The (G)litterbox - a crazy cat (and CaS) lady's gallery.

Unicorn Battle Maiden Denali:-

Denali soul cal collage.jpg

It's been a while! Time for some OCs?

Rainbow raver hula hoop girl Charly:-

Charly soul cal collage.jpg

Sachiko an anthropomorphized Maneki-Neko (calling cat) :-

Sachiko soul cal collage.jpg

Wulong, the Lunar New Year puppet dragon:-

Wulong soul cal collage.jpg

Fish and chip couture? Meet Acona Chips!

Acona Chips soul cal collage.jpg

And another food-based creation, Eggon Toaste:-

Eggon Toaste soul cal collage.jpg

It's been a while! Time for some OCs?

Rainbow raver hula hoop girl Charly:-

View attachment 92491

Sachiko an anthropomorphized Maneki-Neko (calling cat) :-

View attachment 92492

Wulong, the Lunar New Year puppet dragon:-

View attachment 92493

Fish and chip couture? Meet Acona Chips!

View attachment 92494

And another food-based creation, Eggon Toaste:-

View attachment 92495
So great to see you uploading again, Nitric! Such a crazy amount of out-there thinking in this newest lot, but you make each one work, no matter how outlandish the underlying concept, due to the polish and thinking-out-of-the-box approach. The two strongest ones for me are the raver and lunar festival dragon. Such strong use of bold colors: not just anyone could use those color schemes and still end up with something that also looks clean. But in all honesty, it may be Eggon Toaste that sticks with me the longest of this group (pun coincidental but totally embraced!), and I bet I won't be the only one! :D Welcome back--I hope this is just the leading edge of a new wave of designs from you!

Last edited:
So great to see you uploading again, Nitric! Such a crazy amount of out-there thinking in this newest lot, but you make each one work, no matter how outlandish the underlying concept, due to the polish and thinking-out-of-the-box approach. The two strongest ones for me are the raver and lunar festival dragon. Such strong use of bold colors: not just anyone could use those color schemes and still end up with something that also looks clean. But in all honesty, it may be Eggon Toaste that sticks with me the longest of this group, and I bet I won't be the only one! :D Welcome back--hope this is just the leading edge of a new wave of designs from you!
Aw, thanks for the warm welcome! <3 I know I've been forgetting to post here, but I'm often busy in other CaS spaces and life is crazy and, at times hard and wearing, which I'm sure pretty much everyone can relate to in current times! I do apologize and must remember to heck in at least once in a while!

Thank you for commenting about the strong use of colour, in both cases I was determined to make an unlikely (for CaS, in which muted and more subtle tones generally look better and are easier to work with!) set of bold and bright colours work, without clashing and to get an aesthetic I hadn't seen used in CaS, to translate well enough in the editor. =)

Eggon is just an eclectic mix of adorable and intimidating, isn't he? xD I knew how I wanted to create the head, but once I'd thought about sticking it onto the Darksider body, I knew he was a winner, haha.

I probably have more I've forgotten to upload, there's probably a lot of stuff on Reddit which isn't here yet. I'll have to ensure that I check by threads some time and look through yours and other galleries, too, there's some great stuff here!

Aw, thanks for the warm welcome! <3 I know I've been forgetting to post here, but I'm often busy in other CaS spaces and life is crazy and, at times hard and wearing, which I'm sure pretty much everyone can relate to in current times! I do apologize and must remember to heck in at least once in a while!
Oh yeah, man, of course! Only so many hours in the day! That's why I was largely AWOL for most of the last, what, two years until recently? But I've got a little bit of wind in my sales for carving out a few CaS moments here and there again, and it's great to know people are still lurking, as I've seen especially this last week. That said, I hope we do see more from you when you can find the time! Your contributions are engaging in both a technical and stylistic sense, and who knows, together with our few other remaining commenters, perhaps we can generate a critical mass of activity again that is sufficient to create a self-sustaining revival of at least this subforum!

Thank you for commenting about the strong use of colour, in both cases I was determined to make an unlikely (for CaS, in which muted and more subtle tones generally look better and are easier to work with!) set of bold and bright colours work, without clashing and to get an aesthetic I hadn't seen used in CaS, to translate well enough in the editor. =)
Well, if that is what you were going for, you succeeded as far as I am concerned, because that's the feature that stood out most, aside from the underlying current of cheekiness in the thematics!

Oh yeah, man, of course! Only so many hours in the day! That's why I was largely AWOL for most of the last, what, two years until recently? But I've got a little bit of wind in my sales for carving out a few CaS moments here and there again, and it's great to know people are still lurking, as I've seen especially this last week. That said, I hope we do see more from you when you can find the time! Your contributions are engaging in both a technical and stylistic sense, and who knows, together with our few other remaining commenters, perhaps we can generate a critical mass of activity again that is sufficient to create a self-sustaining revival of at least this subforum!

