Team France *Official*

yeah, check it but you just need an ID true EU...

Then, this is 10 euros for one tournament if you pre-register online, then 15 euros if you don't

I would have to sell half of my room's content to go to france, lol. But even if I had the money, I would probably go alone. It's really disappointing, there was so much love for SC in this country and now it's all gone, I am the last one who still stands =/

What ever happened to Di? I remember watching you guys Ivy vs X videos in SC3 all the time.

He practically stopped playing the game after our biggest 60+ ppl SC4 tournament in september 08, which he didn't win even though he was expected to. It shocked everyone and our scene basically fell apart because of that. Di plays Tekken 6 now mostly, he can still play SC4 and do well, but it's not the same thing anymore...

wait Di QQ after a loss? and here i thought he left for military or something. what a shame. i am wondreing, is the order of players locked? like say team USA puts KDZ first in round one and thuggish as an anchor, will they be required to keep that order in round 2?

also if team france has 8 people and USA has 5...must all 8 be defeated to win? is team USA going into this with an automatic 3 man handicap? or will france pick 5 of their 8 to play come tournament time?

also...as this is a mutli game tournament...anyone know off the top of their heads who will be going to play and represent the usa in the tekken 6 tournaments? will there be any? is there a world game cup for that as well? ugggg sorry so many questions.

lobo the best is to go here: Worldgamecup.com

Every Team announces 5 players before a match, secret order. Just those 5 play. So no USA does not have to defeat 8.

There is the chance to change once per match for a joker, so one of the five can be exchanged by one the 3 substitutes...

And of course you can announce a new order of the 5 players every match...

Well... I guess 7 is pretty close to 9000 Esom.

I don't disagree with your assessment at all Belial, but I do find it odd that no one seems to remember Esom from the SC2 days. He was consistently at the top 10 in the US since SC2. I understand Aris was overshadowing pretty much all other Voldo players back then, but Esom is not new to the scene at all.

Oh, and I think the language barrier is confusing me on this portion:
Team USA Threat level (from Team France perspecitve)

Thuggish - high (lack of experience, possible counters Saitoh, Keysona, Scud)
Esom - high (lack of experience, possible counters Dina)
KDZ - medium (limits Dina's hilde)
S-U - medium (limits Dina's hilde)
RTD - low (is limited by Kira and Saitoh, is overshadowed by greater threats that FR may view as keypoints to winning this game)
Are you saying France has a lack of experience fighting Esom and Thugish, or that they're inexperienced on the world stage? And are you saying Dina is a counter-pick for Esom, or that Esom is a counter-pick for Dina? And, finally, RTD's a low threat? On what planet?!

For my own line-up predictions:
I see KDZ being pared against Saitoh. I like the speed and aggressiveness of KDZ in this match. I also think these are the two most logical choices for first string. Both highly accomplished, but not the anchors the team will be counting on to keep them safe in the end.
KDZ > Saitoh
I'd send Esom after KDZ, with France attempting to counter with Kira. Again, both players are not the stars of the team and will be a logical choice to fight in a round 2 coin-toss. I know these two also have a history and for that reason I see Esom edging out Kira.
Esom > Kira
Third I'd send in S-U and I'm not sure who France could counter with at this stage, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to chance a repeat of EVO by sending Dina. So, let's say it's Maxou, or possibly Scud. Both of France's options here will counter Asura Dance and I expect good things out of Scud especially.
Scud/Maxou > S-U
At this point it's time to send in the bulldogs. I see Thugish_Pond vs Ahriman. Thugish has had plenty of experience against voldo, though, and I don't think anyone can compete with the trifecta of US Voldo players insofar as variations on the voldo theme. At this point there isn't anything Thugish hasn't seen, however, Thugish has a mixed record vs Esom and Alpha, from what I understand, and that really makes this a hard fight to call.
Thugish, Ahriman : No clear winner
Finally the anchors: DTN vs RTD. Who can really call this one? DTN has massive adaptability, but RTD offers a hard counter - mad turtle power. How do you "adapt" to what everyone already knows is coming and has been proven time and time again to be ultra powerful? No disrespect to DTN, but no matter how well you read your opponent, it isn't useful if your opponent told you his strat and doesn't care if you know. :)
RTD > DTN

Well, I find it downright ignorant to think a legendary player is only and always associated with winning majors. The reason is simply because you're ignoring just how those majors were won. How you gonna act like someone is a gift from the gods when you're completely ignoring the fact they exploit the competition with the absolute top of the line characters and the techniques along with it. Say what? This is the exact same theorizing of who will win an upcoming tourney that will fail you, just like how I was the only one to accurately predict the top 3 for EVO when the top 8 players were established: I looked past conventional wisdom seeing that alternatives were just as real a possibility. But this should be obvious when you consider that one fact doesn't automatically equal another.

