Votes: 10 38.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • NO

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

IAdoreBunnies

[10] Knight
IT OCCURED TO ME THAT NOT ENOUGH OF US SHOW ENOUGH RAGE AFTER LOSING AT A TOURNAMENT. WE SIMPLY BOW OUT ALL RESPECTFULLY WHILE HOLDING EVERYTHING IN LIKE A WUSSY. IT'S TIME THIS CHANGED. MANY OF US MAKE SACRIFICES TO BE AT TOURNEYS AND WE MAKE THEM TO *WIN*. WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS SALT IN ALL OF OUR HEARTS WHEN WE WALK AWAY WITH LESS THAN 1ST PLACE. IF YOU FEEL LIKE SLAMMING YOUR CONTROLLER AFTER LOSING, THEN SMASH THAT SHIT. IF YOU WANT TO THROW A CHAIR ACROSS THE ROOM, TELL EVERYBODY TO MOVE THE **** BACK. AS A COMMUNITY, WE SHOULD SUPPORT SALT, AND SALTY REACTIONS ONLY INDICATE A HEALTHY AND COMPETITIVE MINDSET. HAVING SAID THAT, I EXPECT TO SEE A LOT OF SALT AT NEC. LET'S BREAK SOMETHING. THE MORE SALT, THE BETTER.

ALSO, LET'S MAKE THIS THREAD A COLLECTION OF SALTY MOMENTS CAUGHT ON VIDEO.

ignorance

Come on now. The FGC is the FGC. When people get to a certain point in their game and skill level there is a level of ...professionalism? I guess would be a decent word, to describe how people act during a tournament, people get hype and get into people's faces and heated and shit even breaks. I don't think you really comprehend how offline tournaments work. People don't (rarely, rather) do this at tournaments is because 1) They get kicked out of the venue. and more importantly, 2) Your ass gets made fun of forever by a large group of people. Where do you think "MAHVEL BABY" and stuff like that comes from? I get pissed at this damn game but i know better than to break equipment and shit and harm people. Christ.

THAT WAS SOME SALTY SHIT! I HOPE NEC IS EVEN SALTIER! ALSO, IF ANYONE HAS ANY SALTY CONFESSIONS, FEEL FREE TO CONFESS ON THIS THREAD. IM SURE WE ALL HAVE AT LEAST ONE STORY.

Come on now. The FGC is the FGC. When people get to a certain point in their game and skill level there is a level of ...professionalism? I guess would be a decent word, to describe how people act during a tournament, people get hype and get into people's faces and heated and shit even breaks. I don't think you really comprehend how offline tournaments work. People don't (rarely, rather) do this at tournaments is because 1) They get kicked out of the venue. and more importantly, 2) Your ass gets made fun of forever by a large group of people. Where do you think "MAHVEL BABY" and stuff like that comes from? I get pissed at this damn game but i know better than to break equipment and shit and harm people. Christ.
That, and most people are really just there to play a game. Going full stupid doesn't somehow mitigate your loss. Just makes it look pathetic.

I'm a good sport, really... I only win about a third of my matches. I don't get upset, I don't rage quit, I don't send hatemail. I just go to training mode to find ways to get better. If you lose at a tournament, oh well... Just accept your loss, go home, hone your skills, and try again next year. Unleashing your anger is not worth embarrassing yourself in front of a large crowd of people.

Having said that, here's more salt!

There's little to no difference many times with offline players vs online players. You've got respectful awesome offline players like Enkindu who are both respectful online and offline. Then you have people like OffBeat Ninja who make bios boasting about how they won offline tournaments and "I'm the greatest Ein player since 2007!" he'll freak out and send you hate mail unless you give him an insta-rematch after winning.

It all comes down to the players personality, but I voted "No" because I don't like seeing people getting salty over video games.... =P It's such a pointless endeavor getting upset over video games in general and flipping out because nobody 10 years from now will care who won, nobody will remember how they lost, nobody will probably remember the fight.

^ LOL I love how he keeps rushing back to the same point over and over getting killed then complains about campers! Then stop running into the kill box and go around!!!! xD

I expected more from you IAB.

People offline will not give in to rage, playing at tournaments implies that there is a higher possibility of losing than of winning, if you are not mature enough to accept that you can lose, you shouldn't even go to tourneys.

Besides, people will only keep an act while they are safe, like behind a PC screen or something.

Besides, people will only keep an act while they are safe, like behind a PC screen or something.

Real life threat ------ Revert to "Hey man this is just a game, no need to get violent!"

Internet supremacy established ------ Revert to "Hey man, I'd like to see you say that to me while not behind your PC.."

Common internet hypocrisy 10.1.

I expected more from you IAB.

People offline will not give in to rage, playing at tournaments implies that there is a higher possibility of losing than of winning, if you are not mature enough to accept that you can lose, you shouldn't even go to tourneys.

FORGIVE ME, RAMUS. HAD NO IDEA YOU EXPECTED SO MUCH OF ME...OR THAT PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. WHERE IS MY KAPPA?

Back