The Drawgame, apply versus all opponents?

Klyvaren

[08] Mercenary
Hello!
I usually spend some gamenights a week at my friends place.
I picked up Zasalamel recently and he started playing Astaroth.

When facing his Siegfried my drawgame and mixups really work well, but versus his astaroth I got completley smashed yesterday. It could just have been lack of concentration i guess but my question was:

Should i apply the Drawgame versus Astaroth also, or do i rely on some other strategy?

Not sure if i was losing because i'm not that familiar with astaroths setlist or because he got to utilize being in grabbingrange all the time.

It can be applied to ANY character. But it can't be applied to any player. If you draw in Asty with 6AB and do B+K im pretty sure the only thing he can do to stop B+K from hitting is to block. But it still hits for 0 damage. After playing with Zas more it'll come clear his draw moves work... to extent. With some characters like Amy, they like being close and all. It all depends on how your opponent deals with it. And then you see his patterns after your draws and sidestep, GI, interrupt etc.

btw, 4B+K is beastly. It's safe, spaces, and leads into a decent damage combo. 6kB is another good one. +4 on hit and -4 on block. Either way 2A after 6kB interrupts like a beast.

Thanks for the 6kB with 2A pointers.
I was already using 4B+K alot, love how that combo looks.

Might start maining Zasa instead of Rock. After seeing the gap between Rock and Astaroth I don't feel as energetic about staying true to Rock :)

Yeah Omnis made some good points. 2A after blocked 6kB or 4A will keep you from having to eat a throw mix-up. Hopefully it will condition the Asta player into using 6K or 6A, then you can just block and punish/mix-up. Also, you might want to stay away from 66BB against Asta outside of oki, because if it's blocked, you will have to eat a big mix-up.

Btw, after you pull someone in with blocked 6AB, it's better to try a mix-up instead of B+K, since you have advantage. Nothing Asta has can beat 4B in this situation.

Back