The good old pirate is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
As happy as I am to know one of my favorite characters and mains has returned, the lack of a full or simply more pirate-y beard disappoints me.

I find it interesting that his profile says he beat the curse of Soul Edge...I wonder how he is going to act now that he is no longer obsessed with it. I am curious what his story is going to be. I can actually see him as being the foil to Ivy (who is now a villain) with him trying to cure/stop her. Assuming he is no longer an insane rat-bastard like usual. I don't know if they will completely change his personality but we've only ever really seen him as possessed/cursed by the sword so who knows. He just seems more jolly for some reason. maybe it's the beer?

Where does it state that Ivy is a villain?

Where does it state that Ivy is a villain?
it was a what if scenario.

however evidence towards her being a villain is in the information about the new stage Valentine's house or whatever it is. The description for this stage belongs to Ivy who is the alchemist for Holy Roman Emperor Rudolph (who Nightmare is ingratiated towards). She might not be a villain but this stage definitely leads one to question what side she is on. Is she willingly an alchemist for Rudolph or is she being forced...Ivy is not the type to be forced so my guess is that she is working with him willingly...hence she is bad since Nightmare (as Graf Dumas) is also working under Rudolph. could be wrong but this seems likely.

Predictable return, but satisfying. I am disappointed that they made Cervantes looks very faggy. He's supposed to be a ghost, and evil, and badass... now he resembles a flamingo fused with Tucan Sam. I hope his P2 outfit looks better.

Aside my first impressions on his revamped appearance, I hope he maintains to be a strong character. Though, I don't think I'll be making him a main character as I did in IV; since my first impressions are disappointment.

Predictable return, but satisfying. I am disappointed that they made Cervantes looks very faggy. He's supposed to be a ghost, and evil, and badass... now he resembles a flamingo fused with Tucan Sam. I hope his P2 outfit looks better.

Aside my first impressions on his revamped appearance, I hope he maintains to be a strong character. Though, I don't think I'll be making him a main character as I did in IV; since my first impressions are disappointment.

Yeah they really dropped the ball on costumes in this game, the whole thing seems so rushed.

It's alright guys, they got 60% of the game done in about 2 years, so they should be able to do a good job on the remaining 40% in the next three months or so...

Uh oh.

since he still has GDR he still has the supernatural thing going for him. The undead zombie pirate thing is going to be really hard to beat aesthetically.

I pretty much agree with the outfits and not only that he's still very beefy as if he took steroids, but I've got to say that he looks way better than the 1P version of him in SC4 and SC3.

Out of all the SC series I've remembered and played, I think SC2 Cervantes is the best looking of all (this of course applies to 1P).

SC2>SC5>SC3=SC4

It's reasuring see how he is a pirate again. Now I hope that he has in the weapon list a cutlass or a katana, I always thought his swords were too "big" and ungly.

He just needs color edition, but overall is a good design and I do like it, of course those who started on SCIV will bitch around, but I couldn't care less about comments from people that just started on the saga and now they think they are masters.

He just needs color edition, but overall is a good design and I do like it, of course those who started on SCIV will bitch around, but I couldn't care less about comments from people that just started on the saga and now they think they are masters.
Bingo

Honestly people can bitch as much they want but jump out from teh fucking halloween wagon was my first hope for him

Same for Sieg-Night-Asta, the chara design is just returning more normal and simple

GEO DA RAY
cervantes_natsu1-jpg.8218

All that matters.

I started on SC, and I think his outfit via SCV belongs on a drag queen.

lol at outfit opinions = level of mastery

I started on SE and is SCV needs improvement but is not a drag. Outfit opinion = level of knowledge of the saga.

I started on SE and is SCV needs improvement but is not a drag. Outfit opinion = level of knowledge of the saga.
I'm not as fond to light purple, and light shades of red, dashed in with a little pink and violet with some man-cleave as, I guess you, or a drag queen is. The dude looks more like the Berries in Cap'n Crunch rather than the Captain himself.

And outfit opinions = personal taste.
Placing well, consistently, throughout the game(s) = level of mastery/knowledge of game.

So relieved that they announced him. I love the design,the color scheme is questionable (reminds me of Sean Connery's character in Highlander, Ramirez), love the Lemmy beard, a different color scheme and he's golden IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back