Tira General Discussion / Q&A

How do you fight against Nightmare, Astaroth etc when using Tira. I find it to be really difficult and lose most of those fights. Please help me by telling me possible movements and attacks that are useful against these characters.

What are some good initiative moves with Tira? I'm getting good at tearing my foes health bar apart when I finally catch them in my moves, but I feel like I don't know how to initiate well with her. What should I be doing, if not initiating the first strike?

To get the upper hand off the bat without attacking will be about avoiding the opponents initial attack. If you get hit, try avoiding their following mixups to put a stop to their momentum.

When you don't intend on attacking first, a backstep, jump back, blocking, or sidestep would be your go-to options.

This all depends on your matchup.

For, say Aeon, your best option is likely to block. His 66A has monstrous range.

However, a go-to starting move for my Pyrrha is a 6A+B. It'll catch the opponent if they try to attack me first. You can avoid this by stepping any non-forward direction. You'd then be able to 66B punish.

Against people like Nightmare with long range attacks, you'll have to try to pickup on their individual playstyle. His 3A.A has a quick startup and may catch a sidestep, so you may want to do a backstep guard. His 66B would likely catch your backstep.

To get the upper hand off the bat without attacking will be about avoiding the opponents initial attack. If you get hit, try avoiding their following mixups to put a stop to their momentum.

When you don't intend on attacking first, a backstep, jump back, blocking, or sidestep would be your go-to options.

This all depends on your matchup.

For, say Aeon, your best option is likely to block. His 66A has monstrous range.

However, a go-to starting move for my Pyrrha is a 6A+B. It'll catch the opponent if they try to attack me first. You can avoid this by stepping any non-forward direction. You'd then be able to 66B punish.

Against people like Nightmare with long range attacks, you'll have to try to pickup on their individual playstyle. His 3A.A has a quick startup and may catch a sidestep, so you may want to do a backstep guard. His 66B would likely catch your backstep.
Sounds like I have no choice but to play the waiting game & go through the pressure of always being attacked first. Is there no other way I can initiate the first strike, because I'm not much of a person to stand idly by & wait for my opponent to attack first.

JS 3K, 66K, and 44K are all somewhat fast moves with ok range for starting an offense and safe on block. In GS, I just mash the shit outta of her 2A.

66K is the only good move you've pretty much said. The rest of the moves are pretty shitty in trying to initiate with. Fuck it, I give up on trying to initiate with her. I suppose she's just simply not good at doing it. Which is a huge factor in being a good fighter. Unless I find out otherwise by myself when I keep playing as her. Waiting for my enemy to give me a chance or to fuck up is pretty hard for me & it's a really big game changer, because I'm used to charging mugs down. I'm either fucking your gauge or your health, pick one! Lol, it's a whole different story with Tira.

Edit: I did learn however, that Tira is extremely good at out jabbing her opponents better then most can. However, this requires you to get up close & to get up close without getting fucked from a distance, you need to initiate. Characters like Ivy, Asta, Sieg, Nighty, Xib, or any other ranged asshole will be most capable of raping my health before getting in close. Life as Tira is great, isn't it?

Last edited:
What the fuck is going on in here?!

Lord DEX asks for advice, Harry offers some, Lord DEX says its shit while saying good shit about offense.

Do all the moves!
One does not simply get in to close quarters combat without being able to initiate the first strike & safely make it there in the first place. Where you'll start, you'll always be at a distant from your foe. You have a weapon that doesn't reach as long as most characters do, so what can you do to make it there safely? Not much safety to it, you just gotta hope you don't get banged so hard. I know Asty & Sieg are great at keeping foes a distance. It's safe & it's a great way to initiate.

Lord DEX does not say vague shit! n.n In fact, Vodka pretty much just confirmed she's not meant to be that way. If playing the waiting game is her best course of action towards winning, then I got to find a different way of playing her. I can't go bull rushing, berserker charge safely straight into my enemy with her, unless I get lucky & catch my enemy by interrupting them, but that's not going to be easy unless I'm up close & personal where she could be kissing your neck. Her jabbing game up close is very good.

