Tira General Discussion / Q&A

for some people asking about stance changes when being delt 145damage(60%) your forced to change your current stance. i just bought the strat guide and its in here so maybe will help you stay in GS some more ladies and gents

So guys I don't know if this is really known yet but I think Tira's hitbox is larger in Gloomy than Jolly. Found it by putzing around in the training mode with tech crouches etc. Well I ended up recording Pat to do 236AB. Jolly steps no problem to either side, Gloomy can't step it at all. =\ I dunno hopefully I'm wrong.

I personally don't like JS 4A that much anymore, within or outside of combos. Seen it too many times I side step, 3b punish a vertical and the 4a whiffs through their body no matter size of the character. So I don't trust the move as much anymore.

I should use JS 3K more. I have had some weird times I swear her toe has gone through their body instead of hitting, but maybe I was just spacing it wrong.

So guys I don't know if this is really known yet but I think Tira's hitbox is larger in Gloomy than Jolly. Found it by putzing around in the training mode with tech crouches etc. Well I ended up recording Pat to do 236AB. Jolly steps no problem to either side, Gloomy can't step it at all. =\ I dunno hopefully I'm wrong.

I will test this with a friend since that could dramatically change how spacing works. I hope you are wrong as well.

I personally don't like JS 4A that much anymore, within or outside of combos. Seen it too many times I side step, 3b punish a vertical and the 4a whiffs through their body no matter size of the character. So I don't trust the move as much anymore.

I should use JS 3K more. I have had some weird times I swear her toe has gone through their body instead of hitting, but maybe I was just spacing it wrong.

I will test this with a friend since that could dramatically change how spacing works. I hope you are wrong as well.
I'm checkin' it out now. Seems to be something with her quick step(or it could be a hitbox and regular step moves it off axis faster). Tested it with Cerv BBB which is super easy to step towards his left.
1)quick stepping after the second be to his right in jolly will lead to her getting hit everytime unless you're at very tip range.

2)single sidestep to his right in jolly evaded it about as often as she ate it.

3)Gloomy got hit everytime doing a single sidestep right and quick step unless at tip.

4)Jolly could evade the last hit every time by stepping to his left, be it with a single step or QS.

5) Gloomy can step it very consistently with a single sidestep, but quick step occasionally leads to her getting nailed by the last B.

Similar thing happened with Aeon BBB. Jolly can side step OR quick step the 2nd and 3rd hit to either side. Gloomy can avoid the 2nd with a qs or ss to either side, but can only get out of the way of the final with a single step either way.

I'm checkin' it out now. Seems to be something with her quick step(or it could be a hitbox and regular step moves it off axis faster). Tested it with Cerv BBB which is super easy to step towards his left.
1)quick stepping after the second be to his right in jolly will lead to her getting hit everytime unless you're at very tip range.

2)single sidestep to his right in jolly evaded it about as often as she ate it.

3)Gloomy got hit everytime doing a single sidestep right and quick step unless at tip.

4)Jolly could evade the last hit every time by stepping to his left, be it with a single step or QS.

5) Gloomy can step it very consistently with a single sidestep, but quick step occasionally leads to her getting nailed by the last B.

Similar thing happened with Aeon BBB. Jolly can side step OR quick step the 2nd and 3rd hit to either side. Gloomy can avoid the 2nd with a qs or ss to either side, but can only get out of the way of the final with a single step either way.

So in short, you are saying quick step in GS is not very effective being evasive, but it is in JS. That might explain why I thought I quick stepped certain moves playing a Voldo last weekend, and kept getting hit in GS. Just have to avoid quick step in Gloomy seems the best solution to movement.

I have a question vs Yoshi and his 2B+K teleport mixups. I was testing out ways that Tira may be able to better deal with them, and from what I found out in training is that her 7_8_9K seems to be somewhat decent at causing him to at least whiff his attacks a good amount of the time since it's fairly fast and it TJs and she does move forward a bit when you do it. She'll even sometimes hit hit him out of them if you time it right. I'm not sure how reliable this may be in an actual match but I was wondering if anyone else has any further insight on this.

What are you all using for soul gauge damage? I have gotten the opponent to a flashing red bar, but then start spamming garbage like GS 3AA which turns out to be a really bad idea as I have fallen over dead for it while not paying proper attention to my own lifebar.

3k is actually a pretty decent move, it has far range, hops over lows, cant be thrown, and is a nice move to set-up for spacing or whiff punishment afterward on hit or block. Only weakness is that it can be stepped, but its whiff recovery isnt too bad so they probabdly wont get a severe punish.

I'd just like to go on record and say how much I hate Natsu >.< How the hell are you meant to deal with that bitch? Also "Soul of Devil Douche" can sod off back to his own stupid game >.<

I haven't had as much trouble with Natsu as a few other characters, but it could just be I haven't fought any really good Natsu's, since she does seem to do ridiculous damage given how fast she is.

Jesus, Christ, Maxi seems like such an awful match up for Tira. You are pretty much free in JS, you cannot hit any kind of button, ever.

I've always been able to treat Raphael like Mitsurugi. You don't want to get hit and he can break guard pretty well, but you can step pretty well as their step punishers suck. 22A punishes both of them really hard. The only sucky thing is that I get thrown off by the apparent hit box changes between JS and GS

a couple questions

1) I see everyone always says 666B in gloomy as opposed to 66B. What's the difference?

2) What do you guys use for Soul Gauge damage? JS 66B is ok. I have a hard time getting GS 22B as often as I'd like. What about GS 44B/44?

Jesus, Christ, Maxi seems like such an awful match up for Tira. You are pretty much free in JS, you cannot hit any kind of button, ever.
I know, I was getting so massacred by a Maxi that I made a thread just for the matchup asking for help lol. The Maxi player walked me through his moves and explained how to counter them a bit so I do alright now but it's not something I feel comfortable trying to explain.

You really just have to learn his frames.

1) 666B does three more hits (in BE the last hit is a Break Attack making it safer, but mainly for the extra damage) but it also has a high chance of switching back to Jolly.) So if you are under 40% life (where mood change occurs) and in gloomy is may not be worth it (unless it will win the round).

2) GS 44A is a break attack, really quick and defeats sidestep. GS 6A is a quick hit and can be done from far away to keep it safe. On wakeup you can do Updraft-->B (break attack, hard to sidestep if they are in wakeup when you do it) and if they roll to evade they can't punish you. But doing this raw is a bad idea.

Back