Well, if that is what you were going for, you succeeded as far as I am concerned, because that's the feature that stood out most, aside from the underlying current of cheekiness in the thematics!
Well, I'll eagerly anticipate your new wave of posts then, too. ;)

And yes, I'm all about the aesthetic, but pretty crap at lore, I'm more of a fan of trying to convey meaning purely through the visual, without having to explain in great detail what I was going for, lol.

(That and there's generally always a pinch of cheekiness, Charly was named after The Prodigy's first single release and, using a different spelling was also a street name for a particular drug waaay back in the 90's, I remember the controversy surrounding the release at the time, great tune, though!)

Well, I'll eagerly anticipate your new wave of posts then, too. ;)
Well stay tuned, crazy cat fan: there just might be something coming up today that you might appreciate!

And yes, I'm all about the aesthetic, but pretty crap at lore, I'm more of a fan of trying to convey meaning purely through the visual, without having to explain in great detail what I was going for, lol.
Yeah, I'm the same way in one respect: I might have some vague head cannon or concept running through my head when working on a given design, but it's just there in service to the process of creating something that is thematically consistent, not something to be taken seriously in it's own right. On the other hand, I do like to discuss how the concept shaped the approach, sometimes at length. It sort of depend on how vague vs. specific my musings on the concept were.

(That and there's generally always a pinch of cheekiness. . .
Yeah, I always use a little indirect, oblique name--even for my reference designs. I get a little amusement out of the wordplay, and I always like to see if people recognize the reference point without an explicit name. And if I can get a double or triple entendre in there while I'm at it, I'm all about it. Alas, good ol' Vilarcane seems to be MIA these days: he was my best ever pun ping-pong partner. :)

I've been slacking, time to post a few more!

Itz'amna the reptilian Mayan Shaman:-

View attachment 90480
I really hate to differ with someone about their own creation, but Itz'amna sure looks like a salamander rather than a lizard to me, which would make him an amphibian, not a reptile. :,D All pedantic joking aside though, this is just such a slick design: it's definetly one of my favorite builds from a Lizardman base, and there have been a lot of good ones here over the last few years. One of these days we are going to have to get online and have our mesoamerican animal people fight!

I really hate to differ with someone about their own creation, but Itz'amna sure looks like a salamander rather than a lizard to me, which would make him an amphibian, not a reptile. :,D All pedantic joking aside though, this is just such a slick design: it's definetly one of my favorite builds from a Lizardman base, and there have been a lot of good ones here over the last few years. One of these days we are going to have to get online and have our mesoamerican animal people fight!

Hmm, well I guess you're right but Itz'amna the salamander Mayan Shaman doesn't have quite the same ring to it! It's the colouring and the mask, right? Thank you, I stuck the mask in the mouth and was like "oh, I have to use this" and...here we are! Unfortunately I wouldn't be much competition in a lizard person tournament as all of my Calibur time was/is spent in CaS as opposed to actually learning the game!

It's the colouring and the mask, right? Thank you, I stuck the mask in the mouth and was like "oh, I have to use this" and...here we are!
Yes, the color scheme and the overall morphology of the head! Actually, there's more than one type of salamander species that actually takes its name from mesoamerican toponyms or Nauatl terms: the axolotl, for example, which, well you can just see the similarity for yourself!
Thank you, I stuck the mask in the mouth and was like "oh, I have to use this" and...here we are! Unfortunately I wouldn't be much competition in a lizard person tournament as all of my Calibur time was/is spent in CaS as opposed to actually learning the game!
Actually, I was talking about my jaguar and eagle guard designs here--though these are notably Aztec in derivation, not Mayan, and they are meant to be people in animal garb, not animal people. But that said, I do have a Lizardman-base shaman of my own, and ironically enough, it uses the same ExEq, albeit in a very different fashion.

Heavily inspired by Hindu deities, in Hindu religion, the colour blue is a symbol of the infinite and immeasurable, she was mainly inspired by the Goddess Kali and her name is Sati.

View attachment 92900
Another great design based on a real world cultural reference point, NZ. I like how you adopted an aquamarine color consistent with the antiquarian and classical representations of devi/bhagavati. Very cool to see some work in this vein, since both eastern religious thematics and Indian cultural imagery are areas that we don't see a lot of, when it comes to both the core SCVI experience and custom creation work in the community.

