Tier Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heehee, I see an infraction coming over the horizon...

You did read the site rules, right? No Flaming or No double posting (or triple for your case).

http://8wayrun.com/threads/site-rules.8437/ have fun immersing yourself in IdleMind's rules thread.

@Solo, Guess what? He can't ignore me... I'm a moderator ;D

Solo, as great as it would be for me to adapt and become better, I feel that universally if something is broken, it should be fixxed. Give me ONE reason why those attacks don't register as horizontals or verticals? One, just ONE reason. Clearly, you can see the direction of the attack, its not like a 5 finger death punch explodes inside of you, its not like a chair suddenly appears under your ass. You can CLEARLY see the orb either shooting at you or spinning around viola, the fact that EIN attacks VERTICALLY on (B) and horizontally on (A). Give... one... reason... why there attacks shouldn't follow the rules that EVERY other character follows? Aeon's Fire breath is an unblockable, you can't AGI Unblockables, same with Cerv's bullets (save for BT 214K) and Ezio's B+K. but clearly Ezio's crossbows should also register as vertical attacks. Now, this isn't JUST Cervantes. As I stated previously some characters like Raph and Sieg and Yoshi patroklos pyrrha and others have AGI's. These are all null and void agains't these attacks... for no reason... and since literally HALF of ZWEI's and Viola's movelists are related to this, it should be fixxed.

Solo, as great as it would be for me to adapt and become better, I feel that universally if something is broken, it should be fixxed. Give me ONE reason why those attacks don't register as horizontals or verticals? One, just ONE reason. Clearly, you can see the direction of the attack, its not like a 5 finger death punch explodes inside of you, its not like a chair suddenly appears under your ass. You can CLEARLY see the orb either shooting at you or spinning around viola, the fact that EIN attacks VERTICALLY on (B) and horizontally on (A). Give... one... reason... why there attacks shouldn't follow the rules that EVERY other character follows? Aeon's Fire breath is an unblockable, you can't AGI Unblockables, same with Cerv's bullets (save for BT 214K) and Ezio's B+K. but clearly Ezio's crossbows should also register as vertical attacks. Now, this isn't JUST Cervantes. As I stated previously some characters like Raph and Sieg and Yoshi patroklos pyrrha and others have AGI's. These are all null and void agains't these attacks... for no reason... and since literally HALF of ZWEI's and Viola's movelists are related to this, it should be fixxed.
ZWEI does not need more nerfs, he is fine right now. If you can't handle playing vs. him online or wherever you play then you need to get in the lab.

Viola does however, need to be rebalanced because she is "overpowered".

I'm sure I've stepped Ezio's crossbow before, so does that not make it vertical?

ZWEI has EIN, who assists in breaking back throws. Pretty straight forward I think.

Astaroth is a grabbing character. I think it makes sense he should be allowed to.

Voldo can break back throws because half of his movelist requires him to face backwards. It would be stupid not to let him break back throws.

Your posts make my eyes bleed. If you want your suggestions to be taken seriously, might I suggest that you make use of correct sentence structure and the 'enter' key.

Very true. I just wanted to see his answer to that question. ZWEI doesn't have much going for him why should EIN be agi'able? Or Viola's orb? If they're main tools were easily avoided they wouldn't be much to fighting them now would there?
Your posts make my eyes bleed. If you want your suggestions to be taken seriously, might I suggest that you make use of correct sentence structure and the 'enter' key.
Don't question his english. He is absolute! Lol

Mage, you failed, so horribly... No matter if it can be stepped, the move itself does not register in soul calibur 5 AS a vertical or a horizontal. All I want, is for them to REGISTER as vertical or horizontal, instead of "High, special mid, mid, special low, low" I want them to be what they are. Solo, since you commanded me! Astaroth is a giant, Voldo is blind and ZWEI is a "werewolf". In Depth, ZWEI has a wolf that will pull you off of him at any time, that is magical, and can appear anywhere. Voldo is slippery, covered in grease, he should be immune to all grabs but they felt that would be too OP so he can just break them. Astaroth is bigger than anyone else, you are nothing but a maggot to him, his muscles are so powerful that I am shocked that when natsu or nightmare try to air grab them, he doesn't do a reversal!.

And I love how your defense is that "ZWEI already sucks so bad, why make him legit?" Hell, Make him a more valid character. I personally think hes a good character, its not like hes AEON.

