Teach me how to Ivy, teach me, teach me how to Ivy

Mirandacide

[08] Mercenary
Okay, I've seen countless people using Ivy going from 1B (while crouching) launch to 6B8 in the opposite direction. After trying for months I have not been able see how I can possibly turn around fast enough to do this... Any help you could share would be so lovely. When I get a life and/or a job and quit driving myself crazy over this blasted game I will consider purchasing you an Edible Arrangement.

Thanks a bunch.

Here's a tip for Ivy when doing 6B8 BE, don't use the 9B+K after on these characters.

Ezio
Raphael
Astaroth
Or any other character that can close the distance and punish you hard for believing the 9B+K follow up is an actual combo.

I'M SURPRISED NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THIS PROPERLY FOR YOU. AFTER FC 1B, YOU HAVE TO DUCK TO ENABLE IVY TO TURN AROUND FASTER IN ORDER TO GET THE AIR GRAB IN. I HAVE TO WARN YOU, THIS SHIT IS DIRT CHEAP. I NEVER DO IT, BECAUSE I CAN'T DO IT CONSISTENTLY ENOUGH (THE INPUT TIMING ISN'T EASY) AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY WITH THE GUARANTEED DAMAGE YOU GET WITH FC 1(B).

Okay, I've seen countless people using Ivy going from 1B (while crouching) launch to 6B8 in the opposite direction. After trying for months I have not been able see how I can possibly turn around fast enough to do this... Any help you could share would be so lovely. When I get a life and/or a job and quit driving myself crazy over this blasted game I will consider purchasing you an Edible Arrangement.

Thanks a bunch.
Basically the instant that they have gone over your head you have to press G6B8. It has to be done very quickly and you only have a few frames to input it properly. Do it too soon and you get just a turnaround B, too late and it whiffs.

Back