Team Crooked Jester October Soulcalibur IV Monthly

Jaxel

Administrator
The last tournament had a 47 people in it! Hopefully this one will be just as big. As well, last tournament, we were restricted to the garage, this time we will have access to the entire house again (as well as the garage). However, because of how big the last tournament was, I'm hoping to start this one a little earlier. This tournament will start at 4:00 PM; and my doors will open up at noon for anyone who wants to get casuals in before the tournament (my house will NOT be open on Friday, the day before).

Don't be late! I want to start the tournament as early as possible so that we actually have time for a team tournament. And of course, I appreciate anyone who can bring consoles and televisions; I only have three, so the more TVs we have, the faster we can run this thing, and the more casuals we can get going on.

Event information has been moved down one post and merged with KowTow's post (for formatting reasons).

Test Event

DATE AND LOCATION:

Event has passed...

SOUL CALIBUR 4 RULES
  • Tournament will be run on PLAYSTATION3
  • Match can be played on the 360 if agreed
  • Double Elimination (DONT LEAVE EARLY)
  • Sets 2/3 Matches in preliminary sets
  • Sets 3/5 Matches in semi-finals sets
  • Sets 4/7 Matches in grand-finals sets
  • Matches 3/5 Rounds in all sets
  • Rounds consist of 60 second time limit
  • Winner Character Lock (loser can switch)
  • Double Blind Character Selection available
  • Random Stage Selection for first match
  • Loser's Choice for subsequent matches
  • All stages are currently legal for play
  • All matches played at 100% health/gauge
  • Character Customization is legal
  • Custom Characters are banned
  • Button sequence mapping is banned
  • For exclusivity reasons, Vader banned
  • To keep things simple, bonus chars banned
  • All infinites are banned! No exceptions
  • Pausing may result in forfeiture of round
  • Soft Reset will result in forfeiture of match
HOUSE RULES:
  • BYOC - BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER RULES
    • I will not be supplying Wireless PS3 Controllers, beyond the main room
    • Wireless Controllers cause problems when someone hits the home button
    • Because of this, none of my PS3 controllers will be leaving the main room
    • I will not be supplying PS3 USB Sync Cables, beyond the main room
    • Bring your own so that you dont have to run around searching for one
    • I will not be supplying PSX -> PS3 converters, beyond the main room
    • The converters in the main room are designed for sticks, not PS2 controllers
    • If you use non-PS3 controllers/sticks, you should buy your own converters
  • Squatting during casual play is prohibited (no calling "one more! rematch!")
  • You must take a shower before coming to our tournaments (no stinkers)
  • No smoking inside the house or the garage (thats what the deck is for)
  • Be as clean and courteous as possible (clean up after yourself)
  • Don't walk in front of TVs durings matches (things will be thrown at you)
  • Don't vandalize the house sticks (You can be barred from house sticks)
  • We reserve the right to ban people altogether
  • We reserve the right to search anyone who is suspected of stealing
  • Respect my house and other players in the tournament
EQUIPMENT:

Crooked Jester does have their own house sticks! However, it is recommened that you bring your own controllers or sticks because each stick has a personal feel... and personally I would rather not people keep on breaking all of my sticks. If you are bringing your own stick, make sure to bring an appropriate converter; I will not be responsible for converter and controller issues. The tournament will be run on as many TVs as I deem necessary depending on the turnout; all other TVs will be used for casuals and money matches. We have one 48" RCA Proscan SDTV and two 50" Sony WEGA SXRD HDTVs. Any match recorded in the main room will be recorded and put on the web for download. You may request to not have your videos open to the public.

GAME AND HOUSE FEES:

Since the tournaments will be on console, there will be a tournament fee and house fee. The pot split will be 60%-10%-$10-30%.
  • $10 Soul Calibur 4
  • $5 Soul Calibur 4 Teams
Please don't be late. If you are going to be late, call us before hand so we can hold the start till you arrive. If you have been to one of our tournaments before, you should have recieved someone's phone number in which you can contact. If you haven't, please send either Kid D Zaster, Bibulus, ShadowFox, KowTow or Serge a PM.

Please don't be late. If you are going to be late, call us before hand so we can hold the start till you arrive. If you have been to one of our tournaments before, you should have recieved someone's phone number in which you can contact. If you haven't, please send either Kid D Zaster, Bibulus, ShadowFox, KowTow or Serge a PM.

Yo, I'm Kowtow. Send me PMs and stuff.

[10/11/2008] Team Crooked Jester Soulcalibur IV Monthly - Edison,

I'll be there to bring my TV again. Yo this is two days after the Streetlight show, good timing.

I'll be there.

If you haven't, please send either Kid D Zaster, Bibulus, ShadowFox, KowTow or Serge a PM.

Yo I'm Serge, PM me to talk about dicks.
Yo Jay, lets get a cooking setup going and stuff, i wanna make some steaks with Kitt (plus the act of cooking will keep me under control lol............. sorry Jimmy :-D)

I have to work that weekend. I'll try to get out of it if I can.

Ill be there J and if the weather permits ill bring my 32" LCD i didnt bring it because the weather was horrible as hell...

I will be there as well. Hopefully my voice will return and the cooking you know that I am down for it. Just do me a favor guys, get the stuff before hand and I will need one person who is willing to get spices for me since I wont know what J has til the day of the tourney.

i will be there hopefully i wont play KLIZZA in my 1st match LOL i want a glimmer of hope (cant rely on my kangaroo kick the whole match)
i want revenge on the following
TRUTH - ASTAROTH we played in casuals i use yoshimitsu
NEVERMINDME - TIRA we played in the losers bracket
the beat downs were my motivation ,
hopefully the next few weeks practice will grant me my victory if not thers always NOV LOL

I could pick up spices ... whadya need?

Since this event will be bigger shall i plan on bringing my monitor and 360 again?

and i swear to god if someone waves their hand in front of the screen i'll make kit skullfuck you I dont give an ivy rape apple who you are.

Right now, I am not sure... the reason why is sometimes we got all I need, and sometimes we dont. The day of the tourney I will know...lol sorry.

my schedule is a little hectic at the moment, but i expect to be there and be in the actual tournament this time. i dont know who else from delaware is coming but were gonna pwn.

Im in as well. :) Let me know if you want me to bring anything. :D

I'm in as well...again.
See you peoples there.

Ya'll know I'll be there.

And I might actually drink this time too!

I retire from SC4 guys. See you in 5!!!!

Back