Talim Q&A / General Discussion

yea me tooo...it usually happens wen i hav a guaranteed ringout...but lately ive been able to react to it a bit more....i am usually able to pull off 4bb...so it has its uses...i guess

yo is 236b a tech trap after wr a+b?

I got it twice, but idk if its luck or not, seeing as i only do wr a+b once in a blue moon

I don't know, never tried it. I just use 44K or 4A+B whenever I hit it. I'll look into it later though. If it is a tech trap that would be nice, even though not many people tech against me to begin with for some reason.

yoooo sup lites out
at the top of the page it says games and tournaments...klick the little arrow thing next to it and klick online tournament
klick the one for the week ur in, and u join from there

hi i'm new to 8wayrun.com. can someone tell what the numbers in the combo lists mean, or tell me where to find what they mean?

quick noob question here...i know 8 or 2 A+B is WC but

WS = ?
WL = ?

i mean i know 4 or 6 A+B triggers the move but i don't know when it is WS or WL

Windsault (or AS) is the forward flip stance. Done with 6B+K

Windleap (or WL) is the stance where she hops backward. Done with 4B+K

Windcharmer (WC) is done with 2 or 8B+K not A+B

hey, i've been able to use A+B 236A 236B (ice wind combo) consistently now. a few days ago i noticed how slow it is to start. any tips on when/how to use this? i hardly ever land it on someone in battle.

i only use it in combo(BT [b+k] a+b IWC) or as another mid out of BT
the move is really unsafe, so i wouldnt be throwinng it out, only use it if u kno its gonna hit
Id spend more time learning her command grab than IWC, has more uses

Ice Wind Combo is best used as a whiff punisher option. If you sidestep something, (single step, not 8 way running) use it. It does a nice 50 points of damage with knock down.

It is really unsafe though if it's blocked.

thanks, and on an unrelated topic, is there any difference between online and offline battles?
just finished a fight and right before it, my opponent sighed and said he hates going against talim. i asked why. he said that she's so fast and jumpy. i almost laughed! maybe it's just ignorance, but he seemed to truly believe that. must be less talim players than i had previously thought. most of my online friends use/know talim so i don't think much of it.

I think in amongst the less commonly used characters, Talim opponents appear quite often... for me anyway.

BT WL A+B is one of my favourite moves, albeit very hard to pull off. If you do pull it off though, you can follow up with IWC. If it's blocked, not only does it deal decent SG damage, it leaves you in an advantage- I usually try to throw or do a BT B afterwards. More so than anything though, BT WL A+B (and the UB version) is there to remind the opponent that the option's there, and gives them a little something to worry about.

You should definitely try to use BT WL A+B whenever you can (safely, of course).

Hey guys, brand new to these forums and to talim. I was wondering if any of you knew where i could find a nice guide of her listing like pokes and stuff, just things to get me on my feet with her.

After looking around in this SA, there really does need to be a beginner's guide to Talim or something. Most of the threads here are for people who already know the basics. She is easy to pick up and play, but hard to get really good with though.

I'd say look at my post in the "Picking a Playstyle" thread for a few moves and their uses. As long as you know the terms and notations (i.e. 66B, ws A, FC 3BB, etc...) that should help a little. If you don't know the notations, there's a guide for that too in the Tactics subforum on the main forum page.

After looking around in this SA, there really does need to be a beginner's guide to Talim or something. Most of the threads here are for people who already know the basics. She is easy to pick up and play, but hard to get really good with though.

I'd say look at my post in the "Picking a Playstyle" thread for a few moves and their uses. As long as you know the terms and notations (i.e. 66B, ws A, FC 3BB, etc...) that should help a little. If you don't know the notations, there's a guide for that too in the Tactics subforum on the main forum page.

Thanks man, i really wanna get my overall soul calibur game better. You know, learn the equivalent of footsies and spacing and all that but i will check out your guide. My talim game is really crappy right now so i doubt it could make me any worse lol.

i wasn't sure where to post this, but what's the basis of creating a tech trap? whenever i think i created one in practice, it gets ruined in matches.

Back