Tips for landing the B+K doom combo

RTD

SC4 International Champ
Some people have a difficult time landing the C3B, B+K, C2B,B, C2A,A doom combo.

Specifically speaking, landing C2B,B successfully in that combo gives people the most problems.

Here are some tips for executing the entire combo.

In training mode, if you do C2B,b too late after B+K, the training dummy will block the 2nd hit of C2B,b or it will whiff.

If you release B too early, C1B will be executed.

I had trouble getting the C2BB early enough until i did the following button mapping and sequence:

I'll release c3B with R1 and then immediately hold down B again with R1.

Then I'll do B+K with the face buttons...

During the B+K animation, I'll release my A charge with L1.

...and then I'll release C2B,B with R1 just as the opponent reaches the peak of the bounce.

...and finally, I'll release C2A,A with L1.

That's the trick! You'll just have to remember to do C2B,B with a different button than the one you use for B+K.

That's not to say doing it any other way isn't possible, it's just easier to do this way.

Knock yourselves out!

No but you can use C3B B+K C2BB 8K which I prefer unless I know the C2AA will ring out or give me far better ring positioning.

If they haven't seen it before or they don't AC well, you can also land a 6A+K(2 hits - must be timed), 3BA
Oh, also if you're at a half wall (As in C2AA will splat on both hits type distance) use 4B+K for potential over wall RO>

Any luck pulling this out on stick??? I'm using stick now cause the iMCF with Yoshi is a hella lot easier, but I also want to keep working on my Hilde. I guess I can try this today with my t5 stick since I just got my adapter for it yesterday.

Stick is a bit harder to pull off a multi-hold+multi-press technique that most pad users do.
This is because on pad we have 2 additional buttons to access on our left hand, and due to the way the buttons are placed 4 on the right hand.
On stick you can hold 6 (well technically 7 but that's SUPER awkward) by using your palm to hold down 2 buttons, and using fingers to press the other 4(5). The problem with this is that it's rather awkward to play.

On a standard 8 button stick:
OOOO
OOOO

you would hold the bottom right ones with your palm:
OOOO
OOXX

and the top 4 you'd use your 4 main fingers 4 and the side ones you'd maybe use your thumb.
But as I said - this is extremely awkward.

This combo is so frustrating to land.
been in training for almost an hour doing this.

I've been trying this combo from C3B and FC C3AKB...
after B+K, the C2BB part is almost like a Just Frame type of thing... and when I do finally land the C2BB, the C3A whiffs past them.. which is extremely hard to time.

So does it matter if you input the B+K earlier or a bit delayed? or does it not matter because it will be the same window for C2BB to charge?

HALP ! >_<

C2BB should be done immediately after C3B. Funny thing is when i learned the doom combo it came from actually playing online from online bouts. At first i couldn't do it offline until i learned it online.

Get your basic doom combo down first then move on too advanced doom combos setups etc.

I just picked up Hilda last night. She seems fun to play with but very complex due to her strict timing. I didn't know that there was more than one doom combo though.

Back