This article says the human brain processes vision at 13 frames per second

It was a pretty interesting article, it would be cool if time did seem to slow down allowing us to perceive more.

i think he's talking about human frames, kowtow, not sc4 frames. so .308-ish seconds, not .08333333. which sounds about right for lagcalibur.

Without reading the article...

Generally it's accepted the human eye can only see 29-30 FPS...however your peripheral vision exceeds that. This is why you can feel a smoother animation with games and movies higher than the standard 29-30 FPS.

Not just that, but you notice inconsistencies, so a steady 90fps is smoother than a rocky 30-70fps. There's also monitor refresh rates to take into account, but that's something else.

That's pretty interesting because i remember reading in one of richard dawkins's books (blind watchmaker i think) how bats, even though they use sound instead of sight, can update their 3-D picture of the world like 20-200 times per second, so they in essence can 'see' as well as a human. it goes up when they zero in on prey and the frequency of their clicks goes up.

Back