Tira - Combo Discussion

Violent Vodka

Pick Your Poison
In this thread, feel free to discuss any of Tira's many combos. If you find one that's not in the official Combo List, post it here and one of the SA Mods will put it into the list for you.

Thanks in advance! :)

After CH JS 22B (2nd hit) you can launch with 3B. This was in the guide. Do you have it?

I know a lot of the guide has become plain wrong now. I'm thinking I might create a thread here to attempt to re-write some of it post-patch (though it may be quite painful reading, not for the squeamish)

Didnt see Any GS BT B+K Combos. You can follow up with 4B:B:B or 3B Combos as normal. or JS 66B BE if Stance Change. Cool Stuff.

After CH JS 22B (2nd hit) you can launch with 3B. This was in the guide. Do you have it?

I know a lot of the guide has become plain wrong now. I'm thinking I might create a thread here to attempt to re-write some of it post-patch (though it may be quite painful reading, not for the squeamish)

You bet me to this one, its epic but you gotta be quick.

JS 22B (second hit counter) 3B is kind of unstable. They don't always fall in the correct ways. That, and 66K does more damage, has the same opportunites as 3B, and always connects. I just kinda figured I'd do that.
Didnt see Any GS BT B+K Combos. You can follow up with 4B:B:B or 3B Combos as normal. or JS 66B BE if Stance Change. Cool Stuff.
Yeah, forgot about GS BT B+K, I'll work on that. I usually do GS BT B+K 22B 666B. Nice damage.
Internet is coming on monday, so I'll work on stuff to upload then.

Combo List updated with:
  • Gloomy BT B+K normal hit combos.
  • Gloomy BT B+K wall hit combos.
  • Wake-up information.
  • Minor Tech Trap information.
Please contribute to the tech trap information. :D

Wanted to contribute some more :3: :A::A: wall combos, just tested them and they check out:
:3: :A::A: W!:
:2::A+B: , :4::A: , :4::K: , :4::K:, :(6)::B: - 98 damage (chance of persona change)
:2::A+B: , :4::A: , :4::K: , :4::K:, :6::6::(6)::B: - 109 damage (chance of persona change)
:2::A+B: , :4::A: , :4::K: , :4::K:, :6::6::bA+B+K: - 105 damage (0.5 meter ~ chance of persona change)
:2::A+B: , :4::A: , :4::K: , :4::K:, :6::6::(6): :bA+B+K: - 116 damage (0.5 meter ~ chance of persona change)

I was also wondering if there's any way at all to incorporate her 7_8_9 CHB into any of her combos? I've been trying to find one but I haven't yet :( I think it'd be really cool if there was some combo out there that allowed this.

EDIT: nm, just found one!
JS/GS 3B W!, 9B - 69 damage (the W! needs to be a high W! and the opponent needs to be a little away from the wall)
Not much for damage but I guess it's ok if you want to be flashy :P. You can also start the GS version with 4A followed by the 3B but it's less reliable.

Uhm.. You might be able to after a ___ W! 66K wall hit, but it's not as damaging as other options. You can see in this video that 9A+B is unfortunately one of the less damaging combo options.
Thuban Kalb Nath B.B.B.B = .10 meter -- 5/5 ~ 10 damage taken. --See horrible quality attached video for sweet followups.

Oh, and does distance/angle matter for the 2A+B connection?

Edit: the only thing that would connect a 9B would be a high-hit (either state) 3B.
You can do GS 66A/3A.A 3B 9B, but you have to be at more of an angle. If you hit them BT, they just get stunned.

Here is a bunch of Tech Traps ive found. Not all but what i believe to be the most viable. Was going to make a thread but then i saw some listed in the combo list

Jolly Side:

WR :B: - >
  • :(3):_:(9): :A::A: - All - 60 Damage
  • :4: :B+K: :B: - All - 62 Damage
  • :(2):_:(8): :B: - F, L - 42 Damage
  • :(3):_:(9): :K: - F, R, B
  • :2::3::6: :K: - F, L, B
  • :1: :K: - All - [No KD on Back]
  • :(1):_:(7): :K: - All
:1: :K:->
  • :(3): :A::A: - F, L, B - 57 Damage
:(6): :B:->
  • # :(6): :A::A: - All - 60 Damage
  • #:1: :K: - All - 40 Damage
Gloomy Side:

WR:B: - >
  • :(3):_:(9): :B: - F, L, B - 43 Damage - OTG
  • :(4): :A: - All - 59 Damage
  • Dash :3: :A::A: - F, L, B - 62 Damage
  • :4: :B+K: :B: - All - 62 Damage
  • :2::3::6: :K: - F, L, B
:(6): _:(3):_:(9): :K:- >
  • Dash :3: :A::A: - F, L, B - 72 Damage
:4: :B::B::B:- >
  • :(4): :(B): - All - ~ 112 Damage - [Do not hold B for too long otherwise it will whiff on Left]
:4: :B::B::B:, 4:A:, 4:K:, 4:K:->
  • :(3):_:(9): :B: - F, L, B - 76 Damage - OTG
  • Dash :3: :A: :A: - All - 111 Damage
:4: :K:->
  • :1: :A: - All - 42 Damage
# - Once opponent on the ground

Oh, and does distance/angle matter for the 2A+B connection?

No, as long as you W! with :3::A::A:, the :2::A+B: will hit, unless you input it too slow, but that's a given. I've been able to do this combo many times.

EDIT: Fixed up the style on my original post, too. Sorry about that.

No, as long as you W! with :3::A::A:, the :2::A+B: will hit, unless you input it too slow, but that's a given. I've been able to do this combo many times.

EDIT: Fixed up the style on my original post, too. Sorry about that.
Sweet. And you don't have to post in that style. It just makes my job a lot easier. :b

Combo List updated with more normal hit combos, wall combos, and tech traps.

I've discovered that JS CH 11/77B is very good at the end of a wall combo. It catches every tech direction and launches with a pretty nice damage opportunity and if they don't tech and block it, you're at a very nice advantage, +12, I think. 3B beats quick step or almost every counter attack, except Alpha Patty's CE and maybe a few others.

Edit: So, apparently the computer just sucks at running after a guard break. When testing Alpha Patty's CE counter, I stepped it on accident with ease. It's still very good, though. If they tech and you turn gloomy, big damage would be expected.

Vodka there are a few combos you didn't put into the combo list.
GS 4B:B:B. 2A+B. 44 (For meter and oki).
GS 3B. 4A. 4K. 66(Small dash). 4K. 666B best damage for no meter.
GS 3B. 4A. CE(Full animation).
GS 4A 66(Dash). 4K. 666B(Best damage off of 4A with no meter).
The first three work on everybody, the fourth I haven't tested on everbody.

3B 4A CE doesn't always get the full animation, does it? I could never get it to work, I'd assume it'd be a character-specific combo.

3B 4A CE doesn't always get the full animation, does it? I could never get it to work, I'd assume it'd be a character-specific combo.
I thought it was character specific too but actually, it isn't. The reason you might not be able to get it is because of the timing. It differs from character to character, but yeah, it works on everybody.

You need to hit the 3B at tip range actually. I tested it out on Leixia and it does work but ONLY if 3B hits at tip range. I tried it on her because I know that she's one of the characters that GS 3B 66K whiffs on...BUT that also works if you hit the 3B at tip range. So, both Tira's GS 3B 66K and GS 3B 4A CE seem viable.

So, yeah. If it's a tip-range combo, it's character specific normally. It's the same thing with GS 3B 66K.
I'll put that in there with a note soon, though. Thanks for the heads up.

Back