The Soulcast returns! (Phase VI)

xiang

Super Moderator

Hello, everyone! It's been a few years (SCV was released almost 7 years ago... holy mutha) but, as was always planned, we're back with the Soulcast for SCVI!

The cliff notes is that right below this you'll see an announcement for the next episode (date, time, guest, etc.). At the end of the post will be a list of all the episodes with links to the VODs. In-between will be some more detailed info about the podcast and what's new/changing this time around.

NEXT EPISODE:
Episode 7: TBA
Xiang's Gaming (Twitch)

[NOTE: Sorry it's been so long since the last episode. Not only have I been busier, my cohost is indefinitely out because his baby arrived. I'll try to get another episode going as soon as I can, but know that it might be a bit.]

THE DEETS:

For those that weren't around or simply don't remember when we first did this, the goal at first is to let the game breath a bit before we do any true character discussion. So, the first few episodes will be guest episodes to get some perspective on the scenes and what they're seeing with SCVI as it debuts at various tournaments. Once it feels like people are getting a pretty good handle on the game, we'll switch gears and start doing character-specific episodes. The idea is to devote one episode to each character and bring on a familiar name that plays that character, again the goal being not just to talk shop but give us all some perspective on how a good player approaches the game with that character.

Unlike the first go-round, we'll be doing this live through twitch (everything last time was a pure audio podcast that I eventually uploaded to youtube). The twitch VOD will be the go-to link in the episode list and only when it expires on twitch I'll upload it to youtube (really not a big fan of youtube these days). But, by doing it through twitch, we'll try to keep an eye on chat so if you guys have any questions or topics you'd like us to discuss, hopefully we can get to them in real-time.

Also, this time I should have a dedicated co-host, my man purefunked. In all likelihood, we'll split the streams between us, so you'll want to keep his channel in mind since I'm sure he'll be streaming the game a ton as well (Purefunked twitch). (Although, again, you can always come right back to this post for links to the episodes, wherever they may be).

Lastly, we're now 7 years older, so our lives have changed a bit. I have a kid and purefunked has one on the way, so we're a bit busier than we used to be. Before, I tried to do one episode every week depending on guest availability. The goal this time is once every other week... but don't be surprised if there's a little bit more time between episodes than that. Regardless, I'm committed to getting at least one episode for each character done. With any luck, SCVI will have that T7 longevity and we can make a second pass through the cast list.

As always, I am human, so if you guys have any questions/suggestions, post up! I'll do my best to ensure this post stays up-to-date. And mods, if this should go in a different forum, by all means move it and spank me later. :D

EPISODE LIST (Links are to the VOD):
Episode 1: Bibulus
Episode 2: Party Wolf
Episode 3: Xeph
Episode 4: Partisan

Character episodes:
Episode 5: Maxi ft richsticks
Episode 6: 2B ft. Jimbonator

Link to YouTube (all the old SCV podcasts are on there, too, if anyone wanted some nostalgia): https://www.youtube.com/xiangsgaming

Last edited:
Episode 1 is now in the books and the main post is updated with the VOD. Again, big thanks to Bibulus for being a guest and thanks to everyone that tuned in. See everyone here in a couple weeks. :D

Quick reminder that the podcast is tonight! (Since I probably won't be on again until shortly before we begin.)

Awesome! Any chance you can upload these to be listened to on podcast apps?

I am a technological moron lmao. So, if you can tell me an easy way to convert these videos to that format, then yes; otherwise, I'll never figure it out.

I know it's a little last minute (holiday had us scrambling a little bit), but we did get someone lined up for tomorrow: Xephukai!

Main post has been updated and of course will be updated again with a link to the vod once we're done. BUT, feel free to come hang out with us! Figured since Xeph came up a bit in our convo with Party Wolf, might as well chat with him, too. :D

Quick update since it's been a while: I do got a couple people lined up, but with December being a busy month, we're still working out schedules. Will of course update with an exact date once I know. :)

Got the next episode date locked in: Dec 13, normal time of 5pm Central. Gonna be chatting with Partisan. Mark the calendar. :)

Soulcast Episode 4 is happening now! Come hang out with us. :)

Update since I know it's been quite a while. Couple things have delayed the next episode. First, we had two holidays back-to-back. Second, and more recently, some important personal stuff has come up. I think probably the best plan now that we've done a handful of intro/interview episodes is to wait for the announced 1.11 patch coming sometime this month. Then, we can start jumping into the character episodes.

Sorry for the long delay, my dudes and dudettes. :(

Ok, now that the patch is out, it's time to get this show back on the road. We'll be recording TOMORROW with our first character cast and on the docket is.... Maxi! Come hang out, guys.

First character episode done! Woo! Nice, lengthy discussion; very awesome. VOD is ready, go watch. :D

Updated the main post for the next episode. We're looking at Wednesday night. 2B will be the topic with Jimbo as our guest. I also updated the old episode links, so sorry if anyone tried those recently and got an expired twitch vid.

EDIT - We're actually moving the episode the Monday. Couple things came up. :( I've updated the main post.

Last edited:
We are live! Come join us! 2b ft. Jimbo

Back