Talim Q&A / General Discussion

In the combo thread (and here) we got to talkin a little about :SL: (Special Low), :SM: (Special Mid) and Special High.

Lookin through Talim's move list here's what :SS: (Special moves) she has-

:2::A:= :SL:
Full Crouch :A:= :SL:
*The damage for the :2::A: and the FC:A: are the same and they look the same- The 8WR move list states their damage is different (?).

Back Turned :2::A:= :SL:
And I didn't know :A::A::B: had 4 hits but the 3rd one= :SM:

Surprised to see :2::B:= :M: (Mid)

So if you want a low (that can't be guarded standin) then :2::K: or some other :L: (Low) move are your options.

Just wanted to put the info out there.
After 7 years I'm still learnin, albeit slowly, haha.

So with talim, is ^A+B a good move to step after? It seems positive ( I haven't really looked at her frames). And BB Is positive for a step? IDK I'm so lost with her. Also is 33_99A A good Side step punish?

she only has a couple of moves with good frames (not counting transitional moves)
everything else is stupid
thats kinda y she is low tier

what's a good interrupt or poke move with talim? all i can think of is 22_88K, 33_99A, or A+K. i mean i know that she doesn't have many "good" moves, but she has to have something to deal with fast moves......other than GI.

A+K is not good for interrupting, neither is 33_99A

2A is good
6K is good
1A+B is good
3B is great if you can predict a CH with it. otherwise just ok.

If they're using fast short-range moves (ie: iMCF, Mitsu 3A, Cervy 6K etc...) 4A+B/44A+B works nicely as well.

thanks zeroeffect, totally forgot about 1A+B.

i'm having trouble figuring out the timing of 33_99B:B. i didn't even know about this JF until about a week or two ago. hate hidden JF's.
anyways, from what i get when i sometimes get it is a short delay to it, kinda like setsuka's 1B:B for comparison. i'm not entirely sure of that though.

(thanks if you can explain it, i know explaining JF's can be.....difficult)

also, what's a good way to deal with long-range character i.e., ivy, kilik, astaroth, etc. ?
6B+K isn't very effective, for obvious reasons. usually, i tend to go with 2_8B+K~6~A+B. it can be extremely difficult to get close to someone who knows how to space well.

Well first, the move is 33B:6B, not 33B:B. So maybe that's the problem. Other than that, you just time it so the 6B comes out at the moment the first part hits. You just have to practice it to get the feel of it

Facing Ivy is very different from Kilik, who is very different from Astaroth... so you'd have to explain what you mean about dealing with long range characters exactly.

Facing Ivy is very different from Kilik, who is very different from Astaroth... so you'd have to explain what you mean about dealing with long range characters exactly.

what i mean is approaching them, they can keep you out of range. i have a hard time getting close to people who are experienced against talim. i feel that she is pretty limited when it comes to getting within range, her jumps aren't very safe.

and about the JF, yeah, i was doing the wrong input =P

what i mean is approaching them, they can keep you out of range. i have a hard time getting close to people who are experienced against talim. i feel that she is pretty limited when it comes to getting within range, her jumps aren't very safe.

BALONEY! 66B them in the face until they're dead!

Watched some of your casuals that were streamed before the NEC comp ZeroEffect317 (good goin BTW ; ))-

:B::B: I sometimes follow up with :6::B:
Can mix in some :1::K::A: too (knockdown on CH).

EDITs
Too bad about the pad cable prob in the team comp.
Talim can get em next time.

Thanks. I wish the casuals were recorded, since otherwise I was only on the stream in one match. (The team tournament match I was DQed so I don't count that one.) I was kinda surprised that Black Mamba did that though, just cause i figured he had a more competitive drive than that. Plus he had Dreamkiller on his team still.

Guess you can't blame him for it, but it's still disappointing. My match with Jian's Siegfried should be on youtube somewhere.

I know you prob knew what I posted already (and are sayin thanks cause you're a nice guy).

They didn't record those casuals?

Ya I was kinda surprised Black Mamba did that too, but it's up to him.
Course he was thinkin on how lethal your Talim was/could be!

yo zero, wen u gon get back online? i got some lows waitin for u...ill show u who da top talim is lol

Talim JP - yeah it was his call. As I said, I can't blame him for taking the sure thing. I'm pretty sure they weren't recorded. If they were. they aren't posted yet.

Suphy - It's been hard playing online after so long. I get beat by the dumbest stuff nowadays. I might be back on in the next couple weeks. I'm pretty busy for now with finals for school.

My boyfriends hijacked my xbox, so can somebody tell me the properties of 33_99B:6B compared to 33_99B6B as I can't currently test it.

Back