66aa keeps fucking me up; I tried using just 66a, but that doesn't work either. It still gets punished just as badly. 66B, 66K, & jumping atks are like my best options for getting there, but if I use those, I won't be able to do anything but block or GI after that. Dun wurry, Lord DEX will figure this shit out eventually. I can at least say I'm getting good at ripping them apart if I do get some hits in. It's just getting there is a problem, that's all. I'm even using a CaS at height 4 with her weapon.

Edit: What is Tira capable of in a successful 22A?

If I hit a 22A in jolly, I like to go for a grab, or AA for guaranteed damage. I don't like using 4k afterwards like most Tiras.

If I hit a 22A in jolly, I like to go for a grab, or AA for guaranteed damage. I don't like using 4k afterwards like most Tiras.
I do 4K 'cause I like to think that juuuuuuuuuust maybe Tira will be my friend and turn Gloomy.

She rarely does.
She's a... wonderful person.
I hate her.
I hate that I love her.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkay

I completed my basic training with her. As of now, she's a really damn good character, but I feel as if her status chart is a lie. It doesn't seem accurate at all. Right now I'm currently training with my next character & that's Pyrrha. As Tira's status chart shows, she has more Atk rate, (Which I think of as combos or just hits in a combo) power, & reach over Pyrrha. Tira's range, I'll give her that, but as for her power & atk rate, I don't think it's better then Pyrrha's. Pyrrha does more dmg with less atks & has more combo's it seems with a lot more hits to add.

I love Tira, but I feel as if her status chart was cheated & some of the moves given to her were completely stupid & doesn't serve so much of a purpose. The one I hate the most is how they make her hold her damn head if you use 4K. Another is A+B I believe, where she head bangs her own weapon. Unless it was to instantly change persona, I could see reason, but since it's like a 40-60 (what it seems like to me), it serves as a horrible purpose. Another bad thing I really hate is how she damages herself. It's not paper cut dmg either. It's a pretty good chunk that builds through various button inputs. By adding it all together it's like taking Astaroth's A or B for free (or Viola's aa or bb). It really sucks when your damaged enough. The enemy doesn't have to do shit, but watch you kill yourself.

What I think what should have been done to her is no persona changing at all, a remake of her moves list between JS & GS (Or completely different, one that shows promise in her status chart), no bullshit animation of head injury, & no damaging yourself. I don't know what's with all this bullshit they tried doing with her anyway. Should of just kept her like how she was in SCIII but improved per game. Now she's just a mixed bag of bad girl or good girl. When it could have been above average all the way.

Tsk.

I completed my basic training with her. As of now, she's a really damn good character, but I feel as if her status chart is a lie. It doesn't seem accurate at all. Right now I'm currently training with my next character & that's Pyrrha. As Tira's status chart shows, she has more Atk rate, (Which I think of as combos or just hits in a combo) power, & reach over Pyrrha. Tira's range, I'll give her that, but as for her power & atk rate, I don't think it's better then Pyrrha's. Pyrrha does more dmg with less atks & has more combo's it seems with a lot more hits to add.

I love Tira, but I feel as if her status chart was cheated & some of the moves given to her were completely stupid & doesn't serve so much of a purpose. The one I hate the most is how they make her hold her damn head if you use 4K. Another is A+B I believe, where she head bangs her own weapon. Unless it was to instantly change persona, I could see reason, but since it's like a 40-60 (what it seems like to me), it serves as a horrible purpose. Another bad thing I really hate is how she damages herself. It's not paper cut dmg either. It's a pretty good chunk that builds through various button inputs. By adding it all together it's like taking Astaroth's A or B for free (or Viola's aa or bb). It really sucks when your damaged enough. The enemy doesn't have to do shit, but watch you kill yourself.

What I think what should have been done to her is no persona changing at all, a remake of her moves list between JS & GS (Or completely different, one that shows promise in her status chart), no bullshit animation of head injury, & no damaging yourself. I don't know what's with all this bullshit they tried doing with her anyway. Should of just kept her like how she was in SCIII but improved per game. Now she's just a mixed bag of bad girl or good girl. When it could have been above average all the way.

Tsk.
If they were to take away her personas, it would be SC3 all over again. Personally, I like the stances, I just feel we need more control over them. I liked how the BEs pre-patch were a 100% change rate.

Back