The Joys of Playing Dress-Up in your 20's - Melonator's Museum of CaS

Melonator

[03] Disciple
Hi there! I love dressing up polygons.

LET'S GET RIGHT TO IT.

Lack of 2P costumes is a travesty. The silver lining here is that this just further incentivizes making costumes for the main cast! Here's some of what I've done so far.

TALIM 2P Costume
I knew I wanted something Filipino inspired for her 2P. I can't say that for the outfit overall, so I just turned to color scheme to show it. Very straightforward I'd say with the white, yellow, blue, and red.

vsYJ98X.jpg

Yida8it.jpg

TIRA 2P Costume
Raven bursting out of a cage aesthetic! Loosely inspired by SCIV's Ashlotte with the metal crinoline going on. For that, I used two of Voldo's mask in its largest possible sizes opposite to each other to form the crinoline-covered skirt. This is my favorite outfit overall and it makes me want to get good at playing her just for that reason.

ZLE4Q1t.jpg

LMS7Rro.jpg

XIANGHUA 2P Costume
My goal for Xianghua's 2P was to make a soldier uniform for her. Lotus-themed color scheme inspired by SC3 Xianghua's 1P and overall attire from SCIV's Xianglian.

t6o4bS4.jpg

LX6QyC8.jpg

- - -

OC Portion!

Selphia. She doesn't have a backstory yet (not really good with these). I'll get to it eventually though!

Worked with a Dancer archetype in mind and here's where we are now. I just wanted to make a bikini armor tbh hahah, jk
NRyWPVS.jpg

lTDs0jj.jpg

Thank you for the kind words, guys! :)

So, I guess I'll be doing alt costumes for all the female cast before I go on ahead with the male cast. Almost finished! (Having trouble with Ivy, but I already know that I want it to be Alchemist-themed).

SEONG MI-NA 2P Costume
I also went for a soldier-theme for Seong Mi-na. I just used the soldier template since it's already close to what I've envisioned. Just made tweaks here and there. Floral motif used to be consistent with her 1P. As you can tell by now, I'm a sucker for gradients lol.
urePp1g.jpg

aw2cy9p.jpg

SOPHITIA 2P Costume
I didn't really have anything in mind for Sophitia. Just wanted to make her look battle-ready and dainty while she stabs people,
CXWsD6m.jpg

8PLPfnS.jpg

TAKI 2P Costume
I love black and gold on Taki. Overall, this was inspired by Taki's SC2 2P and SC3 2P costumes.
avw2ULq.jpg

VMawNvt.jpg

Done with the female cast and finally moving on to the male cast. :)

IVY 2P Costume
Alchemist Ivy! Pretty plain-looking as of now, but I kinda dig it.
duddUJv.jpg

XgNA7Sb.jpg

KILIK 2P Costume
Yoshimitsu's chest piece is a good choice to armor up characters without them looking too bulky. Like so with Kilik here, who looks like he can still do his acrobatic moves in it with ease. Loosely based on Kilik's SCIV 2P outfit with the tiger theme going on. I was also slightly inspired by the Rajang armors from Monster Hunter.
NUnXOR7.jpg

rT0uP2K.jpg

MAXI 2P Costume
I was going for an armored-ninja look for Maxi and I think it looks pretty rad on him.
ZNPaQu5.jpg

q6jIQip.jpg

Beautiful 2Ps here. The blue/red talon is especially stunning. Kilik's tiger armor is badass too. Great use of the halos for armbands. Bikini armor Sophie looks good too. If you want to personalize her design a bit more, it's the easiest thing in the world to add custom abdominal armor using (multiple) ExEq. Anything that can be made to go straight down like the gun, voldo chin, flattened horns, even bat wings if you want a challenge. Bonus for female characters is that the breasts and the Taki armor help cover up any awkward seams or clipping with ExEq. Good luck!

Beautiful 2Ps here. The blue/red talon is especially stunning. Kilik's tiger armor is badass too. Great use of the halos for armbands. Bikini armor Sophie looks good too. If you want to personalize her design a bit more, it's the easiest thing in the world to add custom abdominal armor using (multiple) ExEq. Anything that can be made to go straight down like the gun, voldo chin, flattened horns, even bat wings if you want a challenge. Bonus for female characters is that the breasts and the Taki armor help cover up any awkward seams or clipping with ExEq. Good luck!

I was definitely feeling she needed something for her midriff. I'll see what I can come up with for her in the near future. Thank you very much for the advice! Will keep this in mind when creating more CaS.

Anyways, here's some more 2P's, heheh.

SIEGFRIED 2P Costume
The Misguided Champion.
It was tempting to just do a recreation of his SC3 2P because it was just so good. In the end, the design still influenced me with the patterns and all. I had Yhorm the Giant (Dark Souls III) in mind when creating the chainmail coif + crown combo. It's perhaps the most interesting piece in this look. It was fun maneuvering the mask to hide the spike lol.
f0LE45T.jpg

31RbC2m.jpg

VOLDO 2P Costume
Inspired by his 2P for SC3 and SC5. Was always a fan of his contrasting looks/themes in one,
YI7hKgd.jpg

Nzv9meC.jpg

EDIT: I wanted to give the two sides more distinction, a more asymmetrical look. Pretty much took the same route as with the SC3 2P attire, with the moon side with feminine features, and the sun side with masculine features.

