Them vs Us: Beta 4/25/09

Sluch

[10] Knight
Them vs. Us: Beta. April 25th, 2009

Illuminaudi Games (same place as last tournament in West Chester)
7865 Cincinnati Dayton Rd
West Chester, OH 45069

Venue: $10 (USD)

Cost/Game: $10 (USD)

=============================================

TOURNAMENTS

-All tournaments are double elimination.

-All tournaments are best 2/3 games.

-This is a B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Controller) event. If you don't bring it and don't know someone who will allow you use of their's, you are out of luck.
Converters will not be provided either, so be sure to bring that/those as well.

-At the start of the round there is a 10 second window with which to pause the game and/or fix controller/stick errors. After that, it's a game loss for the offender. If there's an issue, contact the person running that game.

-Button mapping is NOT allowed. Id est: you may not have a lp+mp+hp button. If you can't do it in the arcade, you can't do it here. This is non negotiable. (This rule applied mostly to SF4). Changing WHERE the button is on your controller or arcade stick is allowed.

GAMES

Street Fighter IV (4:00) PS3
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (5:00) PS2
Street Fighter II: HD Remix (2:00) PS3
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (2:00) Dreamcast
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (2:00) Wii
Tekken 5: DR (5:00) PS3
Soul Calibur 4 (4:00) PS3
Guilty Gear Accent Core (4:00) PS2
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (5:00) PS2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (5:00) Wii

Payout: 70/20/10

Registration for all games starts as early as you get here. Pre registration starts as soon as I post this.

RULES

SF4: Have fun.

3S: No Gill.

HDR: Trow a lot.

SSBB: All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Wiimotes are allowed with Classic Controllers. Don't know why they wouldnt be, just clarifying.

SC4:
Button Mapping Allowed
NO Bonus Chars Allowed
No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select only.
Default Damage.
Default Time.
Camera altering glitches banned.
Version 1.03

T5 DR: No Jinpachi. Random stage select. Winner keeps same character. Loser can change character.

GGAC: No ex, gold or black.

TvC: Have fun.

CvS2: Same team and order after win. No Ex grooves. No Shin Akuma, God Rugal, Riot Iori or Evil Ryu.

MvC2: Same team/assists and order after win. Only Juggernaut glich is allowed. No dead body.

All rules and games are subject to change. There shouldn't be any major changes. Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

This is close and would be fun. I haven't made a SC4 tournament yet - in fact, I haven't made a fighting game tournament, yet; less a couple no-names in my area.

I can accomodate 2-3 people for a ride there more than likely. I'm in the Akron-area.

I'll know if I'm going by 4/6.

Right on. Hope u can make it Holy Force. It'll be a lot of fun 4 sure, plus it's good 2 actually go 2 tournaments & get some great competition.

Rekano: I hope u can make it 2 this my good sir.

I'll most likely attend but I doubt I would enter this game. More likely to enter TvC after GGAC.

I'm likin' the interest in the tournament so far. Keep it up peeps.

pimp by blood not relation

Any beautifal women attending? I'm guessing no.

I'll still be there, does anyone want to MM me?

The Game Eater taking MMs huh!? I'd say I would, but I'm pretty sure it probably wouldn't be a good move on my part. Lol. If my instincts are not leading me astray, I'm pretty sure I know who u r, & seeing that u play Hilde, Kilik, & Sophitia, I believe my instincts are correct. However, if ur not the same person I'm thinking of, I really would be surprised b/c I definately know someone that's really good @ this game that plays those exact characters. Nevertheless, I'd be more than happy 2 get some casuals in 4 sure against ya. Who knows, I may just say fuck it & MM ya anywho, whether it is the person I think it is or not.

The Game Eater taking MMs huh!? I'd say I would, but I'm pretty sure it probably wouldn't be a good move on my part. Lol. If my instincts are not leading me astray, I'm pretty sure I know who u r, & seeing that u play Hilde, Kilik, & Sophitia, I believe my instincts are correct. However, if ur not the same person I'm thinking of, I really would be surprised b/c I definately know someone that's really good @ this game that plays those exact characters. Nevertheless, I'd be more than happy 2 get some casuals in 4 sure against ya. Who knows, I may just say fuck it & MM ya anywho, whether it is the person I think it is or not.

I just press buttons.

Its Jinmaster.

That's what I was thinking. Lol.

Yeah, I'll MM ya Mike. 1st to 3 for $5 sound good 2ya bro?

Hope that ride works out 4ya bro. I'm glad 2 hear u got the time off 2 make it up here 4 the tournament. *thumbs up*

What's up everyone!?

Cordy: What's goin' on bro!? The last tourney we had there were 8 ppl in the tourney. I'd say those 8 ppl will be there again, plus there's been a lot more interest in this tournament coming up, so I'd say it'll probaby be around the 16 ppl mark...give or take some peeps depending on work & driving circumstances. Hope u can make it up here 4 the tourney Cordy. If ur wondering the drive time, it's about 4 & 1/2 hours from Knoxville to Cincinnati.

Dizzynecro: I'll check that stuff out w/ Josh & see what's going on. I've been hearing that tournies are now letting Algol be played. I'll find that out & get back 2ya on that one bro. However, for the time being the rule still stands for Algol, but I'll letya know 4 sure Fred since I know u rock out the Bubble Man. Lol.

Take it easy & have a good one. Peace.

What's up everyone!?

I actually had some time 2nite 2 check out the Evo rules & SC4 tournament rules from various other touranemnts & it seems like Algol is now allowed in2 the mix. Since I usually stick 2 Evo rules for any tournaments that I do the brackets 4, I'll go on ahead & lift the ban off of him.

Fred, u should now be a happy man. Lol. I'll edit that 1st post here 2 change that rule. Looks like I'm gonna have 2 do some practice against the Bubble Man now. Lol.

Take it easy & have a good one. Peace. :china:

Back