The Mysterious New Character (LoS Boss?)

Soul

Valide Kösem Sultan
oswald.jpg

I figured this guy needed his own thread. So who do you think he is?

Here's why i think he IS Groh's father:
1)Color Scheme
2)Looks like Groh plays a huge part is this story too, and we've been told he has daddy issues.
3) He looks old enough to be his father. Sure he's supposedly Indian but he could've adopted him.
4) If he isn't then we'd have 3 new characters who are all males. Yea, doesn't seem likely. Especially after Kayane's tweets regarding a new female character.

Azwel.jpg

I really like his design. I love it, actually. Even though face-wise, he does remind me of Cervantes for some reason.

And it looks like he can use telekinesis?
Azwel2.jpg

1534979831264.png

He looks even better after an armor-break:
1534979795945.png

1534979753315.png

Thoughts?

He looks very Shang Tsung like.

He could be this Aswel/Oswald character that's been talked about. There's not much reason to put him in the main game if he's not. Having him be the boss of this mode allows them to use it to show his character/personality off, as well as give his backstory.

I hope you have other bosses in the Libra of Soul, like Chronicles of the Sword. Some bonus characters would be cool.

It would be stupid to reveal the boss two months before the game's release.

Without the armor it's actually Vamp from MGS2 I'm thinking it's just a new guest character Kappa

Azwel(Groh's Papi) because Vergeben has been saying he's a boss. Azwel looks like a boss for 4 reasons.
1.) Azwel's hands are similar to Algol with the power of Soul Edge & Soulcalibur in his hands.
2.) Your CaS protagnist fights him in Astral Chaos.
3.) His name is 5 letters long and begins with the letter A.(Abyss, Algol, & Azwel)
4.) Libra of Souls may focus on Groh & Azwel the most.

I remember Okubo say Groh will be an important character in SCVI

2018-08-22_1956.png

I hope you have other bosses in the Libra of Soul, like Chronicles of the Sword. Some bonus characters would be cool.

It would be stupid to reveal the boss two months before the game's release.
I agree with this, but with them saying that we would be fighting against other people's characters, I feel like what we're gonna end up with is a hybridization of Quick Battle with Weapon Master, for the most part, and then have this guy be the final boss. There may be preprogrammed mid bosses inbetween, but I'm not expecting anything to the degree of kingdoms like Chronicles of the Sword. We'll see.

But I do think that he is Grøh's father, because too much about him lines up for it not to be. The question I have, though, is if he will also appear in Soul Chronicle, or if he will be exclusive to Libra of Souls. The opening tagline to Libra of Souls suggests that it is a non-canon adventure, I think, saying that the tale would be "one that will not be written in history books," so, it either means that, or that perhaps that this is buried history, that we'll see him in Soul Chronicle, but not get an explanation for him, and have to play Libra of Souls to get that side of him.

The question on everyone's mind is now, "Is he CaS-able?"

I expect his style to NOT be CaS-able since we couldn't make custom Algols. That is the only basis, though, so let's hope I'm wrong.

View attachment 50474

I figured this guy needed his own thread. So who do you think he is?

Here's why i think he IS Groh's father:
1)Color Scheme
2)Looks like Groh plays a huge part is this story too, and we've been told he has daddy issues.
3) He looks old enough to be his father. Sure he's supposedly Indian but he could've adopted him.
4) If he isn't then we'd have 3 new characters who are all males. Yea, doesn't seem likely. Especially after Kayane's tweets regarding a new female character.

View attachment 50475

I really like his design. I love it, actually. Even though face-wise, he does remind me of Cervantes for some reason.

And it looks like he can use telekinesis?
View attachment 50476
View attachment 50480

He looks even better after an armor-break:
View attachment 50479
View attachment 50477

Thoughts?
He has the millenium necklace so I think he is from egypt

Azwel has Algol's 4B, Algol's 6AA, but the attack animations are in reverse, & Algol's 44B in the trailer.

Not a big fan of algol/necrid type characters
Not a big fan of these type of characters either but Necrid isn't too bad. He isn't as over the top as Algol and Azwel in terms of flashiness.

I do prefer for SoulCalibur to create more characters based on actual weapons, cultures, and martial arts instead of fantasy and magic though. Magic and fantasy should be more for aesthetics rather than the mechanics or dynamics of the game.

Not a big fan of these type of characters either but Necrid isn't too bad. He isn't as over the top as Algol and Azwel in terms of flashiness.

I do prefer for SoulCalibur to create more characters based on actual weapons, cultures, and martial arts instead of fantasy and magic though. Magic and fantasy should be more for aesthetics rather than the mechanics or dynamics of the game.
I agree, but with CaS in the game, one token Mage is not to bad and can be kinda cool as it allows for people to create mage type characters. If he's not CaSable he's worthless though.

Back