Tira General Discussion / Q&A

3B → 4A → 666B is a good ender too. Removes the chance of 4K causing you to go into Jolly and lose dat juicy 666B damage.

Knockdown fishing: throws, JS 1K, 1A, GS 4K, 6K, GS 3AA/GS3AaA+B+K, A+B, GS 4A, JS BT B+KB, GS B+K, many more.
Stepkillers: GS 6A, JS 66AA, GS 66A, UD A, JS 6A, WR A, GS 3AA, JS 3A, JS 44A series, JMP A, GS 44A, 22_88A, GS 66/666B(sometimes), Slide(sometimes), AA, GS 4A, throws, 1A, 1K, 1B(?).

Whiff punishment: JS 6AB, GS 33*99B, 4 B+KB, 6B, JS 4A, 236236A+B+K, JS 44B, GS 66B series, GS 3AA/GS3AaA+B+K, GS 3_33_99B, GS 4B:B:B, 22_88A.

Persona shift fishing: JS 11*99B(CH)

GS 4B: B: B: A less reliable version of GS 3B/GS 33*99B with greater potential damage and much much much x 10 more risk. Usually GS 3B/GS 33*99B is a better option with its TC and MUCH(well vs guard and JG) better frames and you don't need to worry about getting a couple of JFs to avoid being forced back to Jolly.

JS B+K: This is a very, very BAD attack. Check the sticky thread.

Taunt: Tira is NOT the only character with a practical, non-psychological reason to taunt. Her taunt has a more or less 50/50 chance of persona shift, so it's great to get back to Gloomy when you've got some space and time to do so.
Fixed and everybody's taunt is practical. I use taunts all the time to get some to attack or to put us at neutral. Aside from that, I think Algol's TCes(SCIV's did. Not sure if its the same), Astaroth's MIGHT TC, and Z.W.E.I.'s taunt cancels E.I.N.

Oh, Tira... Tira, Tira, Tira..
But after waiting so many years, the reborn Azure Knight was not at all what Tira had hoped for. He curried favor with human nations, scheming in secret and gathering souls from the shadows. Tira could barely stand to loop upon this cowardly Nightmare. "He's an imposter! I will never accept him!"
And yet her.. motto or whatever for this game was.. "Dark wings that plot in secret."
What a dummy.. lol

You guys do know that ending her BnBs with 666bBE IS worth it, right?

666bBE will catch all ukemi options if timed correctly, dealing a shitload of damage. That won't work with the regular 666b. If they don't ukemi, its still completely guaranteed. And even if 666bBE changes you to Jolly, you get plenty of space to perform a taunt shenanigan to go back to GS.

To be completely honest, there's virtually no reason to attempt the 1a/44b/662b mixup after her GS 3B unless you don't have meter, don't want to spend it, or have them conditioned to stay down, since 666bBE does similar if not more damage.

I do agree that its a bad idea to end her lengthy wall combos with 666bBE, however. It only adds 2-4 more damage and the tech trap options aren't available on a wall.

I'm having trouble maintaining offense while in Gloomy. At the moment it feels like I just use 3B and 6A or 44B if I suspect a high coming. What else should I be using?

I'm having trouble maintaining offense while in Gloomy. At the moment it feels like I just use 3B and 6A or 44B if I suspect a high coming. What else should I be using?
Tira has tons of good moves while in GS. It really depends on what's going on at the time, but some good moves to help maintain a strong offense aside from what you listed are: 44K, 66B/666B, 2A, AA, BB, 4K, 4A, 66K, 1K, 3K, 22_88A, 3AA.

GS Tira is very strong, and it really comes down to developing your own flow to know when/how to use each of these moves.

LOL! If your Gloomy CE whiffs mid-string and they try to CE you between the second-to-last and last hit, you see them start up in slow motion (doesn't go to the different angles, etc.) and then they glitch back to their standard pose.

At least her CE whiff is kind of defensive. :b

Edit:
-Nightmare's still goes and impacts you leading to his standard impact CE.
-Xiba's impacts but he doesn't attack, though he can input stuff, he's got quite the advantage.. If he doesn't (or does, whatever works), you'll both glow for a while.. xD
-Dampierre's impacts, but he keeps standing there as if he hadn't, then says his usual CE fail "Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait!!" You can get a hard-hitting combo off him here. 3B 4A 4K seems to always make him land with his head towards you, letting you do another 4K.
-Alpha can do two CE's here.. The first one glitches, the second one, he shoots past you.

It seems those are the only ones that stand a chance, the others just glitch and they're able to block.. If you hit, you do 50 damage. Most people won't know to block seeing as there's really no reason for them to glitch, but I'm sure most characters will be able to block the hit.

Someone should make a video of the CE whiffs.. You can do GS 4A CE on Viola or someone short, have them stand up and block and do their CE and have it glitch.. Maybe if you get good examples of the messed up glitches, Namco will fix her CE. :o

I need a move / notation identification:

What is the move where Tira kinda jumps on the opponent and mangles his neck / head with her ring blade like it was a circular saw ?

Should be some mean CH attack throw property, one that I haven't found in her move list.

Back