Time For A Test! The Grøh General Discussion Thread

So just bumping this thread to let you all know that Groh's frame data is finally out. Some numbers may not be completely accurate, however.
https://8wayrun.com/wiki/groh-frame-data-sc6/

Some interesting stuff here. 3B is 18 frames as is 44B+K. 44B+K is safer than 3B, however.

Also of note is that Groh has some of the fastest AAs and BBs in the game and in the series as a whole. Putting him on par with Sophitia's speed and faster than that of Tira's.

Moves that are capable of breaking guard (I believe this is a complete list):
  • BBB (3rd hit)
  • 3B
  • 1BB (2nd hit)
  • 8*9B
  • A+B
  • 2A+B
  • 8A+B (2nd hit)
  • 6B+K (2nd hit)
  • 4B+K
  • BT B+K
  • 22(A)
  • 66BB
  • 22B
  • 44B
  • 66A+B (2nd hit)
  • 66B+K (2nd hit)
  • Run K
  • AVN (A) (last hit)
  • AVN B+K (2nd hit)
  • SCh 1AK
  • SCh 2A+B
  • SCh AVN 6B (3rd hit)
  • SCh AVN 6A (2nd hit)
  • SCh AVN 6K
And how AVN (A) scales post-GB after various GB options:
  • AVN 6A: 71 (125%)
  • A+B6: 70 (123%)
  • 6B+K: 67 (118%)
  • 8A+B6: 59 (104%)
  • 4A+B6: 57 (100%)
  • 1BB6: 57 (100%)
  • 4B+K6: 57 (100%)
  • RE B6: 55 (96%)
  • 66B+K6: 53 (93%)

Last edited:
Groh is getting buffed next week.

2018-12-13_1435.png

some of the changes seem pretty dam good even coming from a filthy outsider like myself :P

Yeah they look pretty good. I'm not quite sure what the one about 22_88bA is about, but I also just forgot the move even existed.

Hyped about WS A being a knockdown now.

22bA has the same animation as the first hit of 66AA but doesn't auto-evade and forces a backturn on the opponent. It's high, but it's also faster than 66AA IIRC.

The only really good adjustment is changing WR A to knockdown as the move prior was usually the worse option from WR attacks. The other options were already pretty safe, they're just a little safer now and can give Groh a bit more leeway in keeping his offense going.

Not much discussion going with Groh lately, what gives? Did we give up on the guy? He still seems much more popular than Algol or ZWEI.

Tbh I wouldn't say I've figured everything or about him, but I'm at an impasse. I feel like I'm as good as I'm gonna get with groh, just gotta work on match up knowledge.

I can attest that Groh feels complete now! He had bad tracking and bad whiffing issues. But right after the patch, I was able to do this ;)

So some new stuff, obviously the patch notes provide the notations and experimenting will have to be done in the real game, but here's a few things I've noticed.

66AA doesn't knockdown anymore, but still remains a natural combo and still grants some nice frame advantage on hit. For knockdowns the new 66AB will do the same job and as a bonus, wall slams. Damage is the same.

4B+K now lethals after soul charge, good range on it, but a bit slow still.

236B is a new move, hits highs has a lot of coverage and does a fair bit of damage and it's also pretty fast. Has a pretty deadly attack throw in soul charged state. Seems to be the strongest non-soul charged follow up after 3B now.

3A+B a close range standing low. Doesn't seem too great a first blush.

AVN KA. New move from Avenger state, doesn't appear to be a natural combo, its a lot slower than the old AVN K with about the same amount of range. More damage, though. Has a K follow-up in Soul Charged state.

66kA. Another new move that ends in low, but doesn't knockdown or seems to combo naturally. Still it's a good mixup, will need to experiment more on this one.

a6, is a fast hitting high that seems to grant some good frames adv. on hit. Seems like a solid poke if a bit short-ranged. Need more testing on this one.

AVN BK. New Avenger move that knocks down and is a natural combo. A semi-great follow up given the kinda lacking knockdown options from Avenger that end in lows, guard breaks or attack throws, has the same impact frames as AVN BB.

Soul Charge: Needs some more testing, but Groh's new attack is a teleporting mid from above that puts him into Soul Charged state. Works well, out of all the new options from Soul Charge state, it seems 236B is one of the best options. Lots of range, fast, and leads to an attack throw with a lot of damage.

Any commnets?

Back