Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Yes I also started games in gloomy, its totally random I think, although there more chance to start in jolly I guess

I'm a Tira noob (only started playing her last week), and I'm having trouble trying to find how to interrupt players with a quick attack in JS. In GS, I usually just use 3AA to get characters like Natsu or Pyrrha off me when I see an opening, since it's i14 and relatively safe on block. But in JS, it seems like most of Tira's quick attacks hit high, and I end up getting punished badly by their tech crouch moves. I think I also rely too much on her JS 6AB into WR BKK, since it's such a noob killer, but doesn't work at all on better players who can block the low. What are some of Tira's best moves in JS for just poking or getting people off her?

Also, I'm using GS 22B a lot on oki as suggested on the forums here, but not sure what the best follow-up is when they're block-stunned. The guide doesn't seem to indicate how many frames they're stunned for. Is there anything guaranteed or should I just go for a mixup between 3AA, 236K, or a throw? Or throw out another 22B?

GS 22b is -8 on block so it is a great tool, you need to start a mix up of those move listed above since usually you are not in throw range, but also throw in GS 66a in there once they don't hit buttons since that is +4 on block i22 high that tracks both ways for steppers. You can also use 11a if they are content pressuring you with highs after 22b.

Wait I'm at disadvantage after using GS 22B?! I thought as a break attack I'd have the frame advantage afterwards if they block.

Umm... you sure you're not getting your numbers mixed up? 2 is down, GS 22B is the guard break (or break attack as they're called now) attack where Tira slams her ringblade straight down into the ground. I'm pretty sure it has no BE version, you might be thinking of GS 66(6)B (BE)...

Can someone help me with this 40% goes to GS statement I keep hearing about? I'm sure I've been in JS with less than 40% life. Does it mean that moves with random transition guarantee transition into GS with 40% life or less?

what this means is when your opponent does 60% damage to you tira changes her current stance. So if your in gloomy you go into jolly at 40% and other way around if your in jolly you turn gloomy once you hit 40% hope that helps

what do you guys use for CH fishing. I get people in situations all the time where I get advantage and stuff their next attack. But I'm probably not using the best CH tools and they really aren't all that scary.

I like 8/9B since wrB no longer gets the extra damage/animation on CH :( JS 44B if you can find a way of sneaking it in. There was one guy who kept trying to attack me in the middle of JS 6AB and never air recovered in the right direction (or at all) so kept getting lots of extra JS BT B+KB damage :D And my personal favourite GS 66K AKA the face slide :D

i swear to god they need to buff jollyside. Its just not a viable way to fight at all. Tira has sooo many restriction as it is, horrrible punishing, health loss on moves, and random mode swings. the least they could do is improve jolly side

what do you guys use for CH fishing. I get people in situations all the time where I get advantage and stuff their next attack. But I'm probably not using the best CH tools and they really aren't all that scary.
i use GS 2a, 4k, 3aa as interpt moves

How does Tira fare against speedy characters like Natsu, Alpha and Maxi?
I currently main Hilde, but she just cannot fight those 3 for her life! I'm looking for a good sub to help me with some of her weakest match-ups.

I know spacing in jolly is a good strategy for close range characters. I use the guide's strategy and poke in jolly then close in and be more aggressive in gloomy.

Do you guys think Tira is top tier and or good enough to win tournaments, I know right now my lack of knowledge of every character is holding me back, but I'm really liking Tira but my results aren't good at all using her. As I've been a sword and shield player forever. But always wanted to play Tira, just wondering how you guys feel. I know a good Tira player and he doesn't feel she is that strong and once you seen her and what she can do she is easy to beat.

Tira definitely isn't top tier.
Easy explanation: GS isn't top tier. So why would GS + JS be top tier?
Hard explanation: Easy explanation with fluff to make you sound like you know what you're talking about.

I do see her winning tournaments though. I've never felt so confident in winning local tournaments with a character in all my years. She has problems, but the damage output she gets off combos is very high, and GS, though not top tier, is pretty close to it with some ridiculous frames on moves. I'm putting her as a mid tier character at this point. JS really does hold her back a lot. I think going forward we'll have to discuss JS more and GS less in order to advance her game.

Back