The Mighty Voldo's Worst Moves

BalancedChaos

[09] Warrior
Well.. well... well...

Voldo hasnt got many bad moves but lets get a list.

88,22 A+B (WHY?!)
A+K without direction (WHY?!)
BS 4K (looks the schit, stuns, but i never use it)
BS WR K
4A+B (damaging but way to risky)

Anymore?

BOY BETTER KNOW.

88,22 A+B (WHY?!)

Worst move in the entire game, without question.

A+K without direction (WHY?!)

This isn't that bad. Check out the A+K evades topic.

BS 44K

What's wrong with this move? I've seen plenty of good Voldo matches where this move was successful. Decent low. I use it sometimes

BS WR K

Doesn't this TJ? I think it's not bad on block either.

4A+B (damaging but way to risky)

...? What was this? I know 44A+B....but not this.

Sorry not 44k(thats a good low true) i meant 4k i think.. its a high kick, kinda like a roundhouse. It stuns, but i find it is useless.

The simple A+K evade is terrible. The directional options are fine and dandy.

BS WR K wiffs, has awful range, and there are better options in my opinion.. I never use it.

4A+B is the death rose, only ever good to finish with. Wouldnt work offline.

Drunken Ramblings

BS WS K is -2 on block and its got really good recovery so usually people will give you more time then that to get in there... try like a 236K 6A,B hit confirm if your opponent its going to trade with 15 frame moves if done perfectly but none of them are going to hurt you too bad on most characters and youll be left in BT with i11 A's so interrupts are easily accomplished if the dude doesnt want to frame trap you to death. The trick to using WS K is to train your opponent to stand there ducking first... like when hes so stuck hes going to stand there and guess a guard... and since the recovery is good even if he ducks it your not in too bad of a situation where you cant try for like a BT throw for the sidestep... that sidestep is badass it feels to me like sisters B+K without the jumping

4K,A RO OVER low walls... priceless

You guys need to stop worrying about picking the moves that have the highest probability to hit and work on putting your opponents into situations where they think they have an answer and then taking that away from them... but you guys need to level up a bit before your there... try to just worry more about how to counter what your opponent is using and not just play voldo on rails like alot of people. Myself included until like a month ago or so.

Like just take your head out of the box and think it from the other side in. Like when you see how someone tries to problem solve out in game you only need to see that next path and counter it and people will vary their defenses for different things and different reasons. People adapt at different rates like one thing that separates the people in top 5 from the people in top 15 at a major is the speed at which you adapt. Like some people like jasonl and some of the koreans, steve h of old used to adapt on the spot like a pro... where the first time you get hit with something that has a way out of it you adapt and the next time you see the setup you change and punish. Your average player who isnt trash will see it the first time and then the second time works again but that third time hes going to tech properly or time the interupt properly or whatever you may try to do to throw the opponents game off. You need to be wary of your own tricks and then you will see the players who will give you the most trouble and you need to be able to tackle that style.

Oh and for people who are trying to level up and you know your going in as the underdog you need to practice your execution... there is nothing as scary as someone who looks like they dont miss any damage and have tight wakeup... this is all from practice in any form because that muscle memory holds true as long as you dont get tourney shakes

Im getting confused... its not BS 4K

Its a roundhouse type kick in BS... hits high, stuns... is it BS 6K? Anyway its pants!

Lol true BS 6K A is the muts nuts. :D

On accident I do BS WR K ~ And since it tech jumps, has a nice early tech crouch frame ~ it usually hits, KD on CH So it's not so bad =)

I believe 11_77 B,B,B,K or the mixups are pretty damn useless.

-Manta-

88,22 A+B - For the lulz... that and he needs the practice for his upcoming play, "The Three Frisky-Tiers" (yeah, I know, bad joke)

A+K with no direction - Same as above.

BS 44K - It's okay... personally, I use this move when both me and my opponents healths are low and when I haven't used this move at all during the round.

BS WR K - It's meh for me.

4A+B - Yeah, I tend to stay away from punishable moves, even with Voldo... but I'll do this if I'm desperate or crazy... or both.

22_88A+B I agree is very bad, same with A+K.

BS 6K would be good if it wasn't a high, but it is a high. Still, though, it combos into BS 2K on hit, which isn't terrible.

BS WR K is a tech jump, and only -2 on block. It's actually a pretty good move, just very situational.

4A+B is not bad at all. It is unsafe to throw out from standing, I agree, but directional moves like 4A+B can be performed from OTG. Which, 4A+B from OTG can punish a lot of characters' wakeup game.

bs 4k ??? i love that move w/ the A Bs4KA is great especially since alot of ppl r usin voldo now and expect me to rape lows

I'm sure you meant BS 6K... it's meant to interrupt, and there are some nasty tech traps off it...
A+K is good at the end of the opponent's combo string, unless it's an uniterruptable string... it can really only be punished by 2A, or talim's 1B etc, it puts you at -14 in FC, ussually its a "what the hell" moment too...
4A+B tech traps off a couple moves after you teach them to get up, but its -9 on hit, so if they aren't blocking after they get hit then they're either mashing or they know what to do about death rose... did not know it could be done from OTG...
BS WR K at least gives advantage... if it was mid it would see more use, and I'm not sure but I think it tech traps off something unless I'm thinking of BCR K (which gives KND on Hit and CH)...
BS 7A at least tech jumps and its useful for teleport moves in a way...
I think The-Instigator explains 22/88 A+B the best, lame joke and all, its horrible but can dodge complete vertical strings, so it has 1 use, and until we figure out the mystery behind "mystery dance" we'll never know if it has another...

I think that A+K is really good, like if an unblockable is coming and you can't dodge it^^

88_22A+B and A+K are awesome moves simply to just taunt the opponent... I have dodged some moves with 88_22 A+B and just start laughing my ass off because half the time i never try to do it on purpose..

On accident I do BS WR K ~ And since it tech jumps, has a nice early tech crouch frame ~ it usually hits, KD on CH So it's not so bad =)

I believe 11_77 B,B,B,K or the mixups are pretty damn useless.

-Manta-

Ive found that 11_77 B,K is only of any use at a really far distance to throw people off. It reaches really far and I'd say it does have a successful hit rate if given the right circumstances.

SC3 22_88A+B was awesome since you could do both normal and BS attacks from it. I think they just forgot to make it cancelable in SC4.

BCR K isn't bad, it's -2 on grd so BS AA is i13, and it TC's and TJ's during the animation...
44A+K is bad, but it at least has a use on Yoshimitsu...

Back