The Cepheus Store thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sha

[10] Knight
After watching the March 21 st patch trailer I felt this thread would be a good place to disscuss the Cepheus store and not game mechanics.

From what i have seen so far.
It looks like the sc4 dlc and items will come to sc5 with the annoucment of "Classic Head Gears 1" items.
this is goods for those of us who want to recreate old looks.
other packs annouced were SCV charactor equipment 1, maid costumes, active wear 1, ancient armour 1 and modern clothes.

I am pretty excited about the cepheus store

Pretty excited that each of the categories are even numbered... meaning more than just one set. Pretty psyched!

That, and I can finally say goodbye to my lookalike Devil Jin and at least get the proper costume for a better lookalike Devil Jin.

I do hope we also get Weapon sets. Umbrella hidden blade, heh.

Even with my hate towards DLCs I can't hide I'm excited about getting new pieces since I expend lot of time creating.

I just hope they wont be to greedy with prices. And also that SCV character costumes are actually pieces and not full costumes.

But I don't have much faith in both. Since price will be probabbly 2€ each pack, and costumes judging by the video seems to look full costumes, not pieces which is dissapointing.

Pretty excited that each of the categories are even numbered... meaning more than just one set. Pretty psyched!

That, and I can finally say goodbye to my lookalike Devil Jin and at least get the proper costume for a better lookalike Devil Jin.

I do hope we also get Weapon sets. Umbrella hidden blade, heh.

i have a strong feeling we will see all of the sc4 content, weapons included eventually funneled to sc5.

my reasoning is the models already exist for current gen hardware.

a few tweaks and they will be ready for sale faster than say something that needs to be built from scratch.

following this kind of thinking would also explain items from the tekken series migrating to SC5.

i see a bulk of the modern clothing coming from the tekken series

having the original character's outfits from sc5 [and esp other games] is nice ... I just hope they fit properly and aren't 10 sizes too big.
RAPHAEL'S HAT SHALL BE MINE!!!!!
muhahaha_RE_I_FampING_KNEW_IT-s202x184-173786-580.jpg

Yeah, I hope the chars' clothing will be in multiple pieces :O And not floating of course!
That's the only DLC I agree to spend money on (later if it ever exists I'd buy characters and styles, for sure), the rest is just pure blah fan service, so not of any interest for me :D
Hopefully we can get some stuff for FREE, would be quite the commercial (not to say pretty SMART) move from PS ^^
Wait and see! :D

From the looks of it, only some character's 1P and 2P outfits will be out for that "SCV Character Equipment 1" thing. Likely they'll also release 2 and maybe 3 with other characters' outfits.

I really want Viola's 2P heels, Hilde's 2P blouse, and Leixia's 2P outfit as a whole lol.

Yeah, I hope the chars' clothing will be in multiple pieces :O And not floating of course!
That's the only DLC I agree to spend money on (later if it ever exists I'd buy characters and styles, for sure), the rest is just pure blah fan service, so not of any interest for me :D
Hopefully we can get some stuff for FREE, would be quite the commercial (not to say pretty SMART) move from PS ^^
Personally, I'd get everything. Even with the maid costume, there's pieces that could be mixed with what's already provided in the game (like those long boots). I'm confident that we'll be able to use character 1Ps and 2Ps in pieces, otherwise we'll just be cosplaying and that doesn't do much for the "creativity." I am curious about the cost for all of this though...

Personally, I'd get everything. Even with the maid costume, there's pieces that could be mixed with what's already provided in the game (like those long boots). I'm confident that we'll be able to use character 1Ps and 2Ps in pieces, otherwise we'll just be cosplaying and that doesn't do much for the "creativity." I am curious about the cost for all of this though...
I must admit the "dark" maid outfit seems yum yum... Oh God, PS finally found a way to get more money from me! *pouts*
Your argument seems valid too, I hope you're right :) And yeah, let's pray for complete sets that does not cost twice the game price...

But I don't have much faith in both. Since price will be probabbly 2€ each pack, and costumes judging by the video seems to look full costumes, not pieces which is dissapointing.

Every costume was only shown in full in that video, aside from the Pacman accessory. They clearly showed that the maid outfit has multiple pieces though, so it'd be odd if the outfits were all one piece - I don't think that can even work in SC4/5's custom character system - some of the pieces that took multiple slots in SC4, like Xianghua's second costume, were actually multiple pieces forcefully kept together by the game, and people who hacked the game were able to do things like equipping Xianghua's shorts without the vest.

The only problem I can see happening is exactly some outfits taking multiple slots and including multiple parts at once. I'm pretty sure Patroklos boots and gloves will be separate at least, but I won't be surprised if the jacket, mail and shoulder pads are all a single piece (See Raphael's 1p in Broken Destiny).

some of the pieces that took multiple slots in SC4, like Xianghua's second costume, were actually multiple pieces forcefully kept together by the game
The parts of the clothing were actually cut around body parts: let's say a shirt was "belly + chest + shoulders + upper arms + lower arms", and nothing really "forced" together, even full gloves were in two or three parts :D

You got me thinking about "free stuff" through the cepheus store and then it hit me.
"Halo way point"
For those of you that dont know the deal way point tracks achievements in halo games and awards you with things like armor and avatar gear
Namco Bandi could totally do this by tracking achievements/trophies or games played.
then award you with content.
how cool would it be to get say an outfit theme from another NB game.

You got me thinking about "free stuff" through the cepheus store and then it hit me.
"Halo way point"
For those of you that dont know the deal way point tracks achievements in halo games and awards you with things like armor and avatar gear
Namco Bandi could totally do this by tracking achievements/trophies or games played.
then award you with content.
how cool would it be to get say an outfit theme from another NB game.
I actually made a thread about rewarding players who played SCIV before the game was released (before the Ezio leak). But seeing that this is Namco Bandai we're talking about, I have a feeling that the best they'll do is sell them as separate packs.

What I am wondering if the pieces are going to be sold individually or in packs or sets. If they sell it individually, it might come out more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back