THUNDERDOME ONLINE SETS

It is kind of funny that the only two people who have a problem with this rely on online to win. Anyways, I am done talking about these updates.

Bottom line is there's more to offline than just playing a game. You get feedback faster, and there are no random barriers like lag. Also you get to meet other people and make friends etc. Some of you could strongly benefit from trying this.

Does a FT5 magically settle things more than a FT3? Get off it already.

I wonder if there are online poker players who think they are better than the offline ones who won the World Series of Poker.

I wonder if there are online poker players who think they are better than the offline ones who won the World Series of Poker.

Bad analogy... Poker is a turn based game of mind and strategy, (non-susceptible to lag) fighting games are about execution and reaction timing. (Susceptible to lag issues.)

A more accurate analogy... a Poker player losing a pot online, and scolding the other player "IF THIS WAS LAS VEGAS!!!!! I would have WON!!!" Spoilers! You're playing online.

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is I attend other Offline tournament games, but people here are only primarily concerned with SC tournaments. (I understand the latter because this is an "SC" forum.) But still, it doesn't make me any less of a 'tournament' player.
I have never regretted playing this game offline, and I have regretted many days playing it online.

Lol people will always be nicer to you face to face rather than on the internet. Generally people who go to social events regularly will be more pleasant to deal with. =]

I really don't see online-only players suddenly showing up to stuff for the sake of an extra couple rounds in Thunderdome, but anyone who is mad about these updates is overlooking the real issue:
Q: What if you are playing someone who is not eligible for a set as long as you?

A: That is okay. For example: An online player can battle an offline player in a FT5 IF the offline player requests it. A tournament winner can play a top 8 placer or below in a FT15. etc.

@Ishimaru Jinrai @Vile_Death_Wave
I see this as, if you, the up-and-coming player, want a longer set vs a "top player" you challenged, talk to them about it. Pretty sure there's at least a handful of players in the FT10-15 bracket who don't mind an extra few sets if you show you want to improve.

Anyway, it's not like you can't still do a FT5/10/100 whatever outside of Thunderdome.

Last edited:
Thunderdome used to have matches every week, now we're lucky to see something posted every month. I come to this thread to see matches - not bullshit. The last two pages of this thread have been bullshit. The way its looking, bullshit is all we have to look forward to.

I don't care what rules are used, or even who plays. Give us some damn matches or admit Thunderdome is done and walk the fuck away.

And to those bitching about not getting enough rounds - Its a fucking online match. Its not like you are spending money to show up. Who cares how many rounds the guy who is putting in the work streaming the damn thing is willing to sit through. You lose NOTHING by doing a 3 match set and gain NOTHING by doing a 15 match set. Get over your fucking selves - if you were really planning on taking part you would have done so by now anyway.

I felt I needed all that profanity to make my point.

Fuck this shit.

If people show more interest in seeing matches, I'm sure me and other players would be more willing to schedule matches. I guess I'll be willing to play someone again in the TD, if anyone wants to challenge me, or has a suggestion for me to challenge or run back, lemme know.

Yea, I am one of them (online and offline player). Online players focus waaay hard on the numbers data and aggression like in Hold 'Em. They actually make the switch to offline play really well because of the ease in which they obtained so much experience.

blah blah blah

ect16c.jpg

Thunderdome used to have matches every week, now we're lucky to see something posted every month. I come to this thread to see matches - not bullshit. The last two pages of this thread have been bullshit.

I'm sorry this topic just happened to get the brunt of the Online vs Offline point of view. =P I'm not gonna discuss it further.

Back