Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited

I always thought it was kinda silly. What's wrong with having 2 buttons mapped to a shoulder? I guess because the developers wanted some things to have hard execution, and penalize pad players?

I got my shoulder buttons to correspond to the position of the buttons on my pad so.

L1= LK+RP
L2= LP+RP
R1= LK+RK
R2= RP+TAG - That's by BE button as it were. (still miss not having RP+RK there, but its a throw I can do easily with the buttons anyway and using R3 to tag combo is nonviable for me)

I can see why they don't like binding because sometimes you can complete strings like Lili's f+3+4, 3 4 just by mashing forward and R1 and some of King's throw strings are easy as fuck to do with shoulders also.

But the challenge of the game should come from your opponent not the controls. (Unless you're doing JF attacks)

neo_whoa_1.png

I keep getting beat by twats with rage that use unseeable safe lows which should only be a niggle of my health but instead take like 20% just gtfo.

As far as button bindings go, its rather difficult to press LP+RP+LK with just your thumb on the face buttons. Its also pretty difficult to get LP+RP, LK+RK using the default button configurations. RP+RK, LP+LK is pretty easy on default settings, but RP+LK and LP+RK is pretty tricky.

None of this matters if you're using an arcade stick, though. All button combinations then are easily accessible.

I don't know exactly, but. . . I'm having problems learning Mishima characters since Tekken 3 (and I always wanted to main Kazuya, so. . .) As far I can tell, you're gonna spend a little time to learn Jin. But A.Ogre is easy.

I've played Jin since T3 and in T4 he was really easy. I had trouble learning his new stuff in T5, but in T6, I had no idea what to do with him anymore. My understanding with Jin is that he doesn't really need to rely so heavily on his CD stuff. I'm not so sure that's still true, though. His sample combos in T6 seemed particularly challenging for me. One of the one, IIRC, WS+2, > 1,2,3, > b+2,1, > something... In particular, I had trouble landing 1,2,3 after WS+2.

I bind buttons too, have since T5 DR

R1- 1+2
R2-3+4
L1-1+3
L2-2+4
L/R3- TAG

Doing 3 or 4 button combinations are easy with that layout since you just one of those with either a face button or another shoulder button.

Binding buttons in tekken? If I want to embarrass myself. I just learned claw style for pad, and picked up stick specifically for the game.

Oh... Lol I forgot you main Zwei. Haha well, the community as a whole, not that many people liked Zweu, especially because he's like, half robot.
I always assumed that the mechanical look was an attempt to differentiate Ein from Unknown's wolf. I mean, it still didn't stop people from drawing connections, but I think we'd have seen a lot more "OH EM GEE ZWEI= JUN'S GREAT GANDPAPPY!!" speculation if Ein looked more organic.

Wonder why they ditched the wolf.
If Tekken Tag has its own continuity, Unknown kinda exploded it in TTT1 after it tried to eat her so it could grow some legs.

I always assumed that the mechanical look was an attempt to differentiate Ein from Unknown's wolf. I mean, it still didn't stop people from drawing connections, but I think we'd have seen a lot more "OH EM GEE ZWEI= JUN'S GREAT GANDPAPPY!!" speculation if Ein looked more organic.

If Tekken Tag has its own continuity, Unknown kinda exploded it in TTT1 after it tried to eat her so it could grow some legs.
Yes, but Tekken and Soul Calibur are two different franchises. They have no connection whatsoever, and I'm sure that it would've been an old topic which would be dead by now. Besides, it wouldn't be such a big deal and more people would (hopefully) accept EIN.

And yeah, you're right, she did exploded it. Lol

Back