Eli, I dont underrate Esom, I watched him since SC2. I just played most of this guys and have my opinion that I apologized for beforehand.

I am saying France is _rumored_ to have little exp vs Amy and Voldo. That is a mere speculation.
I was saying that Dina appears to be a counter for Esom, since where lack of matchup experience is a factor, brokeness must step in.

Please understand, most of that players are REALLY good. Some of them are INCREDIBLE. You can never tell how the battle will unfold. All I can do is to speculate on something, that is not the major factor in the first place. But if you face a team full of powerhouses you can either panic, or try to somehow rise your chances, like determine primary targets and secondaries. From perspective that FR is _rumored_ to be weak to Amy and Voldo, and _rumored_ to have Kira-Hilde-destroyer they should view RTD as something they will _most likely_ be able to handle one way or another etc etc. But of course france first kicks out their best chances to beat RTD (Kayane and Malek), then start to panic in his face xD

Finally at the very least I've played everybody except S-U on the list, so my speculation at least may seem potent.

Vincent: Was that adressed to me?

Belial: No. However, your comments did remind me since you said the word legendary a lot. It was just something I've been meaning to express to the community and you reminded me.

Yes there is truth to your words. Legend is not a title, rather a story. Born regardless of how hard was the road to the point where a some great player becomes a subject to fandom. And this kind of fame is both a pleasant thing, but also a hard burden. Sometimes you might not be able to live up to the expectations due. But nevertheless story isn't born out of nowhere. Exploiting the competition takes skill too. Exploiting it effectively (to the point of being almost unbeatable) for years - which Thuggish and RTD did - is definitely the kind of which a legend is born. Heroes may rise and fall, but their legend will live on and continue until replaced by another. There's nothing wrong with desire to see a local legend win. There's nothing wrong with being wrong about it. Hope and excitement due is pleasant and enjoyable thing. However, casting this beautiful delusions aside without getting anything in return (unless the fact of your ability to predict precise results is selfindulgent enough) is nothing to be proud of.

Way off topic but I really admire people who can speak eloquently in multiple languages. I don't have anything to base that on in Russian, but forget the really minor interliteral translations, and Belial is almost better at English than some native speakers I know. That goes for people like Aheda and Malek as well. I hope to some day be that proficient at Japanese. I'm still a long way off. :)

Back to the topic! I want my OVER 9000 rating damn it! Damien, what do you think Belial got right and what did Eli get wrong? They both had good points I think. I dunno if I would pick the same order as they do. I also think I have a better anti-Asta than most since I play him too. My anti-Mitsu is quite good too... when I"M NOT PLAYING ON A PAD! (j/k I don't think it made much of a difference Belial :) ).

Well, I find it downright ignorant to think a legendary player is only and always associated with winning majors. The reason is simply because you're ignoring just how those majors were won. How you gonna act like someone is a gift from the gods when you're completely ignoring the fact they exploit the competition with the absolute top of the line characters and the techniques along with it.

Why does the Soul Calibur commune make up bullshit excuses like this. A win is a win. It does not matter how u get there as long as it is part of the rules. Its the fact that u got there end of story and was ur comp of respectable quality otherwise ur just beating randoms.

To many stupid comments on well this guy is only good cause he uses this character etc. Ex.

"Kilik is a no skill character"
"Hilde is broken and that's the reason people who use her win" (despite the fact that to this day no one has dominated with her so called brokenness)
"If it wasn't for Amy's cheapness this or that person wouldn't be as good as they are"
"etc." (There are dozens of them)

People make way to many excuses for losing. You either win or u do not. To come up with bullshit reasons as to the reason people lose or u lost is the product of a true scrub mentality (key term being scrub mentality not necessarily saying u are a scrub as u are not). In simple words get better or continue to lose.

People make way to many excuses for losing. You either win or u do not. To come up with bullshit reasons as to the reason people lose or u lost is the product of a true scrub mentality (key term being scrub mentality not necessarily saying u are a scrub as u are not). In simple words get better or continue to lose.

^^^ Sigged

Vints the method doesn't matter in fighting games. Anything goes. or that's how it should be anyway *cough* *cough* *cough*

Way off topic but I really admire people who can speak eloquently in multiple languages. I don't have anything to base that on in Russian, but forget the really minor interliteral translations, and Belial is almost better at English than some native speakers I know. That goes for people like Aheda and Malek as well. I hope to some day be that proficient at Japanese. I'm still a long way off. :)

My first language is ENGLISH!....................................

I fail at every other language/dialect I speak as well...

RTD - low (is limited by Kira and Saitoh, is overshadowed by greater threats that FR may view as keypoints to winning this game)

umm didn't RTD rape Saitoh? This is the most retarded list I've seen in awhile.

Also SU good post, I completely agree with it.

Back