Talim Q&A / General Discussion

Yeah, if Talim does 11B and goes into WC if you press nothing or press 4 she will go into AS. If you do 11B into WC and press 6 it registers her as doing the BT B+K. 11B puts her in backturned so WL can't go into AS.

What this also means, as someone mentioned a long time ago, is that you can hold B+K during this "fake WL" for two jumps just like you can for BT B+K. (You can also do the BT B+K unblockable though it hits behind her so it's pointless)

I've never successfully faked anyone out with this move and it is likely a glitch or oversight by NB, but maybe it'll work for somebody.

wait what? if u do 11b then WC and press 4, u go into AS? shows how much i do that...anyways i dont think u get wat im sayin...ive actually done 11b4, and not go into AS...i didnt do WC or anything.

I throw it in randomly, just to throw my opponents off- especially those who often try to hit you out of your WL/AS... It makes 11_77B even more unpredictable.

Has anyone spent a bit of time looking into CaS Talim; pros, cons and combos?

It might help if you do something like 11B, 236 (hold B+K when WC fully changes to WL if you want two jumps). In the game, Talim should do an 11B, then transit into WC, and then into WL and stops.

wait what? if u do 11b then WC and press 4, u go into AS? shows how much i do that...anyways i dont think u get wat im sayin...ive actually done 11b4, and not go into AS...i didnt do WC or anything.

Oh, well in that case I dunno... did they block the 11B4 or did you hit with it?

If you hit them, maybe it hit them to the side or something that caused it to register Talim doing BT B+K. Or maybe it actually is a glitch I haven't seen before...

Oh, well in that case I dunno... did they block the 11B4 or did you hit with it?

If you hit them, maybe it hit them to the side or something that caused it to register Talim doing BT B+K. Or maybe it actually is a glitch I haven't seen before...

It's 11B, 3_6_9, isn't it?
Shouldn't matter if it hits or not either.

Nice to see that everyone's still here, pretty dead it is.

Season's greetings and happy holidays to all.

i think that maybe it is me hitting them on the side and it counting as BT B+K, cus i usually do 11_77B after step....hmmm, i need to look at this

It's 11B, 3_6_9, isn't it?
Shouldn't matter if it hits or not either.

no its 11b4, and after i hit with it i dont get AS after blank WL

Nice to see that everyone's still here, pretty dead it is.

Season's greetings and happy holidays to all.

It is dead, makes me sad T_T....thats y i try to post that and get some conversation going...

Merry chrismahanaquanzica to all

You probably did go into WC, but just didnt see it because you went into the short side (where she only does half of a spin).

I never sat down and figured out for fact WHY it happens like this, I just chalked it up to bad programming. But yeah, when you WC out of 11b, for whatever reason, the game still considers you in BT. If you try to WC and then WC and then AS, it makes you WL instead as your forward and back are reversed. Seeing as you actually HAVE a BT WL, the game makes you do that instead of your default WL.

So with that, you actually can do her BT WL stuff (so if you do 11B8 -wait- 6~B+K, you'll actually do her double WL backwards. If you want to be stupid you could through her BT unblockable at this point. (I say it's being stupid, but I know good and well that I've seen people get hit with this while standing straight in front of talim. XD)

The only real trick you can do with this is a gimmick. The gimmick is convincing people that you can WL and NOT be forced to AS afterwards, which is a lie.

