The Final Soul Calibur game

TJohnson

[08] Mercenary
How would you like the final game for Sigfried (and "Friends") to be? I thought it would be neat if all the Good Guys group together (with their stories woven together) and all the Bad Guys group together (the same). The neutral people don’t group (they have no need to). The second to last battle would be destiny battle and the final battle would be against ether Inferno or humanoid Soul Calibur. The background music in the final battle would be “Edge of Soul” which would also be the ending song during the credits (while scenes showing the travel of the character you played plays). And the ultimate weapon would be the opposite of who the character fought.

As much as MK is not considered a legitimate FG (at least the recent ones), if there were to be a "final" SC game, I'd like it to be similar in terms of casting/"plot"/setup like MK Armageddon. I think in terms of story, SC4 brought closure unlike any other game in the series so the only thing that's left is to do one big mashup of all characters, plus maybe possible new ones.

At the very least also, get the Tag Battles back, legitimately this time, that we were teased in SC4. I know you guys can already imagine a finals tournament match where entire teams fight in one round, haha. (very possible with wireless controllers/sticks)

As much as MK is not considered a legitimate FG (at least the recent ones), if there were to be a "final" SC game, I'd like it to be similar in terms of casting/"plot"/setup like MK Armageddon. I think in terms of story, SC4 brought closure unlike any other game in the series so the only thing that's left is to do one big mashup of all characters, plus maybe possible new ones.
I wouldn't call "So Character X walked off never to be seen again..." closure.

How would you like the final game for Sigfried (and "Friends") to be? I thought it would be neat if all the Good Guys group together (with their stories woven together) and all the Bad Guys group together (the same). The neutral people don’t group (they have no need to). The second to last battle would be destiny battle and the final battle would be against ether Inferno or humanoid Soul Calibur. The background music in the final battle would be “Edge of Soul” which would also be the ending song during the credits (while scenes showing the travel of the character you played plays). And the ultimate weapon would be the opposite of who the character fought.

So basically... X-men intro?

...and they were making babies and i saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me...

I would love a reboot. Seems to be the latest entertainment media trend and I approve. I love SC, I hate SC plot however. The characters are terribly acted and feel horrifically generic. I would love a fresh start based on the earliest plot, done right. I want the reasons to why im in said place battling said person etc.... as well. It's not hard to write something tolerable for a fighting game plot and yet EVERY game has fucked it up, MK being the most reasonable by FAR.

It's simple, have a battle happen, your character dives in, then you spot an enemy and square off, bam! You're suddenly in a level where the outer perimeter has a war raging, but your locked in a fight with this guy. He dies, you rush forward and repeat. This gives a logical sequence to each fight and doesnt feel terribly forced. Every fight should be part of plot, even if its a custom minion. Boss sends out minions to ambush, sub plot character interferes with your goal, an enemy from your past happens upon your path, etc...

Also the music DESPERATELY needs to be changed. The music in this game is completely wrong to the feel of combat. It feels more like MMO music in a tranquil non-combat area. Gimme some upbeat fight music with the era/region in mind (kinda like 300 made awesome not cheesy metal while making it feel appropriate to the surroundings).

I thought the SC3 plot was great. Heck, I even liked the strategy game's plot.

I think that SCIV just made some obviously horrible decisions. "lol I know what its like to be parent (`:" and shit like that is just obviously bad. I don't think it would be hard to get an even mediocre writer.

I wouldn't call "So Character X walked off never to be seen again..." closure.

Well, yes, but comparatively to other games, you could tell that the SC4 endings were much more "final".

This is particularly true for the "main" characters; Siegfried, Nightmare, etc. Sieg dies, Nightmare gets one last hax haha, Killik chooses self-sacrifice, X goes with Killik to the eternal beyond, Ivy gets her sword FINALLY broken, Yun finally sees the error of pursuing SE by almost killing Mina, etc.

Idk, maybe it's just me. But comparing to SC3/SC2 endings, SC4 was more inclined to "kill" off characters in the end.

Soul Calibur Yoshimitsu is the ancestor of tekken Yoshimitsu.
His ending in Soul Calibur means "Okay, you've played the old me, now play the descendant me."
So the present him is Tekken. Except he doesn't say Namu..........But he's still fun.

There should be no "Final SC-game", but a reinvention of the story of the 2 swords!

I have this in mind for years now... Siegfried has to die. Let him day in a way that makes sense, so that the story can really! continue!

Nightmare would also vanish as well, so other Chars must take there place!

It´s imo the only way to keep the story intersting. It must be a real! step forward!

It should imo focus around the trio. Maxi, Kilik and X. Maxi should be the new "nightmare", it makes sense after his story evolution. And Kilik( the new "Siggy") is his old friend but who becomes finally Maxis final enemy ´cause only he can stop soul edge and the evil power that drives Maxi and made him go crazy all over the place ´cause of the pain he felt after all of Astas actions

"Maxi, once we were the best friends people could ever imagine, but you became what you hate so much, a monster...
And in the end, it´s my purpose to kill all monsters"...

Epic prelude intro speak by Kilik before the SCV title-screen appears showing the three Chars in a desperate fighting-scene behind 2 images of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge.

And X should be between the two f"ronts"! Of course she fights on Kiliks side against all evil, but THIS IS MAXI AFTER ALL! Or not!? How ccould she ever assist Kilik to kill Maxi!?

That would made up for an epic scene/story/fight between those 3 through pain and the 2 swords separated but once most awesome videogame trio! And it should be years after SCIV. Maybe 5 years!? Would fit to the Title "SCV(5)". ^^

And even that wouldn´t be so extrem like the Tekken-stoy evolution from T2 to T3.

Yeah, that would be a real! new start for SC yet still a story around SoulEdge/Soul Calibur. Perfect.

Back