The Pyrrha Whiff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasercakes

[12] Conqueror
I've noticed a lot of punishment whiffs that I've felt should have landed. I know I could probably just post this stuff in one of the other threads, but I feel like this deserves a little bit more attention. I don't believe the developers intented inconsistency with punishments, so if this gets seen, maybe they can be fixed.

I have seen quite a few whiffs with both 236B and super, but I've only now begun to investigate them so I only have one to add at the moment. But I will add more inconsistencies as I find them.

So here it is, with Patroklos step in the direction of 3, pushing against Pyrrha and 236B. She will stab to his left. I can make this miss almost every time, but I can't get it to miss with Omega. I suspect it happens because the move pushes uniquely pushes into Pyrrha's hit box. And because of this I can't get this to happen when her back is up against a ledge or a wall.

There's one other thing that I remember distinctly and that I haven't investigated properly yet. Alpha whiffing super seems to fuck with the tracking on Pyrrha's super as well. I will have to look further into it tomorrow.

Just a theory, but maybe holding G while doing 236 motion affects it? Did you try doing 236 without holding G at all?

Because, like her mother in previous iterations, G236 does this low crouch angel step that ducks some mids. Maybe that animation makes it whiff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back