The Fridge Of Soul Calibur

HydroJames

Shining Sea Dragon
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fridge/SoulSeries

Here is the fridge page for the Soul Series. Some things are best left to the imagination...

Here's some Fridge Horror I figured out...

:sc5pat1:"You are pale and filthy. You must be a malfested!"

This line was taken from one of the most infamous scenes from Soul Calibur V's story mode, where Patroklos stabs and kills and innocent man for supposedly being malfested. I have sometimes wondered why he would can come to that conclusion...

Then I came to a horrifying revelation...

Patroklos had been serving Graf Dumas of Hungary when he took part in these malfested hunts, but he couldn't be the only one serving him. When you realize the Graf Dumas is also Nightmare, you would realize that he would use the new-found political power to gain souls somehow. He would target innocent people to obtain souls, but he couldn't just target anybody as they would question his rule. So, he targets people that are seen as filth by society.

Nightmare has been his using political power to target the Malfested Hunts towards not only innocent people, but also poor people who can't defend themselves for easy souls, for it would be all too easy to convince other people due to their awful appearance...

Last edited:
when i started story mode that line was really funny/strange to me, i was like "what. dude that literally describes half of europe or like at least everyone who's not in the middle-to-upper class wyd"

Some more Fridge Horror...

This time involving Cassandra's SCIV ending...

In her ending, she blames Soul Calibur for what misfortune has befallen her sister, Sophitia, and destroys it along with Soul Edge.

But when you consider that Sophitia was fighting to protect Soul Edge from being destroyed, because her daughter, Pyrrha, would die without evil sword's energy sustaining her...

This makes Cassandra's actions a bit impulsive...

By destroying Soul Edge, Cassandra may have inadvertently killed her own niece...

Back