This thread is about GB Asura Dance and how pro it is.

This 's been out for a good while. Hope that helps.

Hmm, looking at the video it looks like the spark starts at the moment (frame?) 6+B hits. But I can't watch his hand and the screen at the same time so I can't figure out if he is hitting 41236B at the moment 6+B connects or a little earlier. Anybody else notice this?

From my own experience you have to begin the semi-circle in order to finish its 6:B part when the second hit of the asura should connect. Am I clear enough?

Maybe it's the way I'm doing it and other ways exist, but it works pretty well for me. Just make sure to do a smooth and precise 41236, practice a little and asura GB will be yours.

EDIT: I did some tests and you can do asura without finishing 41236:B when 6B connects. The only thing you need to do is hitting 6 and B at the same time. Like someone said earlier you can also train the timing by doing Asta jf grab.

From my own experience you have to begin the semi-circle in order to finish its 6:B part when the second hit of the asura should connect. Am I clear enough?

Maybe it's the way I'm doing it and other ways exist, but it works pretty well for me. Just make sure to do a smooth and precise 41236, practice a little and asura GB will be yours.

EDIT: I did some tests and you can do asura without finishing 41236:B when 6B connects. The only thing you need to do is hitting 6 and B at the same time. Like someone said earlier you can also train the timing by doing Asta jf grab.

Hm, so the only solid requirements for doing JF Asura that everybody agrees on are:

1) Do a smooth and precise 41236
2) Hit 6 and B at the same time

Some people say you have to do the 41236B super fast (within 5 frames), some other people say that's not the case. And then, like in your case, some people claim 41236B has to be done as JF when 6+B connects, and the some people say no, that's not true.

I have done regular Asura probably at least 2,000 times now in total. How is it that not even once I did smooth motion AND hit 6 and B at the same time?! I am starting to think it is because I don't ever use Kilik per se, I only use my custom character (with Soul of Kilik). Could that be the reason I can't get JF Asura? Sometimes I notice I do 81 damage but there is not spark or Guard Break.

41236 definitely needs to be smooth and 6:B needs to be together. The other requirement you might be missing is that the 41236:B has to be done by the time the 6B connects.

Play around with the way your inputting it. If you try it exactly the same way every time you won't get it. What I find is that if you press the B before the 6 the last part of Asura wont come out. If you press it too late then you wont get the GB. So try to mess around with the B placing.

Also if you try out Astaroth's JF throws(same half circle just backwards) that will let you know if you've got the right idea. That's how I started training and I got it soon afterwards.(only on 1p side sadly though)

after stopping playing this for ages i came back to find that the way i used to do the GB Asura didnt work for me at all.

i used to do the B+K then as the hit lands do 6B (kinda like a just hit itself, i used to think this was of paramount importance) then make sure the 41236B was done as fast as possible making sure that the 6and B are exact. this used to work for me alot. but suddenly stopped.

the motion for this would be B+K....6B.41236:B
the dots represent the wait.

so i played with it a bit more. to my joy i found that the 6B can be preformed as soon as the B+K is preformed.

the motion i do now is more like B+K.6B.....41236:B

this really really helps i find you give yourself a little more time to prepare for the motion and to get it more precise. take a little breath and really go for that 41236:B

before my i could do the more 30-60% of the time. and about 3 times a row consistantly. lastnight it was more like 60-90% with me getting a chain of 10 in a row. with fairly good reliablity.

i always used the analog stick when playing kilik the other nite i met a really cool and very good player online named saion something. he picks kilik and busts right out with the GB Asura. i ask him for tips on the timing of this move and he tells me to use the dpad as the inputs are more precise. i switch over and the first 2 attempts it comes out flawlessly. now i still havent figured out the exact timing of this move but since switching over i have gone from never hitting the move to being able to get it maybe 1 out of every 10 trys. with alittle more practice i think i might have it but just wanted to pass on the info as the dpad i think is more suited for this move.

i think my biggest mistake with this move is my 41236b is either not a smooth rotation or im not getting the 6 and b at the same time. i know this move can't be juked so what im wondering about is after the second input of 6b can i roll the pad from 6 in complete circle back to 6b? its easier to input the Asura this way for me since i have a hard time adjusting my fingers back to 4 to get the perfect rotation. doing it this way i know my rotation is smooth and timely just can't get it to work this way. anyone else do GB Asura this way or does it not work?

i always used the analog stick when playing kilik the other nite i met a really cool and very good player online named saion something. he picks kilik and busts right out with the GB Asura. i ask him for tips on the timing of this move and he tells me to use the dpad as the inputs are more precise. i switch over and the first 2 attempts it comes out flawlessly. now i still havent figured out the exact timing of this move but since switching over i have gone from never hitting the move to being able to get it maybe 1 out of every 10 trys. with alittle more practice i think i might have it but just wanted to pass on the info as the dpad i think is more suited for this move.

i think my biggest mistake with this move is my 41236b is either not a smooth rotation or im not getting the 6 and b at the same time. i know this move can't be juked so what im wondering about is after the second input of 6b can i roll the pad from 6 in complete circle back to 6b? its easier to input the Asura this way for me since i have a hard time adjusting my fingers back to 4 to get the perfect rotation. doing it this way i know my rotation is smooth and timely just can't get it to work this way. anyone else do GB Asura this way or does it not work?

are you talking about the saion that mains mina?

ive had some interesting encounters with him but he's not bad

i hope they where good encounters :D either way he has one of the best Mina's i've played and rock solid with the whole cast.

baba i need some help with this GB Asura, maybe if your on later we can catch up and you could show me some pointers???

the method that works for me most consistently is finishing the half circle just as 6B hits

also the 6 and the B at the end of the half circle must be pressed at the same time

I guess it's definitely the way to do it. Like Raidenwins said everyone seems to agree on the same conditions...
You gotta work your timing in order to finish the half circle B at the same time the 6B hits; works perfectly fine with me, now I even have more trouble to do a normal asura ><
Remember not to rush the asura, just think about the last part hitting more or less when 6B connects (I say more or less because I feel like the timing is not as strict as an Amy's 6:6B for instance).
Really guys it's not that difficult, all the keys are in this thread. Imho some of yoshi's or setsuka's combos are way harder to pull off...
sry for my english guys, tell me if I wasn't clear ^^

When manliness meets awesomeness... even Chuck Norris is overwhelmed by the amount of win in this vid.

I forgot that one, thanks for bringing this up again xD

ok so i've been messing around a bit with this move and the only way i've managed to land it is when i time the 41236b just as the 6b is connecting. any other time regular asura. so as others have suggested kinda like a jf without the flash. the first 2 parts can be done either quick or delayed.

another little trick that i've been using is laying my thumb horizontal across dpad with my knuckle resting on 4 and thumb tip at 6. seems easier to me to get a smooth 41236 motion.

i found out last night i can do this on a control pad too (i normally use a stick)

:D

just surprised i could do it on the stupid xbox pad

make sure when trying this move that you DO NOT start the input for 41236:b until AFTER the first B+K input connects.
how fast you input the first 2 parts DOESN'T matter. it's already been explained above.

after i input the B+K..6b, i hold 6 and wait for the B+K to connect. once it does i roll the analog stick 698741236:b. it has to be kinda fast and make sure when you roll the stick that it is pushed completely outward.
just started with this method and its paying off bigtime. my hangup was starting the last part before the first had made contact. i dont think that the timing on the last 6:b in the 41236:b is very strict.

Back