This is what happens when politics meet education.

I've been loling over the article in the NY Times ever since it ran.

Remember when Obama was still awesome?

It's also important to note what one of them said, Texas does set the standard of Text books for the rest of country. Whatever books we use basically become the standard.

"Heavy emphasis is also to be placed on the founding fathers having been guided by strict Christian beliefs."

lol

"Heavy emphasis is also to be placed on the founding fathers having been guided by strict Christian beliefs."

lol

That is so fucking funny, And scarry

Didnt Benjamen Franklin say that religion was the worst thing to happen to mankind?

Tx shouldnt be writing shit ifthey're going to say that affirmitive action had uninteded consiquences......

Wtf is wrong with people. I could go on But I will start to rage. Just found out that Clarence Thomas' wife heads an orginasation that is now funneling money into the political system. Really?..... Comon wtf.

"A reduced scope for Latino history and culture."

Oh wow, that's cute. Good fucking lord, these conservatives must be bent on slowing down the nation's progress in every way possible.

That is so fucking funny, And scarry

Didnt Benjamen Franklin say that religion was the worst thing to happen to mankind?

Mavis B. Knight, a Democrat from Dallas, introduced an amendment requiring that students study the reasons “the founding fathers protected religious freedom in America by barring the government from promoting or disfavoring any particular religion above all others.”

It was defeated on a party-line vote.

They also replaced the word “capitalism” throughout their texts with the “free-enterprise system.”

Cynthia Dunbar, a lawyer from Richmond who is a strict constitutionalist and thinks the nation was founded on Christian beliefs, managed to cut Thomas Jefferson from a list of figures whose writings inspired revolutions in the late 18th century and 19th century, replacing him with St. Thomas Aquinas, John Calvin and William Blackstone. (Jefferson is not well liked among conservatives on the board because he coined the term “separation between church and state.”)

“The Enlightenment was not the only philosophy on which these revolutions were based,” Ms. Dunbar said.

Are we having fun yet.

I've been loling over the article in the NY Times ever since it ran.

Remember when Obama was still awesome?

He is...our congress just blows...pres cant do anything if the law makers are having 2 competing circle jerks rather than do their jobs.

As for the article...damnit. I think it's kind becoming obvious the more liberal we get with our teaching...the smarter the kids get...cuz they're actually thinking. We seriously need to consider letting Texas just become its own country to spare us all (and our foreign policy reputation...Iran aim there...they're not with us). Normally I'd go uber rant here...but I think any person with any logic skills can find everything wrong worth poiting out with this move (HINT: If you can't then you're obviously in the "not logical" category :D).

I always blame Texas...now I have a legit reason.

Slightly off topic, but Obama had his chance, and he blew it. If he was half the president advertised he would have actually DONE something while his party still had enough power. It's too late now, and you can blame it on congress all you want, but bleh. There's been almost no follow-through on any of his promises.

He is...our congress just blows...pres cant do anything if the law makers are having 2 competing circle jerks rather than do their jobs.

As for the article...damnit. I think it's kind becoming obvious the more liberal we get with our teaching...the smarter the kids get...cuz they're actually thinking. We seriously need to consider letting Texas just become its own country to spare us all (and our foreign policy reputation...Iran aim there...they're not with us). Normally I'd go uber rant here...but I think any person with any logic skills can find everything wrong worth poiting out with this move (HINT: If you can't then you're obviously in the "not logical" category :D).

I always blame Texas...now I have a legit reason.

Being liberal just makes you liberal, it doesn't have anything to do with your intelligence. Eastern nations are more conservative than Texas by a long shot, their kids are way smarter. And Texas has a very good education system anyway. Unless by smarter you mean enlightened.

This issue is just typical white republican bullshit. It's to be expected, what's retarded is that the Dems just walked out without challenging this shit.

Suppose its a symantics issue on defining liberal and smart so not gonna touch it too much...to generalize...basically free form thinking is proven productive in the development of an individual and society while constrained methods of thought are counter productive. In terms of smart I generally feel problem solving and logic trump "book smarts" any day as a person completely dependent on book smarts is rendered useless to society since 1994 at the inception of the internet and the later inclusion of the "search engine". So a "liberal" mindset can give a person far more options to explore...not that they'll neccesarily use it...plenty of dumb liberals I wont deny it, but the correct thought process is there. It yields greater potential...results may vary.

As for Obama...a lot of people feeling he failed to meet promises often miss basic government 101 and fail to realize that if congress doesn't make anything...he literally can't do his job. So no...the lack of promises being met is not his fault at all. The poor guy is standing in a room full of retards on both sides screaming for them to figure something out so he can do his part. It's 100% congresses fault and a lot of is the republicans. The guy is really fuckin smart and unfortunately has to deal with every states lead fuck ass republican and then have incoherent dems who can't figure out how to stop them. I really feel for Obama, great potential as a president and perhaps dealt one of the worst times to attain office. As well people forget his issues he has to defeat are not easy and will not have a perfect answer. Bush really fucked things up and some issues are tough no matter how they're given.

Get a decent congress and Obama will more than likely become one of the best presidents in a long time. He's the first guy I really like in office.

Another huge problem is that for some reason Democrats fail to understand the basics of negotiating: Start high, go to the middle. Instead, they say, "Well, I know we can't get 100X. We'll probably only be able to get 50X. So we'll start there." Then Republicans say, "Great! I'll meet you in the middle at 25X." Happens EVERY time.

That's pretty much bullshit, and I addressed it. When Obama took office the Democrats controlled Congress AND the Senate. He did FUCK ALL for more than a year and that caught up with him. You can whine NOW about how the Republicans are fucking everything up, but guess what? He had his chance.

ok while i admit pretty much every idea in here is pretty damn stupid what really made my jaw hit the floor is how they said for the most part "fuck you thomas jefferson" how they can possibly even conceive how the man who for the most part wrote the declaration of independence is "no longer included among writers influencing the nation’s intellectual origins." while burying all the other things that make white conservative america look bad takes some balls, denying the influence of one of the founding fathers of the country is the equivalent of them wiping their fat white asses with history. reading this sort of stuff makes me think we may have another civil war

ummm yeah thats why the congress is retarded...we have the dem majority and congress is still fucking up on giving obama something to work with. Seriously whats been put in front of him to sign? Do you even know what the president actually does? Republicans have stopped dems on everything and the dems in congress are too fucking dumb as we've said to do anything...Obama is doing all he can...congress just sucks. He can't exactly sign/approve something that isn't there. Until congress accomplishes something Obama literally cant do anything or be blamed.

People arent educated and think the president makes policy and law...he doesnt he approves and vetos them. He's getting blamed for the mistakes of congress on things that are not even part of what he does. He can push for things and dear god the man does, but that doesnt matter with our congress sucking so much ass. Its not like Bush where executive power was abused that over rode congress to accomplish "goals?".

Back