Tekken 7 is a thing...

lol at Tekken 7's story mode. Huge spoiler alert.

It is split in two.

The first is like SCV's story mode. The main story mode focused primarily on Heihachi, and Kazuya. You also get to play as Lars, Akuma, Alisa, and Lee in some points, while Claudio, Nina, Jack, and Kazumi are background characters you face down the line. Everyone else, excluding Jin who is incapacitated, is absent from the main storyline. Like Patroklos, you play as Heihachi ALOT!

Unlike SCV, they also have character episodes, where you play as the other characters who you don't play as in the 1st story mode, but you only get one match and cutscene with them. That's about it.

They might setting up for Tekken 8's storyline with the character episodes, but the story mode, in general, is a lot like SCV's. Only more thought out.

Last edited:
Are the endings really boring/bland and there is NO!? traditional arcade/time attack and survival mode?

There is only one Story mode ending and that's in the Mishima storyline. The characters episodes are simply that. Episodes. Just one match and cutscene with their involvement in the actual storyline ranging to great to horrible.

Steve/Nina's cutscenes connect to Steve's birth and past, Katarina/Gigas barely scratches the surface of his connection to Katarina, Hwoarang/Jin's explains how Hwoarang got the eyepatch, Xiaoyu/Claudio I believe will set up some type of damsel in distress storyline leading to T8, King/Jack kind of delves into Murduk and Armor King's fates, Raven/Dragonov and Lili/Asuka are grudge matches, and everyone else's are just useless matches and cutscenes.

Last edited:
lol at Tekken 7's story mode. Huge spoiler alert.

It is split in two.

The first is like SCV's story mode. The main story mode focused primarily on Heihachi, and Kazuya. You also get to play as Lars, Akuma, Alisa, and Lee in some points, while Claudio, Nina, Jack, and Kazumi are background characters you face down the line. Everyone else, excluding Jin who is incapacitated, is absent from the main storyline. Like Patroklos, you play as Heihachi ALOT!

Unlike SCV, they also have character episodes, where you play as the other characters who you don't play as in the 1st story mode, but you only get one match and cutscene with them. That's about it.

They might setting up for Tekken 8's storyline with the character episodes, but the story mode, in general, is a lot like SCV's. Only more thought out.

At least the story doesn't have to make new character "super cool" like Pat by replacing Setsuka and having her style become destroyed.

Last edited:
Tekken7 is really good. Fighting itself is awesome, graphics are good, netcode is decent too, 2D characters are well implemented into 3D enviroments and merged with Tekken mechanics, which shows that TxSF would be great. Also I'm in love with online tournament mode.
But: customizing is lackluster compared to previous two games (T6 and even TTT2) and single player is severely lacking compared to T3, 5 and 6. Arcade mode is usless - SCV level of useless, no TekkenForce. But tekkenball is in the DLC, so +1 I guess. New characters, aside from Akuma, Kasumi and Claudio have zero purpose to be in the roster instead of someone from past games that's not included.
Generally everything is very good. As a fighting game solid 10/10 I haven't THAT much joy with a fighting game for a long time, as just a game 7/10.
Also, could somebody who cares ask Harada on twitter (I don't have a twitter and it's kinda silly to register for just one question):
Would customising be eventually improved with patches and such? Like returning separation of body and hand, pants and shoes categories, returning hair customisation from T6/TT2, adding character unique customisation items from T5 and T6 and ability to have both a hat and non-default hairstyle at the same time?

Yeah, I've heard a lot of great things about Tekken 7 and I feel very interested in getting it. Although I may have to put it on hold for the time being.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of great things about Tekken 7 and I feel very interested in getting it. Although I may have to put it on hold for the time being.
It's very good, but... quite empty. Also online, while having a good netcode, has a lot of bugs (it's promised to be patched this week +/- few days, so won't really count that). This thread gonna explain it more or less: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=132541
Compared to previous titles, on content side, it's pure cashgrab. But... it's still great in terms of fighting and that's what made me satisfied with it, even though I pre-ordered deluxe edition and found quite lacking game on launch.

I think this game is more fun than SFV.
T7 while lacking in content, is still a full game. While SFV came out in basically a beta state, and eve though new things are added over time it's not nearly even close to T7. Also, compared to SF4, its combat is quite dumbed down. SFV is a meme game and seriously comparing any game to it is basically an insult.

That's debatable. I think ME: Andromeda is just as memey as SFV.
ME:A actually is more memey, cuz fighting game is a quite niche genre, while this game is known to all. Yes, as SF is one of most known fighting game franchises, even uninterested people may know its name, but most of the time nothing more.

Tekken7 is really good. Fighting itself is awesome, graphics are good, netcode is decent too, 2D characters are well implemented into 3D enviroments and merged with Tekken mechanics, which shows that TxSF would be great. Also I'm in love with online tournament mode.
But: customizing is lackluster compared to previous two games (T6 and even TTT2) and single player is severely lacking compared to T3, 5 and 6. Arcade mode is usless - SCV level of useless, no TekkenForce. But tekkenball is in the DLC, so +1 I guess. New characters, aside from Akuma, Kasumi and Claudio have zero purpose to be in the roster instead of someone from past games that's not included.
Generally everything is very good. As a fighting game solid 10/10 I haven't THAT much joy with a fighting game for a long time, as just a game 7/10.
Also, could somebody who cares ask Harada on twitter (I don't have a twitter and it's kinda silly to register for just one question):
Would customising be eventually improved with patches and such? Like returning separation of body and hand, pants and shoes categories, returning hair customisation from T6/TT2, adding character unique customisation items from T5 and T6 and ability to have both a hat and non-default hairstyle at the same time?
It seems like they could be adding more as the time goes by. I'm guessing time will tell, because the only information they revealed is "guest character" DLCs. We would have never known about Tekken Ball if someone didn't dive into the game files.

Back