The One True SCV Tier List/Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPartisan

Holy Moly
In the past there has typically been a demand around the forums to have tier discussions of some sort where members would post their personal lists (usually outrageous) and sometimes explain their reasoning. As most of us have seen, things tend to get out of hand after some time and less game discussion happens while bashing of opinions and sometimes personal insults start taking place.

I've been encouraged recently to start up another discussion so I figured it wouldn't be too bad if things were properly moderated and posts were kept in line.

The goal of this thread will be to get some productive SCV related talk happening and to bring in opinions from various regions and player types. I personally think the discussion will be interesting, so I'd like to give this type of thing another shot.

That said I will lay out some basic rules to keep things in line as the thread (hopefully) builds up:

1.) If you are going to post something regarding a character or another post, give an explanation so you aren't just making a blank statement.

Example:

Kilik is bad.

Kilik is bad because _____ (THOROUGH GAMEPLAY REASONS)

2.) If you are going to argue someone's opinion on something they post, explain your own reasons. Simply disagreeing and saying nothing as to why is basically pointless and contributes nothing to the conversation.

Example:

Player A: I believe EdgeMaster has really strong tools all around but struggles with spacing.

Player B: No.

Player A: I believe EdgeMaster has really strong tools all around but struggles with spacing.

Player B: I don't agree with that. I personally think his tools are weaker compared to X,Y and Z and here's why...

3.) The point of this thread (as previously stated) is to spark productive and thoughtful discussion about our game. If you hate tier lists or have a vendetta against certain people's opinions, just stay away from the topic. It's that simple.

4.) Any personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Friendly banter is fine, but keep it to a minimum.

5.) When posting a your own tier list, be sure to format it properly so that it makes sense to other people.

Example:

X: Elysium
B: EdgeMaster
7: Kilik
Party Hat: Yoda

S: Elysium
A: EdgeMaster
B: Kilik
C: Yoda

*I would recommend sticking to a SS, S, A, B, C, D, etc... tier system as it is easy to understand and most FG players know what it means.*

Please follow these basic rules if you wish to participate in this thread. FAILURE TO COMPLY (muahahahaha) will result in post deletion or possibly an infraction. Nobody wants that, so let's stay cool in here and just have good discussion.

Now that I am done sounding like a corrupt authority figure trying to keep the people down...

Feel free to post your personal tier lists to start some conversation

I encourage active players to contribute as much as possible. Even if you aren't sure of your ideas, you may find that someone corrects one of your misconceptions or lets you know of something previously unknown.

Have fun and let the discussion begin!

Let us keep this as serious as possible people! I'd really like to see what people really think. Also this WILL remain civil. Anything that does not follow the rules as stated will be deleted and fuck it, let's infract anyone who wants to start trouble for the sake of it. We've all seen how this shit goes before so lets surprise everyone and actually make this thread worth while. We've had an influx of new people who probably would really like to see what's going on in this game. Everyone's opinions count just know that some will count more than others. Now lets see what y'all have to say.

P.S.
No More of what Jimbo did. I'm leaving that there as an example of WHAT NOT to post here. Thank you. LOL

• Admin
Would love to hear from a bunch of players if they are willing to share their thoughts. So bear with me as I tag too many people:

@Xeph
@LostProvidence
@Signia
@Hates
@Reptile
@Hawkeye
@IRM
@Jimbonator (Told me he would as soon as he's not on a phone)
@JJJ
@kAb
@Thermidor
@Ramon
@Ring
@ZeroEffect317
@Alex.J
@Woahhzz
@Kalas
@Party Wolf
@Asodimazze
@Age_of_Truth
@DeathInMyEyes
@oosaka
@lolo
@crna_ruka
@Maxou
@Raziel
@thugish_pond
@Rufus
@MTfighter
@WolfLoneThe
@Hyunmu
@Seungcheul
@KrayzieCD
@JAGTHEGEMINI

Probably forget a ton of names, but don't let that stop you from just posting!

Last edited:
  • Admin
I'LL DUST OFF MY SECRET-UNTIL-NOW LIST JUST FOR THE OCCASION:

S: Viola, aPatroklos

A: Pyrrha, Cervantes*, Mitsurugi, Patroklos, Pyrrha O, Natsu, Tira, Algol*

B: Astaroth, Ezio, Siegfried, Hilde, Aeon, Ivy, Leixia, Yoshimitsu*, Maxi, Nightmare, Voldo, Xiba, Raphael, Dampierre

B-: Z.W.E.I

* = Could possibly be placed higher or lower OR characters I'm not as familiar with and only have basic impressions of.

Names are in no particular order in each tier.

Feel free to tell me I'm wrong or ask about certain placements. Keep in mind the name each tier is given, the gaps aren't so huge imho.

Last edited:
Probably cause unlike most people, he's played people that can actually make these characters work.
But this is a tier list. Placing character on a tier due to their skill set. Not the skill set of the player or the character's own personal Match Ups (although those should be taken into account). In my opinion just as an example, Asta does better against most of the cast than either Raph or Damp, he has better tools for his game that causes damage, and he has an easier time dealing out that damage.

