Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited

Heaton, I would have helped, but I don't know drag at all very well, haven't had much lab time with him... perhaps however the following might give you a hint as to ideas you come with.

u/f+4, 4, b+1:1~f,2,b+1:1~f,f+4,3~5 B! [Drag 2 hit move perhaps as TA] wr+3,4

The problem with that is basically everything Dragunov has either has the second hit whiff, or makes the last hit of whatever Lee is doing whiff. I did find a few things, though:

u/f+4, 4, b+1:1~f,2,b+1:1~f,f+4,3~5 B!~ Dragunov b+1,2 ~ Lee wr+3,4 - 76 damage
u/f+4, b+2~f,433~5 B! ~ Dragunov f+4,4,3 ~ Lee wr+3,4 - 80 damage
u/f+4, 4, b+2~f,f+4,3~5 B! ~ Dragunov f+4,4,3 ~ Lee wr+3,4 - 82 damage

If you are really after damage you may have to adjust the staple combo from u/f+4 and bind a little earlier so you can fit in f+4,4,3 as a TA.

Just screwing around I came up with this, which binds basically immediately and is also a bit less strenuous on the hands.

u/f+4, 3, f+4,3~5 B! ~ Dragunov f+4,4,3 ~ Lee wr+3,4 - 80 damage

At the end of the day, it's not really all that bad, since on most stages Lee can just carry to the wall and let Dragunov do his thing there. It's just nice to have something for the open stages - 82 damage isn't bad, right?

Also, I saw your posts on TZ. Nice stuff on that combo thread.

I don't play Angel/Lili but my secondary team is Angel/Alisa. I like to use Alisa on point because I feel more comfortable with her than Angel (that's just my preference). Some combos are:

Alisa: d/f+2 b+1 WR 1,2 f+1 b+4,3 TA! Angel: u+1+2 Alisa: ff+2+3

Alisa: u+4,4 TA! Angel: u+1+2 Alisa: ff+2,3

Angel: EWGF EWGF d/b+2 f+1 f+1 ff+3,4 TA! Alisa: f+4,1,4 Angel: 4~3

That's all I got. Can't really help you gameplay wise because, well, I'm not that great myself. Lol
Thanks for the tips on the combos buddy! I also feel the same way about Alisa.

How hard would it be to learn a Jin/ancient ogre team?
I don't know exactly, but. . . I'm having problems learning Mishima characters since Tekken 3 (and I always wanted to main Kazuya, so. . .) As far I can tell, you're gonna spend a little time to learn Jin. But A.Ogre is easy.

Tekken noob here um what so hard about learning the mishima's? Are they harder to learn and master like yoshimitsu and alpha from sc?

Tekken noob here um what so hard about learning the mishima's? Are they harder to learn and master like yoshimitsu and alpha from sc?
the mishimas are pretty good all rounders, not necessarily hard they are sort of like pyrrha
personally I think kazamas are harder due to their annoying strings and timings on certain things

I think they're harder because you have to get that back-asswards retarded 623 dragon punch motion down (and preferably make it a JF) to do anything worthwhile with them. Who the hell came up with that, and why wasn't there anyone around to slap him silly and say, "let's just keep crouch dashes 236." I find it easier now that I'm playing on a hitbox, but I still would rather stay away from the Mishimas because of it.

I raged so hard last night when I almost lost to this guy who was using lili and it looked like he was just rolling his fat face across both kick buttons. He didn't do one single punch attack with her. I don't mind losing to people who are better than me, or who at least know what they're doing, but when something like that happens, this game just makes me so mad.

Now for a legit question. I'm using b3+4,3+4 as my TA filler with Alisa, but sometimes when I do it, the guy goes flying so far away from me, that my kuni or xiao can't even run far enough to do an ender. It seems to have something to do with how many hits I've done in the combo, I think. Is there a counter or something, where if you go over so many hits the game just says "lol gtfo fgt" and blasts your opponent so far away you can't catch them? Or is it just that TA filler that I'm using? It happens with b2,4 too though.

Like with Kuni, I'll do df2, f3+4, f1, f4f, 1,2,4~5, then the b3+4,3+4 sends them sailing, but if I just do df2, b1, f1, df1+2~5, Kuni will stay on top of them.

Also, this is probably Alisa specific, but when I'm doing a combo in practice mode, the second hit of b3+4,3+4 as a TA filler doesn't get counted in the damage. Does that mean the opponent could tech out of it? (I probably should go ask this in the Alisa SA).

Can I play with you guys Kane? I'm not a total scrub, I understand how to do the combos, and can sorta BDC (better from P2 side), but I'm still lacking and sometimes lose to people who are obviously complete trash, like that lili that only knew kicks.

I also now actually have a wired connection!

yea, that would be fine. I had sent heaton a couple invites last night, but he either didn't accept or wasn't around... but had some ggs with spman and a much improving xeph.

send me a request to emily_rochefort [and let me know it's you] ... I'll probably be playing ranked today, but I'll be on training tomorrow again w/ xeph and probably spman

yea, that would be fine. I had sent heaton a couple invites last night, but he either didn't accept or wasn't around... but had some ggs with spman and a much improving xeph.

send me a request to emily_rochefort [and let me know it's you] ... I'll probably be playing ranked today, but I'll be on training tomorrow again w/ xeph and probably spman
PSN or XBL

so i started with nina/jack and have since moved onto nina/lars.

lars is seriously one of the easiest characters to pick up but his TA! fillers are the most compatible with nina.

so ashamed lol

I raged so hard last night when I almost lost to this guy who was using lili and it looked like he was just rolling his fat face across both kick buttons. He didn't do one single punch attack with her. I don't mind losing to people who are better than me, or who at least know what they're doing, but when something like that happens, this game just makes me so mad.
Yeah.

Your matchup knowledge has to be on point. Your whiff punishing also has to be solid. If you're not good on both accounts, you'll lose to completely retarded shit.

I believe in Soul Calibur, when someone's whiffing like a fool, you can whiff punish with your weapon that has good range, generally keeping yourself out of harm's way. But in Tekken, you attack with your body- your extension isn't very long, every time you throw something out, you fly along with it, too. (Kind of like a Maxi 66K or Natsu A+B I guess.) So, you have to know exactly what you're doing, or you'll get caught by a flying limb when you move in to attack.

Watchin' replays, practice mode, studying frames. That's my gameplan, anyway.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ttt2-frame-data/

That's where I get my frames from now currently. Dunno if there's something better.

so ashamed lol
eh, why? you pick an "easy" character. That just means you're comfortable, that's a good thing.

Play a guy like Kane up there, suddenly things won't be so easy.

I am a noob too, but I started with T6. Watching videos only gets you far. A lot of learning is having a controlled environment. Because how the pros play the game is tremendously different from the experience online. Every character has a huge moveset, and you will lose to stuff the pros never use. Stuff that you still have to learn to counter. If you don't have a strong community to back up every single match up(that you have to learn to be any good) it's gonna take awhile.

I think the most important thing in tekken is movement. I believe that's the first thing you have to really get down.
They say to develop good basics you have to know how to play a mashima. In otherwords electrics and wavedashing.

Depends on how committed you're.

Yeah.
eh, why? you pick an "easy" character. That just means you're comfortable, that's a good thing.

Play a guy like Kane up there, suddenly things won't be so easy.

Nina's quite difficult to play, and hard to pair someone up with.

I need to get around to playing you, Kane, though.

Yo, dude, is binding illegal and mapping legal?

button binding is illegal in tournaments. I think mapping a single button is legal though? ... I am not sure

Back