Last edited:
Another great design based on a real world cultural reference point, NZ. I like how you adopted an aquamarine color consistent with the antiquarian and classical representations of devi/bhagavati. Very cool to see some work in this vein, since both eastern religious thematics and Indian cultural imagery are areas that we don't see a lot of, when it comes to both the core SCVI experience and custom creation work in the community.
Thank you! Yes, Indian cultural imagery are definitely lacking in the CaS sphere. I do wonder if it's because of the controversy surrounding things like Symmetra's Overwatch skin being named Devi but taking heavy inspiration from Kali, creating consistency issues, or the Hindu deities in SMITE being portrayed as over sexualised and even pretty offensive? I do wonder if that's why people don't typically recreate Hindu imagery, though I tried my best to keep my portrayal respectful and didn't explicitly theme her after any single deity in particular, more "inspired by".

Thank you! Yes, Indian cultural imagery are definitely lacking in the CaS sphere. I do wonder if it's because of the controversy surrounding things like Symmetra's Overwatch skin being named Devi but taking heavy inspiration from Kali, creating consistency issues, or the Hindu deities in SMITE being portrayed as over sexualised and even pretty offensive? I do wonder if that's why people don't typically recreate Hindu imagery, though I tried my best to keep my portrayal respectful and didn't explicitly theme her after any single deity in particular, more "inspired by".
Part of it is surely just a matter of demographics and exposure: India is not a huge market for traditional gaming/console platform games, though that is slowly changing. So despite it's massive population, it just has an under-representation in game content, both in terms of that generated by developers themselves and user-generated content in those few games that support it these days. Actually, if you look at most historical designs in SC CaS content, they tend to eurocentric or east asian as a matter of either express reference or general aesthetic. In other words, there are a lot of real world historical cultures that get shortshrift, but most of those historical peoples just don't happen to be connected to one of the most populated nations in the modern world, which is what makes India stick out a little in this respect.

BTW, I have never seen this animated version of the White Snake saga, but I like those two designs, and if the reference photos are anything to judge by, you really made some good approximations here, especially in the second case!

I rediscover your MAGNIFICENT work and I appreciate all your cultural references or not. The whole is neat, rainbows of colors that dilate my pupils and above all a good skilful use of the Exek which greatly improves your creations. There is a desire for harmony through the amount of detail, through a subtle use of stickers that embellish your characters...I like this beautiful picture book of your imaginary creations, referenced...with a very heterogeneous bestiary that make me travel. Some of your creations are a MUST...Continue to make others benefit from your asserted talent...

The first character, whose reference escaped me, pleases me and is close to the original design.
For NEZHA, I particularly like the use of hats, especially associated with this pattern which gives relief.

BTW, I have never seen this animated version of the White Snake saga, but I like those two designs, and if the reference photos are anything to judge by, you really made some good approximations here, especially in the second case!

Thank you! I'd recommend both White Snake (2019) and Green Snake (2021) for the art alone, truly a feast for the eyes and the character design is wonderfully unusual, especially on the half human, half creature races.

I rediscover your MAGNIFICENT work and I appreciate all your cultural references or not. The whole is neat, rainbows of colors that dilate my pupils and above all a good skilful use of the Exek which greatly improves your creations. There is a desire for harmony through the amount of detail, through a subtle use of stickers that embellish your characters...I like this beautiful picture book of your imaginary creations, referenced...with a very heterogeneous bestiary that make me travel. Some of your creations are a MUST...Continue to make others benefit from your asserted talent...

The first character, whose reference escaped me, pleases me and is close to the original design.
For NEZHA, I particularly like the use of hats, especially associated with this pattern which gives relief.

Thank you for your kind words Durand! I very much appreciate the fact you mentioned that my work is heterogeneous and from all over the place, which is exactly what I'm attempting to go for as I love the variation and like to try and keep my CaS interesting and not repeat myself too much.
The hats were definitely the breakthrough moment of "ok, this will work for Nezha" as many Warframe designs present a very big challenge in re-creation terms!

I looked through your gallery yesterday and I really appreciate the many varied aesthetics you are going for, I left some likes and keep meaning to comment but sometimes this old website doesn't exactly scroll the fastest! I especially love how you use the ex eq to carve out completely unique head accessories and shapes for your characters silhouettes, really unique and stunning work!

And another OC, Noble, Funereal Sorceress Delphine:-

Delphine soul cal collage.jpg

And a quick screenshot of her negative space eyeliner:-

eyeliner.JPG

Make up is one of my favourite additions for adding subtle detail in CaS, and I always get a kick out of doing additions to it via sticker work to come up with something which adds to and alters the default options either subtly or vastly. =)

Back