THUNDERDOME ONLINE SETS

Party Wolf

Administrator
THUNDERDOME.png

What’s up SC players? I wish to start streaming online FT5/10s since I believe we need more of those. THUNDERDOME will be a set for the people. Here is how I plan on organizing these FT10s. Let me state that if you want to challenge anyone to a set, post it on here. I don’t care about skill level for the THUNDERDOME, you only need that COMPETITIVE FIRE to play. Both players will need to agree and battle on terms they both like. I will be asking players to do some streamed sets as well. (Can stream both consoles)

THUNDERDOME GOALS
1. Get people to put each other on blast and actually play the game
2. Have pre-battle interviews (and possible aftermath inteviews) with the players
3. Give attention to lesser known player
4. MORE SOULCALIBUR

Any suggestions or call outs?!

EDIT: Oh yeah, if anyone would like to commentate these matches on skype go ahead

*UPDATE*

[notice]You need to PM me if you want to be on THUNDERDOME. I will NOT accept your request on a day or two of notice. The only exception to this rule would be if I really want to see certain players play.[/notice]

[notice]THUNDERDOME UPDATE:

Players who are exclusive to online will only be allowed to participate in FT3s.

Players who have showed up offline (including locals) will be allowed to participate in a FT5.

Players who have gone to a local/tournament in the last month will be allowed to FT7

Players who have made top 8 at a major will be allowed to participate in a FT10.

Players who have won a major will be allowed to go up to a FT15

These rewards will expire in 1 year after earning them (This excludes the FT7 deal). Of course, these feats will be renewed if you accomplish them again.

Q: What if you are playing someone who is not eligible for a set as long as you?

A: That is okay. For example: An online player can battle an offline player in a FT5 IF the offline player requests it. A tournament winner can play a top 8 placer or below in a FT15. etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why am I doing this?

1) This is the most selfish reason, but I do not want to watch a player(s) who aren't good for an hour. Although this may come off as harsh, it is the truth.

2) Players who go offline will be rewarded for doing so. This is very important since we need to grow as a community and not have a bunch of people who just want to stay online forever.

3) Many people don’t want to watch a FT10 in general because they are lengthy.

If you have any comments or suggestions, I will listen. Don’t expect there to be changes unless the idea is brilliant.[/notice]

Last edited:
FT5 Me vs StevenA

3bars MAXIMUM
Random select is NOT allowed
Loser must feel a deep shame for 2 whole weeks

Last edited:
That sounds cool. There are guys on youtube like ssf4evo and PikachuAkuma who post SSF4 vids. You could do the same with SCV.

You haven't seen BEYOND THUNDERDOME. Do you think you are qualified to host this? DO YOU HAVE A GUT FULL OF FEAR?

Well I challenge Jerichoxwar, although there's a 90% chance he will back out.

FT5
4 bar minimum

I don't want him slipping off with a win in a 1 bar connection and the bragging about it. I'm ready any time after I'm back at the apartment next week.

Edit: also challenge @GranmasGotGame to FT5, get ready to get exposed buddy! Haha

I also challenge you Partywolf. FT5, 4 bar minimum.

Last edited:
YADA YADA YADA, THIS IDEA IS BASED ON SPECTATORSHIP, NOT PROVING THE BETTER PLAYER, THEREFORE THE IDEA IS WRONG BECAUSE IT IS MISLEADING. YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW THIS IS WHAT I THINK. ONE-ON-ONE FIGHTING ISN’T ABOUT GETTING A CROWD OF IDIOTS TO DISTRACT TWO FIGHTERS WHILE THEY FIGHT AND CONVINCE EACH OTHER WHO’S BETTER. IT’S A PRIVATE AFFAIR AND YOU ALL DISGUST ME FOR WANTING IT TO BE A CIRCUS.

HAVE A BEARABLE NEW YEAR, FUCK-TARDS.

Don't join the stream if you don't like it.

Partywolf: Alright, that's fair. I challenge IRM then. Same rules

Last edited:
Way too completely miss the point of the thread MM. No where does it say this will prove who is better than who. It's just a method of archiving cool online matches.

Back