The Mimic Question

Mimics?

• Yes

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
Elysium is still the most ambitious mimic we've had next to Inferno from SoulCalibur I-II (though it wasn't playable in SoulCalibur II) because of its modified moveset of Pyrrha Omega having a different playstyle, along with it having a unique Critical Edge that had unique applications replacing the various other Critical Edges of female styles. If we took this idea even further, with Inferno having unique moves regardless of the style being mimicked, as well as having the unique Critical Edge like Elysium, and modified moveset properties of every style instead of just the one, well, the mimic would be a lot more interesting. It would be like the Evil Seed Kilik form except for everyone, kind of a nod like in SoulCalibur II having every character, regardless of their standing, having a Soul Edge (Complete) weapon.

Bad because he, like everyone else is just salty about her and the other mimics. Yes, its true that the number of mimics in SC5 was excessive, but people just make way too much drama about it, as excessive as the number of mimics they complain about.

Bad because he, like everyone else is just salty about her and the other mimics. Yes, its true that the number of mimics in SC5 was excessive, but people just make way too much drama about it, as excessive as the number of mimics they complain about.
Not sure which character you like the most but imagine getting a mimic instead of that character and then instead of your two follow ups you get more mimics. We will never forget and neither should they.

Not sure which character you like the most but imagine getting a mimic instead of that character and then instead of your two follow ups you get more mimics. We will never forget and neither should they.
The game was rushed and they've lost some of their data due to the earthquake. SC5 mimics didn't replace any of the characters, if there were no mimics in SC5, the roster would have simply been 3 slots shorter, that's it.

The game was rushed and they've lost some of their data due to the earthquake. SC5 mimics didn't replace any of the characters, if there were no mimics in SC5, the roster would have simply been 3 slots shorter, that's it.
All the mimics did was put emphasis on how much they screwed us, the game, and the franchise by choosing to rush it our rather than delay it and put out a whole game. There is absolutely no reason you should defending 5 and what happened with it.

I dunno if I would call saying what happened "defending" it, per se. It's pretty obvious that Kilik is woefully unfinished, and it could be argued that Elysium is unfinished as well, lacking other modified styles beyond Pyrrha Omega. It was still easier to include mimics to pad the roster than to leave it any more incomplete. Imagine if Kilik was just Xiba with one extra move and a unique taunt or if Elysium was just always modified Pyrrha Omega. It would be worse.

All the mimics did was put emphasis on how much they screwed us, the game, and the franchise by choosing to rush it our rather than delay it and put out a whole game. There is absolutely no reason you should defending 5 and what happened with it.
I'm not defending 5. I'm just saying cutting a mimic from a game won't magically materialize a unique character on their place from thin air.
Even though 5 abused the concept of a mimic character, it is illogical to suddenly hate an idea of a mimic in 6 because of it. 5 abused a lot of good things for that matter.

Back