Haven't played this game in 2 months but from what I remember, my personal tier list used to be something like this:
S: aPat, Cervy
A: Pyrrha, Rugi, Viola, Pat, Algol
B: Tira, Omega, Natsu, Asta, Aeon
C: Nm, Ivy, Voldo, Yoshi, Hilde
D: Maxi, Leixia, Xiba, Ezio, Sieg, Raph
E: ZWEI, Damp

Top: aPat Viola Pyrrha

High: Rugi Natsu Algol Cervy

High Mid: Oprah Maxi Voldo Pat

Mid: Xiba Ezio Leixia Ivy Aeon Tira(Only cause of Jolly)

Low Mid: Sieg Nightmare Yoshi Asta

Low: Damp ZWEI Raph.
Haven't played this game in 2 months but from what I remember, my personal tier list used to be in my anus and went something like this:
A: Pyrrha, Rugi, Viola, Pat, Algol
B: Tira, Omega, Natsu, Asta, Aeon
C: Nm, Ivy, Voldo, Yoshi, Hilde
D: Maxi, Leixia, Xiba, Ezio, Sieg, Raph
E: ZWEI, Damp

Asta is too slow to do anything against most of the cast. Even with JGs he can only really 4B or 2K most things.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ultra super secret epic top-secret tier list:

Names are in no particular order.

SS Tier: Viola

S Tier: Alpha Patroklos, Cervantes, Pyrrha, Mitsurugi

A: Patroklos, Ezio, P Omega, Algol, Natsu, Yoshimitsu,

B+: Voldo, Nightmare, Tira, Maxi, Aeon

B: Astaroth, Siegfried, Hilde, Ivy, Leixia, Xiba, Raphael,

B-: Z.W.E.I, Dampierre

I believe no character in this game has any "un-winnable" match-ups but some characters have a harder time winning than others.

@SCPartisan
Why would you put Raph and Dampierre on the same level as Hilde, Sieg, Nightmare and most notably in my opinion Asta?

I put those character on the same level for a few reasons.

Looking at Raph first...

His movelist allows him to be a fairly strong/fast poker at range as well as up close. Comparing that to characters like Siegfried and Nightmare (who definitely have the range but lack the speed and the utility of some of Raph's movelist) he can get in and out of range very easily and seems to be comfortable in all of them. If he's being spaced out, he can get in with what I would consider minimal risk (66B, 236B, 66A or just good movement) and if he needs to space or create some breathing room from opponents he has plenty of evasive tools with 44B, 4B, 44K, 22_88B or just moving backwards after blocking something or landing a hit.

IMO, Raph has to stay on top of things to keep up with damage but given his tools he can chip away constantly at the opponent's life bar and can really annoy/force them into impatient mistakes with his strong throw game and decent lows (33_99B, 11K and 2K). I'm not a Raph player myself, but from those I've played I definitely see Raph standing among characters like NM, Sieg and Hilde.

Perhaps @Jimbonator or @Reptile can post up how they feel he compares to those characters as well as they both play differently yet effectively with the character imo.

As for Damp...

I do think of him as one of the weaker character in the "B tier" I listed but he does have some tools that make him a competitor for sure.

Overall, I think his game plan can be fairly linear but his basic tools are good enough to cover that to a degree. He has some high risk high reward situations with things like 11_77B (extremely evasive but unsafe launcher)~ B!E! (Bravo Encore/JF kicks) ~ 4B and things like CE but once he lands one big hit he can definitely play very basic/safe to poke out the rest of your lifebar. He can also score comparable damage to 11B combo off of 623B which is close to neutral on block and catches back step while TCing very easily. Only downfall with this move is that it occasionally triggers one of his stances and the move will not come out (though he is fairly safe when this happens).

Since this is another character I have no experience playing as myself I can't get too detailed about other tools but I can talk about some of his standard tools. His BB, AA and 2K as well as a few other tools are at least average and allow him to play a very honest game when he isn't fishing for huge damage. He may not excel here, but some of these moves coupled with strong movement means that he can be somewhat threatening. Besides all that I've mentioned so far, his RO game is pretty decent with two (maybe more?) RO throws, 623KKKK series and safe options like 3K (mid kick) that will score a RO on NH.

So yeah... Not the greatest character but because of his high damage potential, fairly safe game and strong movement I think he can definitely compete among the "B tier" cast.

Hopefully this answers your question!

Edit: In regards to Asta:

I don't necessarily think they would be better than Asta overall but due to his nature they may have certain MUs that they fair better than him in. With Damp's strong TC/evasion game he might even be somewhat problematic for Asta...especially considering his weaker punishment game. It's hard to say for sure but I think that if you looked at all of their matchups with the whole cast, they might be pretty close in how many good/bad ones they have all around.

10,000+ games online led to this Kappa

A: Viola, Algol, Mr. Roogi, Pyrrah, Natsu, Pat

B+: Oprah, Asta, Voldo

B: NM, Sieg, Ezio, Yoshi, Tira, Xiba, Aeon, Maxi, Hilde, Ivy, Lexia, Raph

B-: ZWEI, Damp

Last edited:
S: Viola,

A: aPatroklos, Pyrrha, Cervantes, Mitsurugi, Patroklos, Pyrrha O, Natsu, Tira, Hilde

B: Astaroth, Ezio, Siegfried, Aeon, Ivy, Algol, Leixia, Yoshimitsu, Maxi, Nightmare, Voldo, Xiba, Raphael, Dampierre

B-: Z.W.E.I

SS: Viola, aPatroklos
S: Pyrrha, Cervantes, Natsu, Algol
A:Mitsurugi, Patroklos, Pyrrha O, Yoshimitsu*, Maxi,
A-: Hilde, Aeon, Ivy, Voldo, Tira,
B: Astaroth, Nightmare, Xiba, Ezio, Leixia, Siegfried
B-: Dampierre, Raphael,
C: Z.W.E.I

Just my two cents in no particular order within each tier.

Can someone explain what SS means? I figured S = top or god tier and A = high tier. Does SS = broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back