeah, it just happens sometimes. It helps if you hold back when you do your AS A+B.
Agree with this. Holding back (I mean [4]) will help your AS A+B decreased its jumping range a little.

I think AS B+K stuns on normal hit right? So it'd be better to do AS A+K if you end up hitting them. Everything else will cause Talim to jump over them unfortuantely.
Like MasudSabr said, after AS B+K hit, to prevent Talim's AS A+B to jump over the opponent, you should pres [4] when you perform AS A+B as the follow up.

Oh yeah and what's up with her 33_99A stun/knock down? I tried from different distances but cant seem to JUST stun the other guy in training, only randomly in matches. It's good damage but also good when it stuns to go into AA6BA or something.
Hmm... I'm confused with this one too. I really like 33_99A's stun, but I don't know how to perform it. It just happen randomly in matches.
Anyone know about this?

33A stun IS random unfortunately. In order for the stun (which is also shakeable by the way...) to happen only the first hit of the spin must connect while the second hit whiffs through or over the opponent. Not many people, if any, ever shake this stun since the effect is so rare. Sometimes if your 33A and your opponent's attacks trade you can recover fast enough to take advantage of the stun.

I went into training today and found that 99_33A will only stun from a fair distance away so that only the first hit lands. Pretty hard but yeah, it's not completely random.

And also tried controlling the distance of AS A+B and wow... I just realised you can also control how far Talim jumps during her Wind stances... Oh god, I bet I'm the only one who didnt know that.

Nah Jello, there're plenty of people who don't know that... Look at how many people self-RO all the time. lol

Talim has a lot of little tricks you can find, it's all part of the fun of using her!

Hey guys, question on Talim's double Wind Sault glitch/trick.

How's that done again? I've been trying to find videos of it on YouTube and things, no such luck.

Hey guys, question on Talim's double Wind Sault glitch/trick.

How's that done again? I've been trying to find videos of it on YouTube and things, no such luck.
It is done by hitting Guard as she is kicking after doing the Wind Sault and Hitting K. For me It's K (very slight pause) G.

Visually it's Hard to explain cuz the window is so tiny but as soon as she starts her kicking animation hit G at the same time as she has her leg fully extended. Time the Guard button with the Kick she does on screen

I timed it on a joystick at first. The same concept as Iron-Man's infinite in MvC2. I listened to it. There's a slight pause before you hit the G. then I got used to the timing I moved back to pad and got used to how it "felt". It's like a rhythm almost.

And Here's the vid for it.

Practice. All I can say lol.

I've found an interesting way to starting a round.

Start backing up, making sure you block any moves from the opponent. Just wait until they get impatient and they start charging towards you. Since you're backing up, 44AA tends to catch opponents. Not sure how well this works against higher level opponents but it is a good lure.

It helps that this isn't a staple move of hers anymore and that the command changed from 66AA in SC2, which may catch some people that think you can't do that easily while backing away.

Just food for thought.

I actually went online for a bit and tried this, and it really did work on a few opponents. Maxi players in particular as most of them tried to get in range of his 66A (i think that's the right notation).

Also Eclair where'd you get that pic from in your avatar? Badass99 has the same one but I've never seen this pic of Talim anywhere.

I kinda sorta always forget about that move. xD The execution of it is kind of a pain, I find, and it comes out rather slow but if someone's charging at you I suppose you could catch 'em. Gonna try it.

Also Eclair where'd you get that pic from in your avatar? Badass99 has the same one but I've never seen this pic of Talim anywhere.

The Gauntlet mode from Broken Destiny.

^Ahh that explains it. Thanks.

44AA is a good punisher for moves -19 or worse, as well as good post-GI to force your opponent to want to re-GI. 44AA 2A+B is 56 damage. It can be teched to her left but you can work around it when that happens.

Lately i've been seeing a weird glitch when talim goes into WL, but AS never comes out. She would just backflip and stand there....I see it alot after 11b4. Has anyone else seen this? I hope this is some type of exploitable glitch, cause canceble WL AS transitions would be fuckin sweet.

Back