Talim Q&A / General Discussion

i've been messin around with steppnig back and doing 6A+B against those moves.

-shrug- i dunno how bright that actually is. I dont exactly play a gang of sc players or anything. >.>

Watch Kura's matches. He uses 6A+B effectively as a punisher and to work on the opponents soul gauge.

Sup Hy- You can say that again.

I know it's not correct but sometimes I feel like I'm the only SCIV playa in the world that (still) uses Talim.

Watch Kura's matches. He uses 6A+B effectively as a punisher and to work on the opponents soul gauge.

Yes. Though the only problem with this that I can see is that it seems like a muscle memory reaction. By that I mean he gets away, and just does 6A+B out of conditioning. I have this same conditioning with certain moves. (I'm sure everyone does to some degree)

Generally, if you can whiff punish with 6A+B you can almost always use 236B in it's place... IF you're aware of it. That's the tricky part unfortunately, recognizing that you did make them whiff and reacting immediately.

As for gauge working, he's definitely on point with that.

I think Kura has impeccably good timing and Yomi.

He knows what move to do and when to do it.

I thought I would see him use moves that I don't use, but he doesn't.
He uses the same moves I do (or know) BUT he uses em at the right time.

Absolutely, there's no question he has those things. I'm just saying that he'd be even more dangerous, as we all would, if we utilized that kind of timing with higher damaging moves.

Since 236B and 6A+B are pretty much the same speed, I figured Kura's aware that one move does a lot more damage than the other. He's really good at what he does, but just imagine if he conditioned himself to take 60+ damage every time he did it instead of 30.

That's what I've been trying to focus on more. Timing and making the most out of my punish opportunities. It won't be 100% all the time, but if you can hit people harder for whiffing, you can sorta make up for Talim's lack of overall damage.

Edit: Now that I think about it though, it could be a safety thing as well. Maybe he thinks that there's a chance his move will be blocked so he goes for the safer and more SG damaging option, I dunno.

dogy, ur in GA? we should play a couple...

ya, warner robins.

I don't really play SC that much, but i'd be willing to play some if I ever caught you somewhere. SC4 talim is still one my fav characters in all games. Enough that I force shin reiatsu to play SC4 just about everytime I go to his house so I can do dumb lolz shit.

is a grab attempt GUARANTEED after BT B+K A+B? people duck it sometimes :X

if it is, what is the exact input i need to do to get the grab off fast enough? thanks

If you are in range and not doin another move you can always do a throw (so we don't say throw attempts are guaranteed).

We might say a throw is guaranteed if there is no way the opponent can escape (by ducking or breaking the throw; re they would probably have to be in some kinda stun condition, in the process of gettin hit or in the air).
There are probably only a few cases in SCIV where a throw is guaranteed (Asta's air throw may be one) and I don't know of any for Talim.

obviously they can break it but I think you misunderstood my question

is there enough stun on the guard break that they HAVE to get grabbed if I do the input correctly?

obviously they can break it but I think you misunderstood my question

is there enough stun on the guard break that they HAVE to get grabbed if I do the input correctly?

BT B+K A+B gives +14 on hit, while a throw takes 17 frames to come out. Therefore, it isn't a guarantee under my books :)

In any case nice to see ya! ;)

I had the answer somewhat right (in street terms) but you guys know all the technicalities.

It's good to know we're all still here albeit waitin/stayin in the shadows (haha).

so dus anyone have anymore information on the random 33a stun? i kno it is wen u hit with the first hit only, but dus anyone kno how close u gotta be or wat the conditions are or watever?

Not sure man, I tend to have it happen when I don't want it to. Seems like if you hit 33A at tip it sometimes happens. More so if it's CH I think.

Back