Tekken Tag Tournament series: the black sheeps of Tekken Saga

NamcoFan

[09] Warrior
Hello ladies & gentlemen, in this thread I'm gonna talk about Tekken series, particularly, about Tekken Tag Tournament 1 & 2.

For much I like Tekken saga, I have to say that Tag Tournament chapters are the black sheeps of Tekken saga, and they suck (and TTT2 is even worse than TTT).

One reason why they suck, is a roster full of pointless characters, like on TTT, all those Jacks and Tetsujin, or on TTT2, Sebastian, Slim Bob, P. Jack, Tiger Jackson and Forest Law (Intent? Creating confusion between Marshall and Forest Law?).

And TTT2 is even worse, because, beside the classic game modes of Tekken Series (Survival, Arcade, etc.), there's nothing else. At least on TTT you had Tekken Bowl...

And you? What's your opinion on the games?

Let me know with a comment...

THANK YOU FORWARD!!!!!!!!!

Hated the first tag, enjoyed the second one for a while. I can't play either of them anymore tho. Waiting for Tekken 7.

I can't see why a game that had fantastic graphics for it's time, returned all of the "dead" cast that players (myself included) missed, introduced a somewhat raw tag system but with cool intros/tag throws, and made dream teams like Mishimas, Ogres, Baek/Hoe, Kings etc accessible sucks because it had Tetsujin and Jacks. That's nitpicking, and I actually liked Tetsujin and Jacks. What are the other reasons it sucked?
TTT2 has many problems, especially for begginers, but it's enjoyable if you spend time into it. And that's one of it's problems.

And TTT2 is even worse, because, beside the classic game modes of Tekken Series (Survival, Arcade, etc.), there's nothing else. At least on TTT you had Tekken Bowl...
I was surprised that people were complaining about this in a fighting game forum, then I realized that this was 8WayRun.

Can you elaborate?

I can try...

Tekken Tag 1 had that kinda "Magic" you find only in few games. It was fresh, it was new(because of Tag). Movelists were simple enough even for moderate players to learn multiple characters and the graphics and Music was GREAT for it´s time.

Tekken Tag 2 has an EXTREMELY high learning curve, too many moves and characters to learn if you are not a die hard Tekken player and new strange Tag-mechanincs I do not like(tag crash/crush, tag combo system ect.) The Music is not good at all imo and the presentation of the game is just soso with almost nothing to do for solo-players.

That´s what comes to my mind atm.

Last edited:
Anybody here who would like to have either Eddy OR a Capoeira style fighter in T7? If so let me know. If not, let me know.

I can't see why a game that had fantastic graphics for it's time, returned all of the "dead" cast that players (myself included) missed, introduced a somewhat raw tag system but with cool intros/tag throws, and made dream teams like Mishimas, Ogres, Baek/Hoe, Kings etc accessible sucks because it had Tetsujin and Jacks. That's nitpicking, and I actually liked Tetsujin and Jacks. What are the other reasons it sucked?

It's just one of the reasons, and not only Tetsujin & Jacks, but a lot of pointless characters...

TTT2 has many problems, especially for begginers, but it's enjoyable if you spend time into it. And that's one of it's problems.

And I forgot: TTT2 stages have also crappy musics...

Last edited:
Back