In what little bit (and spur-of-the-moment) times I've spent playin the game, I've gotten plenty of people with this. Good and bad people alike. The most applicable places for it are

1) in situations where you would look to cover alot of distance with 11b.
-If you mix this in, you add an option that actually pulls you BACk some, as opposed to having always stopping at a net gain of forward.
-11B AS (forward -> forward), 11B WC AS (forward -> side step -> forward), 11B WL (AS) (forward, back, forward), etc etc (there are more). Now you're adding 11B WC BT WL (forward sidestep back)

2) against characters who look to stuff you long range.
-You're not going to really fake out a cass, amy, or something of that nature with this. If they look to stop your AS, they tend to let you jump in, block and punish.
-However, when you talk about Kiliks, Ivys, Astaroths, etc etc. Those characters are tempted to try to stuff you BEFORE you jump. I mean, they can, and constantly doing so would deter you from wanting to jump in anyway.
-So instead of jumping in on them, you back up. If they happened to hang out something big and dumb, you can run in while they recover (or AS in shortly afterwards if you're retarded like me. ^_^)

__

In the end, it's yet another super talim gimmick. It's almost as cool as WC Throw -> WC Throw loops. Almost. ^_^

Ive realized how good bt a really is yo...

its positive on block, catches sidestep AND backstep, and conditions for bt b

bt a on block can setup for some good frametraps (i get CH 6k and 1a+b alot)

anybody else do this?

i do this sometimes, against players that aren't as good. Good players will start ducking this and punishing you for it. Its still a good move, but you just gotta be careful with it cause its high and kinda slow.

yeah, but the problem with doing that a lot is you are mixing a semi-slow high with a pretty punishable (-20) mid. Thats a pretty high risk mix-up. Thats why i usually just go for cheap BT 2Ks.

every single one of talims moves are high risk, im just praising the fact that she at least has 1 move that gives her + frames on block without having to go to stance. The ppl i fight usually stand when talim is in bt, and so intstead of doing btb, i go for a talim frame trap (lulz) and try to get more damage.

but i see ur point tho, i just play a lot riskier...sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesnt....

If you use it after WC throw, it's hard for people to react to in most cases. It also breaks SG in 10.... easily her best horizontal SG damager.

On another topic, the rule in general seems to be that backstep kills Talim. While we know that's not 100% true, it's still a pain to deal with smart backstepping at times.

After working on the punishment guide some more, as well as using it in casuals, I've noticed how decent the range is on 4B. It catches hitboxes of characters when they try to backstep a lot of times. Second hit seems to thwart whiff punishing. What do you guys think to use to stop backstep?

well after i kept gettin punished for AS A+B, ive adopted 66b into my moves and it works wonders...its safe on block and comboable on hit...and it catches backstep...my only gripe with it is its quite linear, but i use the move solely for when i think they are going to back step or when i am trying to get in close.

i also do 6A+b, but not as much...

6b is kool too...it dus hav a relatively quick recovery so that its hard to whiff punish on reaction...if ur fast enough i guess u can score a bt b....but i do 3a more...kool step killer for wen ur close and it can catch backstep...

I typically dnt hav a problem with backsteppers...i hav more of a problem with just hitting ppl from far away...without getting stepped...

Yeah, 66B is really good for that. It's hard to get punished even if you get stepped. It can be ducked and punished, but that's rare. Since they're backstepping, the move being linear shouldn't be a major problem.

As far as I know 22A is the longest reaching stepkiller she has. Otherwise I guess you don't have much. 6A reaches pretty far from mid range. If they're stepping too far for either of those, I try not to attack at all until I get closer.

And it's not just regular backstepping. Moves like X's/Raph's/Yun's 44B, Mina's 4A, Mitsu's 4B, etc. can be a pain due to their backstep properties. 4B seems to do okay against these and gives good reward for CH. It's also a mid so that's a plus.

i've been messin around with steppnig back and doing 6A+B against those moves.

-shrug- i dunno how bright that actually is. I dont exactly play a gang of sc players or anything. >.>

dogy, ur in GA? we should play a couple...

i actually like 6a...i just feel like u get no type of advantage from that move, and i cant ever hit check to see of i hit, so i always end up doing just 6a for fear of them ducking the second a....

i actually dnt think there is anything u can do about those moves...WC works well against yun and raph 44b...idk about anyone elses...maybe trying to WL wen u think they are going to do it?

Back