Tira General Discussion / Q&A

JS 3A is a good interrupt move for characters like Natsu who don't have range. The range on this attack is terrible but it's good to interrupt if someone is really close to you. JS 4B is also good if they're in your face.

If you are JS fighting against Xiba and he is on the floor and you don't have meter or do not wish to use JS 66B BE, always try to hit him with 11B. If he is going for the ground A+B there's a high chance Tira will lift him up for a nice BT B+K B followup or mood change (then BT B+K 66B). this also will discourage them from using this.

JS WR K is also a good alternative to interrupt.

Do you guys change your gameplay style depending on your stance? I used Tira in SCIV and I'm planning on getting back into her in V. Just something to improve my game.

Attention all you JS haters and JS white knights. I got a hint that JS is getting some buffs in the coming patch. Get hype! Hopefully GS stays the same minus 6A taking life.

That reminds me, I discovered last night that 4A deals the damage to tira after the hit. I won a match last night with what I expected to be a double KO, but instead got a straight win. I dunno if this was common knowledge, but it was a fun discovery for me

Attention all you JS haters and JS white knights. I got a hint that JS is getting some buffs in the coming patch. Get hype! Hopefully GS stays the same minus 6A taking life.
Hint from where? O_O;; (Also hope the patch nerfs Natsu, fuck that bitch! >.<)

Out-dated randomness: You guys must have noticed there's no single A+K move in the game (at least I don't think there is), I wonder why that is. They think newbies are too retarded to push two buttons that aren't together or work out they can assign it to another button?

Well I won't drop names. I wasn't supposed to say anything about the patch but guess it doesn't matter now. Tira apparently will be receiving over 30 changes. Who knows what that could mean for us.

Hint from where? O_O;; (Also hope the patch nerfs Natsu, fuck that bitch! >.<)

Out-dated randomness: You guys must have noticed there's no single A+K move in the game (at least I don't think there is), I wonder why that is. They think newbies are too retarded to push two buttons that aren't together or work out they can assign it to another button?

Only yoshi kept his. Which is why it confuses me of he keeps his and everyone else lost them.

Well I won't drop names. I wasn't supposed to say anything about the patch but guess it doesn't matter now. Tira apparently will be receiving over 30 changes. Who knows what that could mean for us.
30? Holy shit! Must mostly be minor tweaks, hoping she gets a couple of old moves back as well.

I don't like the sound of this at all. She is my favourite character in the game which is why I'm trying to main her. She's one of the only characters I feel that Namco got right first time.

Oh no... 30 changes... I can only expect nerfs to key things of my game and buffs I don't care about. I'm pretty happy with Tira right now. I don't really think she needs much, but if you want to give me more stuff, sure.

I do expect a lot of these "changes" will be hitbox fixes and buffs to JS. I expect nerfs for GS. The funny thing is, there's stuff I've discovered I haven't revealed yet ^_^ . It would be funny if they nerfed/buffed it.

Nah, she'll just get a unique taunt for each character in the game.
That'd still be pretty cool :P

I'm hoping JS will get her old moves back; 2A+B, 1aB(?), 44A.B, A+B and probably a couple I've forgotten :P And while we're at it, give CH WSB back the extra animation that only 7/8/9B get now.

For me it means my my 40$ guide will be useless now :( .

Please keep us updated here if you know anything more about this supposed patch.

Back