Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Edit: I read the guide wrong, I am use to the first row be frames, not damage.

Jolly is really only good if you have no life at the end of the round to spare.
Even then it's not good it's just less bad. Especially if you have a lot of damage to make up.

about Tira's WR K...I read in the guide that it can RO and wall splat...I haven't been able to get it to wall splat at all, either to try and start a wall combo or in the middle of a wall combo. Am I missing something here? Other than that, I think it's actually a very good move, more so if you can do iWR K since it TC, TJs and isn't that unsafe on block.

I don't use 22B much outside wakeup. The range is poor, it's linear, and slow.

JS is ok I find, better than 4, but to do damage u have to go GS.

Been having some problems with some mitsu's using their back step stab move. Anyone got some answers on punishing this stupid move?

Been having some problems with some mitsu's using their back step stab move. Anyone got some answers on punishing this stupid move?
GS 66B will beat it every time since it lasts so long he will step forward back into it. Also GS 6A can beat it if you space it right.

is there a specific way to get WR K to wallsplat? I'm not able to do it despite the guide stating that it's possible.

i think that you push the opponent forward and to the right, so maybe try from that angle.
I tried to do it that way and got it to work once. I don't know, I was really hopeful that it would be a reliable way to wallsplat, but it doesn't seem to be the case :/

I can't seem to get 4K to turn me into the gloomy stance after I do 66B 4A 4K, I'm still in jolly stance. Is it because of my meter being full? Tira gets a headache it looks like and doesn't switch

It's not a 100% chance that you will change personas. Most of her moves just have a chance that you will switch from JS to GS(vice versa). I wish we could have a list of which move is more likely to change than others or something like that. For now, just think that 4K is one of the most random moves in this case.

It's not a 100% chance that you will change personas. Most of her moves just have a chance that you will switch from JS to GS(vice versa). I wish we could have a list of which move is more likely to change than others or something like that. For now, just think that 4K is one of the most random moves in this case.

Ahh thanks, so I most likely can't use that combo I saw

You just have to use bar to make sure you change stance. Jolly 66B BE and 236 K BE change you on hit. Those are the two I usually use.

sometimes i see people throw in several 4k trying to increase the chance to keep a combo going, but usually unwise unless you have roughly a bar of meter to work with.

does anyone know if the update on SC5 makes it so that tira has a chance to start round 1 gloomy??? becuase the other day i was in a tournment and started round 1 Gloomy then later that night i was in training and started gloomy. anyone else have this happen>???

Back