Tira General Discussion / Q&A

It feels kinda like groping in the dark to actually get JS B+K to work against half the cast given its damage threshold and how I'm imagining any worthwhile player wouldn't go for an attack that would allow the Grim Reaper follow up to work. Or did I just completely drop the ball and forget something important?

(I'm assuming I am forgetting something important not because I believe I did but rather because it's a pattern I've noticed with me and vidja gaemz >.> )

Also, the Mitsurugi gauge gain guide is even MOAR in-depth. That's like really really impressive shit since the Einsants Calcatrix guide is so good already.

It feels kinda like groping in the dark to actually get JS B+K to work against half the cast given its damage threshold and how I'm imagining any worthwhile player wouldn't go for an attack that would allow the Grim Reaper follow up to work. Or did I just completely drop the ball and forget something important?
Don't forget you can hit A+B anytime during the Revenge animation to cancel straight into an attack (albeit a self-damaging one with very short range)

I'm giving up on this game it has completely become crap. None of the frames make any logical sense and attacking after being hit takes advantage. Nothing in this game is correct and ppl can do whatever the F*ck they want its pointless. Negatives don't mean shit and positives is a lie. I give up until they can make this game right.

Just finished watching the Live stream of the EdgeMaster series. The winner...was a Tira player. There performance was incredible, despite the nerfs. This just proves that even with the deck stacked against her, Tira still has a chance. Watching them play was very inspirational.

Watching the SCV World Tournament. Hyrul was just eliminated in the losers bracket. His performance with Tira was a bit disappointing this time around, but what the hell do I know? Lol. At least Tira was in a tournament of this calibur. But I don't know, it seemed like Hyrul couldn't quite get in a comfortable position with Tira.

Studying moves that provide a substantial amount meter. From what i found...

Moves:

JS 66B, 4A, LCH 11B
GS 6A, 66A, 2A+B, CH 66K, 44B+K, 4A, 44[ B], 4BBB
4B+K B
CH 8_9 B
CH 8K UD
WR B
WR B K (UD A/B/K)
6A+B

Combos:

JS 66B, 4A, 2B
JS 66B, A+B
JS 66B, 22B
GS 4BBB, 44[ B]
GS 4BBB, 2A+B, 44
GS 4BBB, 4A, 4K, 4K, 666B
GS CH 2A+B, 4A, 4K, 666B
GS 3B, 4A, 4K, 666B
GS 3B, 66K
WR B, 4B+K B (Tech Trap)

Hey, i wanted to ask, i was thinking about making Tira my secondary but i wanna know what it takes to be a good Tira, and what Tira is all about. Can someone explain to me?

I'd say you have to really practice with her. Because she's got two moods and randomly changes, you'll have to know which moves change and be ready to act on them. I hope you like her, though! :D

I'd say you have to really practice with her. Because she's got two moods and randomly changes, you'll have to know which moves change and be ready to act on them. I hope you like her, though! :D
Yeah, watching some Tira's play me and replays of Tira has me interested. Since Mitsu is my main i want a different, interesting character when i want to try something different. So Tira was my pick xD. And arent you a pretty experienced Tira btw?

I'd say so, yes. I'm the best Tira I've fought, though there's been a few who are close.
I entered practice mode with her to use and play with all of her moves. Lots of persona switches. And Tira has some pretty wild CH combos. And that Gloomy Low attack...(dont remember notation) does about 75ish damage. She's gunna be tricky to get a hold of, but i think its worth it, considering shes an interesting character to me.

EDIT: Lmao. I cant do :4::B+K::B: ~:2::3::6::kA+B+K: (Combo 4) tricky execution...

I entered practice mode with her to use and play with all of her moves. Lots of persona switches. And Tira has some pretty wild CH combos. And that Gloomy Low attack...(dont remember notation) does about 75ish damage. She's gunna be tricky to get a hold of, but i think its worth it, considering shes an interesting character to me.

EDIT: Lmao. I cant do :4::B+K::B: ~:2::3::6::kA+B+K: (Combo 4) tricky execution...

The Gloomy Side (GS) 75 damage attack you're referring to is her GS 44(B) is actually a mid. I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone thinks that it's a low when they first see/use it. It definitely looks like it'd be a low. It can be pretty useful for ending some combos, and it TCs so you can go under highs with it too.

As for the combo, you may want to try slowing down the execution from the :4::B+K::B: to the :2::3::6::kA+B+K: portion. The timing's pretty lenient on it, and it may help.

The Gloomy Side (GS) 75 damage attack you're referring to is her GS 44(B) is actually a mid. I think it's safe to say that pretty much everyone thinks that it's a low when they first see/use it. It definitely looks like it'd be a low. It can be pretty useful for ending some combos, and it TCs so you can go under highs with it too.

As for the combo, you may want to try slowing down the execution from the :4::B+K::B: to the :2::3::6::kA+B+K: portion. The timing's pretty lenient on it, and it may help.
Thanks for the advice! And yeah, i notice now that its a mid. So basically people trying to go crouch block are gonna get bodied xD..

Yeah, her 44(B) is a beastly move. I recently discovered that it connects after 3B 4A 4K if they don't tech, doing 3 less damage than 66B (unless near a wall/edge, it'll do more), but staying in gloomy and building great gauge.

Also, if they don't tech, 4B.B.B 4A 4K 22_88B 666B connects. :)

Uh, don't remind me. You did that to me tonight and for some reason I kept trying to crouch block it(44B) aware that it's a mid *AND* after blocking it >.>

Instinct: 1
Knowledge: 0

...That is one fucked up score.

Uh, don't remind me. You did that to me tonight and for some reason I kept trying to crouch block it(44B) aware that it's a mid *AND* after blocking it >.>
What's weird is... I didn't even do many lows. So it's kinda weird that you'd block that move. I wasn't doing mixups and mindraping you. o.o;

But it's awshum! I heart Tira again.. But I'll be one happy camper if they decide to be un-dumb and change the Brave Edges back. (Gloomy B+K aGI changes, too, please. <3)

Back