Mage, you failed, so horribly... No matter if it can be stepped, the move itself does not register in soul calibur 5 AS a vertical or a horizontal. All I want, is for them to REGISTER as vertical or horizontal, instead of "High, special mid, mid, special low, low" I want them to be what they are. Solo, since you commanded me! Astaroth is a giant, Voldo is blind and ZWEI is a "werewolf". In Depth, ZWEI has a wolf that will pull you off of him at any time, that is magical, and can appear anywhere. Voldo is slippery, covered in grease, he should be immune to all grabs but they felt that would be too OP so he can just break them. Astaroth is bigger than anyone else, you are nothing but a maggot to him, his muscles are so powerful that I am shocked that when natsu or nightmare try to air grab them, he doesn't do a reversal!.
I failed? How can I be the failure when you can't duck or step a move?

Why must it be spelled out to you?? Ezio's crossbow is seemingly a vertical because you can step it and it doesn't really track.

Thank you for answering my question. To be honest though why not just find a way around those attacks. Cervantes has many tools and an excellent i11 punisher. I play Siegfried. A character who has his sword go right through people at times, I don't complain about it though. I find a way around it. I can fight Viola, ZWEI, and most Algols just fine. I love it when Algol does a bubble into his low, I get a free WR B. You need to learn how EIN attacks after ZWEI's moves to counter him properly. Can't say much about Viola though. I have to play her solely through reading her patterns, it's annoying because Sieg has no way to get her out of his face. So I have to make a read to even start up my offense against her.

Mage... You missed the point... BTW CROSSBOW TRACKS STEP but not quick step... The issue, which you failed to see, wasn't that the moves follow a path, the issue was that the game gives us auto guard impacts, some of which specifically only counter certain types of moves, Horizontals and Verticals. I am assuming you don't know this, but EIN attacks such as (A) EIN is CLEARLY attacking in a HORIZONTAL fashion. ViolAmy's 44A BE CLEARLY travels Horizontally. BUT if a move AGI's Horizontals, be it for protection (XIBA B+K) or for counter (Cervantes A+B) the attack hits them. Raph has moves like 2A+B which become useless agains't an orb. So why do these 4 characters(including ezio whom I haven't tested) have this?

Cervantes B+K guard impacts Ezio's crossbow because it qualifies as a vertical so stop complaining about that and please just stop insulting every person in the whole thread it just makes you look like a jackass please move it back on topic rather than one person trying to start a flame war.

"So why do these 4 characters(including ezio whom I haven't tested) have this? " Notice where I said including ezio whom I haven't tested? I never had a problem with ezio, I assumed that because he had a crossbow bolt, that it might follow the same rules as bubbles orb and EIN, thank you Spartan for helping test something that I haven't tested, I will test myself to make sure, but honestly I have had an issue fighting ezio, hes not a trap style character like those other 3. If you read my early posts you can see my 3 REAL targets were Violamy ZWEI and Algol. The fact that projectiles can be AGI'd (if what you say is true) then there is absolutely NO REASON why these 3 characters should not have their attacks be AGI'd. You literally helped support me Spartan, and for that you gain my thanks. Even though you tried to call me a jack ass.

Lets just say when you auto-gi Ezios crossbow online with Cervy and it auto gunshots him in the face across the ring for the K.O. it looks awesome lol.

And in case you wonder why I feel that Viola ZWEI and Algol's magical weapons should register as horizontals or verticals, is because its not fair that they don't. I am guessing Ezio's bolt should also register as a vertical, but I have never tested that it doesn't, the reason I don't mention cervantes 's is because its an unblockable, AGI's don't work on unblockables. Plus Those 3 characters mentioned can spam their magic weapons. Anyone else who has an attack that is easily read, can be AGI'd, so if I know ALGOL is shooting a bullet at the endo f his combo, why can't I punish him for it? instead I have to sit on my thumb and try to deal with it in a way that will put me at a huge disadvantage. Same thing for orb and EIN. Shit needs to be made balanced...
LOL um they kinda do register as either vertical or horizontal, you kinda need to come off high horse your on.

They dont register as verticals or horizontals because someone at Namco thought about it and decided it's better this way.

They're fine. And as stupid it might sound to you it's your job to learn how to counter them even if it might require you to *gasp* block and try to guess right in the mixup.

You dont necessarily need to get a punish every time.

I want you to make a video, I want you to AGI with either A+B or B+K Viola's Orb. I want to see this. Video or shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back