The Blindstance (backturn) Thread

Artilust

[10] Knight
Could you guys give me some good staple moves that go into BT effectively and vice versa from BT back to face-forward? Right now Im playing around with Voldo and I cant make him fully effective because Im not very familiar with what he has off the top of my head that turns him around.

Thanks in advance.

CR A+K, 6 B,B, CR K (this move leaves u grounded and in BS), 4B,A, and 4A, and 3(K): (his best in my opinion) all lead into BS. to go back to FS: 4A, B+K (which auto hops lows and stuns on CH), 8_8 B. these r some of his best moves when transitioning back an forth, hopefully this helps ya out a bit. but to b truthful being in BS is the best otion, he can deliver sum serious kick ass when in BS. if im leavin anything out, sum1 please elaborate.

Yes please elaborate on anything he left out.

**goes to play around some more in practice mode**

IMO, FC3B _1K_CRK it's the best choice.

FC3B is not safe on block, but push back your opponent a lot more further. it seldom got punished excpet against certain characters.(like Kilik ,Rap)

1K ,good move. -10 on block.... so it can be punished by Taki 'sAA ,A:6 Yoshi's punch.
After 1K block ,following BS A+B pretty much can GI most of vertical and horizontal quick attack. 2A, B.3B ...etc but not K series ,so be careful.

CR K. so good when it on hit, lead you into instand BS mix-up game.

BT A+B is where its at... I try to make my opponent have to worry about as many things as possible during a match and setups like 1[K] BT A+B are bread and butter for people who dont have good kicks and even when they do alot of times BT 1A will TC them or against highs when I think a kick is likely it makes it less risky to 236 and dash to see if they whiff a high... also just block low and buffer dash from FC or just defend low and look for whiff

6B,B is not to be underestimated

WS [K] is good and FC 3B has awesome range

4A is kinda slow but isnt really severe disadvantage on guard so its useful

236K is good but you dont use it as a BT setup it just happens to turn you around

Ok im an above average Voldo user well accustomed with all of Voldo's move set.

My weakness is becoming very apparent when playing advanced players and it is starting to make my game strategy very stale.

What do you guys tend to do to rolling opponents as i feel Voldo does not have many options when the ooponents roll. As i like to keep the pressure up in my opponents face whats my best option? How do you deal with downed opponents who 'play dead; or tend to roll?

PS: Note this is when Voldo is in BS...

BC
''Voldo till im dead and gone''

It somewhat depends on matchup, but this is what I mostly use as oki in BS.

BS 2B+K, K - Great against rollers.

BS 2K

BS 22B - Takes you to front-stance.

Close-up and mixup between BS Throw_66A+G (might just be imaginary, but 66A+G seems to catch rising very well), [BS CR~B], [BS 1K], [BS CR~G, Throw], [BS 66B] when they are rising.

I usually try to catch my opponent when they are rising, sometimes using 2K_2B+K, K to stress when they are rolling around.

Actually, it depends more on what move you used to knock them down, in my experience.

For instance, if it was BS 1A: BS 2K. BS 3B. BS WR_CR B,

But I wouldn't use these if, say, I knocked them down with MCHT K. I'd use: BS 22B. BS 1B.

YouAreFail

Yeah I agree with this, it basically depends on distance, stance and FC/standing. But to keep it simple, best thing (in my opinion) is standing (instead of FC) after KD and being as close as possible.

Ok so Im going to use relative positioning like your front turned even tho your back turned... because while I normally use the opponents position their grounded position could be either way

If they want to move to your right ALOT of things catch like 3B and a whole lot of other moves I cant remember off the top of my head... this side is easy to catch so you dont have to look far

To your left things get ALOT tougher... Your stuck with 44B and 2K or nada... Im pretty sure I tested the whole movelist

2K also catches both sides not just left so its very ideal when someone is going to mix it up on you

BCRcancel...Force Mixup

or just 2K, 2B+K, 3B, 44K, etc...

or BCR~CR game

Voldo has lots of options in this situation, just depends on the opponent.

Oh and watchout for X...she can crybaby you like nothing.

Yea, this is pretty much it. Im having trouble closing space. Close range is cool, but im so used to facing forward 66B or something to that effect. BT 66A isnt getting the job done.

Help?

In BT u want to be MK sweep distance style, most of his moves reach that far. 1A, 3A, 6,6B, and 2B r good for this, 4,4K gets u close does low and puts u grounded face down. So its a little safe. To be honest do CR facing foward or backwards. Calisto rush = good mixup and closes da gap. Hope this helps sum

forgot about that 1, yeah thats a sweet move too. it auto gi's but its high so if they duck.....pray.

When I'm in normal stance, I usually try to get a KD, and from there transition into BT. Like, 1[K], BT 2B+K, K. Now you would have a big advantage, as well as in BT.
I know many people like normal stance for oki more than BT, but I think they are both equally good. Front is, in my opinion, better for direct larger damage, like 2A+B236 B_K, but BT is better for keeping pressure when your opponent is knocked down or rising.

Other way not to lose your advantage, is using 4A. I've not seen many people using that move, as it's high and close-range, but what's good with that move is that's it's quite fast, puts you in BT with +-0 frame-advantage. His BT-moves are pretty fast, so you would quite likely be able to interrupt your opponent.

I would never be in BT if I'm far away from my opponent.

well one thing I dont think anyone realizes is hes got one of the best backstep punishers in the game from BS. His BS 44A leads to like 40% and hits for a mile. Its high but its awesome so while people can hit you on your approach they have to risk attacking if your going to bait them

CR Throws are not to be underestimated if people are going to run straight back. Also Choose your options wisely like you might want to opt out of some damage to get wakeup. Think about using 1 more and not taking chip after 1A to make sure you really get back up on it. Also dont forget about 6A series in close and 22A to shut people down

Back