The Armory III (Weekly Media Roundup) 5/10/12

Welcome back to another Armory. I'm glad you guys are digging this stuff. Just a few shoutouts, UnseenWombat has organized a 16-man online tournament and the finals will be broadcasted by Fahros this Saturday at 6PM EST. Fahros and Bibulus will be commentating.

The Armory is a collection of community content released every Thursday.

Learn Stuff Here
Learn Button Notation
Learn How to Break Throws on Reaction
Winter Brawl 6 Highlight Reel
This is an oldie but goodie. If you've had trouble keeping up with button notation, this video should help a lot.
Throws pissing you off? This video will help you get into the habit of breaking throws on reaction.
Here's a highlight reel of one of the first SCV tournaments at WinterBrawl.
Character Specific
Frostheart put in some work and brought us this Yoshi compilaton.​

Fahros has outdone himself with a full tutorial about Mitsurugi.​

(From Di's Interview with Trace_AFJ)

Di: What would you recommend people trying to learn how to play against Viola? Maybe they should learn how to use her in order to understand her mechanics and weaknesses?

Trace_ AFJ: Well, basically learn to distinguish when she´s W/O (with orb) or N/O (orb set),
  1. N/O is the most dangerous mode,
  2. W/O is very unsafe and useless because she can´t use BEs,
  3. W/O 8A+B is launcher punishable - always remember that.
Basically, learn to punish and how to stop her BEs, keep the distance, don´t let her go close to you.
  • Learn to JG or step N/O 8A+B,
  • learn how to interrupt AAB and BBB properly,
  • learn to punish 44AB – it is interrupteable if you delay it too much and punishable without BE,
  • learn to avoid 44ABE without using meter, using an aGI or stepping the second orb hit, using an auto-step move...
  • learn how to avoid 22B BE traps,
  • and the most important, try always to stop 6B+K mix-ups.
If you see that Viola is using 6B+K close to you, use 2A or 2K super fast to stop what comes after. It is very hard to react to, I know... also learn how to avoid 6B+K mix-ups on block, like 6B+K 1K or 6B+K 6B, you can punish the first with some chars (Pyrrha, a.Pat, Xiba) and you can GI or auto-step the second one. Predict and see 1A+B and punish it because is veeeeeeery unsafe and also punish N/O 3B, which is -14, you can even CE on it, that´s very important.

Casual Stuff

rdmunhoz.JPG
rdmunhoz has a lot of impressive CAS stuff worth checking out. Nice work.

raphael2_0000331x3s.png
cassandra-idlejkuel.png

(These animate on Firefox and Opera, only)​

Have an idea for a future Calibur mechanic?
time-for-a-new-soulcalibur-game_c_146262-jpg.15556
LOL, Mandy...
[notice]If you feel that you've made a high quality media or forum post please send Sp1d3r a PM for review.[/notice]
[notice]If anyone can put together a Viola punish video for next week, we'll host it here on the front page.[/notice]​
[notice]We are looking for a Viola and a Cervantes Soul Arena Mod. PM Heaton with a concise resume and why you're interested. [/notice]​

LOL. Well Im ALMOST an anti-CaS kinda guy. But I gotta say, homedudes african CaS is really cool lookin. There are some people that put a lot of time and effort into CaS, and come out looking like shit. But thats pretty amazing! Good work!!

I fallen in love with the Armory, last week's helped me find out about a local tournament I plan to attend this weekend - my first offline shindig ^^
Amazing content roundup, keep it coming!

Why is it so difficult to click through to the home Youtube channel on this site? It would be nice if you would provide links directly to the home channel. Good post.

Why is it so difficult to click through to the home Youtube channel on this site? It would be nice if you would provide links directly to the home channel. Good post.
I noticed that too, aris. Links will be added when I get home.

Aww, no SoulCast shoutout. :( Granted, the sound does go to shit at a point in that episode, so I don't know if I can call it "high quality," lol.

Back