Tira General Discussion / Q&A

You know, I was wondering but never really looked into it: is there a feature in training that lets you see what the frame data of each move like in DOA5? If not, how is the frame data determined? I'll check out training a little more thoroughly but I don't remember seeing it in there.

My, my.

So, uhm.. Guard Bursts.. Should I continue to use 9A after a Burst while in Jolly or is there a more worthwhile option?

My, my.

So, uhm.. Guard Bursts.. Should I continue to use 9A after a Burst while in Jolly or is there a more worthwhile option?
You mean 9B lol. There are tons of things to do post-GB. I always try to burst with 22_88B because of the combo, but you can also 66B combo(maybe even 33_99B hmmm), iWR B combo, or taunt.

You mean 9B lol. There are tons of things to do post-GB. I always try to burst with 22_88B because of the combo, but you can also 66B combo(maybe even 33_99B hmmm), iWR B combo, or taunt.
Indeed I do.. 9A would be tragic. --anywho. What's the best combo off of 22B's break? 3B 66A.A wouldn't be very good, 44K BT B+K.B would be alright, offers a shot at gloomy, etc.

If I remember correctly, iWR B doesn't do THAT much, though I guess it offers more damage. 9K may be decent.

Indeed I do.. 9A would be tragic. --anywho. What's the best combo off of 22B's break? 3B 66A.A wouldn't be very good, 44K BT B+K.B would be alright, offers a shot at gloomy, etc.

If I remember correctly, iWR B doesn't do THAT much, though I guess it offers more damage. 9K may be decent.
22_88B. 66K. 4K/CE/66A, A.

If you find some errors you could post your corrections so it can be updated. Most of it is probably accurate by now.

Tira's frame data changed drastically after the patch so I expect the data here is much more accurate. Also you've got JG frames here which are not available in the guide.

I doubt there is much left that is wrong. In fact if you want I can go through it to find anything I disagree with so you can double-check. Yeah I'll do that later actually, I'm not playing much these days so I might as well do something useful.
Well I notices her B K transition on impact does not do do 65 damage and the grim reaper doesn't do 80 damage, they seem to do 50 damage and also they say -50, is that supposed to be the health you gained? she only seems to gain 10 health points.
wile playing I noticed a few of her moves don't have guard break properties like it reads in her data too.

GS B+K deals 80 damage if tira is in very low health. 65 damage in yellow health.
JS B+K deals 65 damage on impact if tira's health is very low.

GB column on the frame data indicate the amount of times a move is blocked until a guard burst can be done.

Thanks, I didn't know her health affected her damage with that move. Something training cant teach ya. I was using all the guard breaks and a few seemed to do nothing compared to others with the same GB properties. It really sucks the book I bought doesn't have her current data.

Thanks, I didn't know her health affected her damage with that move. Something training cant teach ya. I was using all the guard breaks and a few seemed to do nothing compared to others with the same GB properties. It really sucks the book I bought doesn't have her current data.
I put the patch changes on this page: http://calibur.8wayrun.com/threads/tira-frame-data.9907/page-2

Maybe a mod could move this post into the main stickied Frame Data thread so that other players with the guide can use it for reference?

Heya Tira peeps!

I was just wondering if it's possile to do Tira's 8WR moves (22B and 22A) while charging forward against your opponent?

I've just been watching Shining Decopons matches and it seems like he can do Tira's GS: 22B without side-stepping at all, he just manages to get it instantly?

I know how to do say, 11B "instantly" by doing 441B but how can I do her sidesteps? Thanks folks! <3

Heya Tira peeps!

I was just wondering if it's possile to do Tira's 8WR moves (22B and 22A) while charging forward against your opponent?

I've just been watching Shining Decopons matches and it seems like he can do Tira's GS: 22B without side-stepping at all, he just manages to get it instantly?

I know how to do say, 11B "instantly" by doing 441B but how can I do her sidesteps? Thanks folks! <3
662B

Heya Tira peeps!

To do, for example 22_88A, while you're going forward (6), you do the motion of 632A or 698A. Though, you do the motion very slightly slower than you'd do, say Tira's 236K. It may take a little practice, but it's really easy once you get it down.

EDIT: Oreo's way works too. Guess whichever way feels more comfortable for you.

Fun fact: If the opponent JGs the 1st hit of Tira's JS 66K, they can duck the 2nd hit and punish or do nothing and auto-JG the second hit and punish with an i14(maybe i15 too) attack.

Here's another fun fact: Tira has alternate GS taunts when fighting Pyrrah/Pyrrah Omega, Pat/aPat, and NM. You have to be ducking when you taunt and Tira will do the taunt animation for JS where she wiggles her hips and blows a kiss but will say something different in her GS voice. Her quotes are in the wiki but here they are anyway:

To Pyrrah: "Hahah...toy!"
To Pat: "Fool...so red!"
To aPat: "Hah...fool!"
To Pyrrah Omega: "Stupid wen- playing dirty."
To NM: "Hahah...fake!"

If you duck while in GS and taunt against other characters, she'll say her usual "tear you to pieces!" but she'll still do her JS taunt animation.

Back