VOLDO 2P Costume (Ver, 2)
PYbyVNA.jpg

MClJAUz.jpg

Last edited:
chainmail coiffe and crown, brilliant ! Rest of your stuff is good too, Voldo two face especially : may i suggest you crop your pics (remove part of the background) because details are harder to spot from afar...i decided to not do likes anymore since like are an excuse/cover-up for not replying commenting :)

Took @VILARCANE 's advice and cropped my pics :)

NIGHTMARE 2P Costume
I wanted his 2P to have some semblance with my Siegfried's 2P as seen with the familiar headpiece. Only now he has a crown of thorns, befitting of his corrupted form.
lPslrhV.png

dzJrDDW.png

RAPHAEL 2P Costume
Fancy Raphael. Nothing special, just went for something that looks like he'd wear. I should probably place a black ring around his arm so that the pauldron wouldn't look like it's just floating there.
yUtzyKC.png
lOvNLm0.png

MITSURUGI 2P Costume
Ragged samurai with an ocean theme. Color scheme ripped from Mitsurugi's COLOR 2.
DL6TpCs.png

6iJrSHt.png

much better cropped, now i can see the coiffe and give you some advice : instead of using the (presumable) square grid pattern, use the scale pattern, mini size, and rotate until you get the desired chainmail effect, probably looks a tad better i'd guess :)

much better cropped, now i can see the coiffe and give you some advice : instead of using the (presumable) square grid pattern, use the scale pattern, mini size, and rotate until you get the desired chainmail effect, probably looks a tad better i'd guess :)
Thanks! I actually did used the scale pattern for the coifs. I think it's clearer on Siegfried's if I cropped his pic. However, I think I didn't change the angle of the scales which maybe why it looks a bit off. I should probably provide close ups next time if there are any interesting details to note. Thank you again!

Almost done ;u;

ASTAROTH 2P Costume
I was going for a bloodied, worn-down, armored giant look. Dirt stickers and the camouflage prints are good to simulate rust on armor and I had fun playing around with them. For the blood on the slit skirt, I used the ink wash painting sticker. I will probably add some stains as well in the scarf since it's too pristine-looking.
ZQ9sbjK.png

MWHKm9T.png

MMufJxj.png

CERVANTES 2P Costume
Cthulhu-inspired. So basically, I thought that that gauntlet piece looked like a squid and I just started working from there lol.
V2Gx5hq.png

xmesddg.png

doMOcX6.png

GROH 2P Costume
Heavily inspired by the Assassin Cross class in Ragnarok Online.
Lmcqpog.png

eGnlUaa.png

- - -

RAPHAEL 2P EDITS
Just minor edits. Added the strap for the Destiny Pauldron. Added a pattern in the upper portion of the jacket. Tweaked the "textures" in the belt+skirt thingy. Oh and also a black lining was added at the ends of the skirt.
VvEXEIV.png

KYSKvSZ.png

Last edited:
I never would have thought to use Maxi's hair for Raphael but it suits him very well! I really loved the marriage of the Nightmare SCII 2P and SCV 2P designs in your Nightmare 2P. I might suggest adding some rust or blood to Astaroth with the lipstick smudge sticker or with that pattern on his axe.

I simply have no words for these alts of yours, they all look so fantastic, my favorites include Taki, Kilik, Maxi, Talim, Knight of Mare, Raph, Cervy and Asta.
Also, a bit surprised that no one commented on Astaroth looking like a Dark Souls boss hahaha! :P

Finally done with the whole roster! Now I can move on with recreations and original CaS's for the next batches (unless I feel the need to edit some 2P's, heheh). Also again, thank you very much for your comments and suggestions. I really do appreciate it. :)

Without further ado, here's the last set of characters.

AZWEL 2P Costume
LEADER OF HUMANITY.
yMii1H6.png

ePVA8G2.png

YOSHIMITSU 2P Costume
Blue flame theme.
dzLXuZv.png

4PXjRq3.png

ZASALAMEL 2P Costume (EDITED)
Reaper theme. When in doubt, use Western 18 to make your clothes look snazzy.
Loosely inspired by his 2P in SCIV.

EDIT: We have a case of floaties, specifically the allegiance gauntlets! Added a halo ring band to the arms.
wnqOK3d.png

draiE7J.png

- - -

I also took suggestions of @Alexandra and applied it in dirtying up Astaroth's scarf. I tried the pattern on the axe for a bloodied scarf, but it looked too spotty; I wanted a more smudgy effect. Just went and used Basic 1 gradient instead to dirty up the scarf first. Resorted to stickers for adding blood and I followed your suggestion and used the lipstick smudge sticker. It came out pretty nicely, thank you!

gRwLDFO.png

Last edited:
Guys, I think we have the succesor of @FreeMeal here, in regards to recreating accurately characters from various media (if Free ever decides to step down)! My goodness, all 3 look SO close to the originals, the accuracy is uncanny!! Bravo friend, amazing work :D

Back