Tira General Discussion / Q&A

Hey does anyone have any advice as to what's best to use when closing distance with Tira? Both in Jolly and Gloomy since I may as well hear what you all have to say. This is a big issue for me because I'm a very aggressive player who doesn't turtle well. Her Jolly 66AA is good , when it hits, otherwise you're fucked. Other than that I can't really seem to find a solid technique for getting into my zone.
668 B maybe? Is her Jolly 66K good or too punishable?

For the most part you'll have to rely on good movement to get in and controlling the space in front of you so you're not just a spacing target. For JS 668B is definitely good for that specific purpose as are 6A, 6AB (CH fishing for + frames), 6B, 66B, and 662A (depending on the matchup). JS 66K isn't punishable unless stepped or JGed then ducked. GS doesn't control space as well but you can poke at them with 6B and 6A at least until you get to the range you want to reach and get in closer with 2A+B but it's pretty linear. Cannon drill (236K BE) covers a good bit of distance.

Okay, then I've been doing the right stuff! I guess I'm just having a bad run is all. I really think 've leveled down the past week or so. I'm really losing most of my matches with Tira lately, which is awful!
I gotta get back in there!
Also, would any of you Tira players out there be willing to start running some player match lobbies? Or colosseo meetups if we have enough people?
I've thought about hosting lobbies for mirrors/practice before but haven't really had anything come of it. Some friends and I were thinking of hosting lobbies/lounges regardless too (although not strictly Tira). I just really want to see what you guys can do so I can kind of gauge (or we all can) our skills against each other.

As I've mentioned several times before I'm currently working on a Jolly Side video guide/project. I'll be covering signature moves and their uses, guard burst setups, mixups/setups/techniques and random character specific shit. Here are some examples of what I've discovered so far which you will see when i publish it.

Mixup -

Following WR B/CH K, Updraft K, 2K:

Perfect opportunity to use 236K BE or throw on wakeup as it is hard to tech from 2K CH. And if they decide to roll,
66B/BE will catch rolls of front, right and back
G, 3B will catch rolls of front and left

(^^ I've noticed Decopon did a bit of this at WGC. I need to run more tests with this though)

Guard burst setup/combo:
GB with 6B or 3K would give you the quickest recovery following a successful guard burst, and the following combo will work if timed properly
66B, 4A, CE (full animation) ~80 damage

Sweet, I'm a little surprised by the lack of Tira content around. Real glad to hear you've been working on something, tech traps are not my main focus, at least I don't actively think about them so something like this would be real useful for me just to show me what's best for what. I wing everything.

Sweet, I'm a little surprised by the lack of Tira content around. Real glad to hear you've been working on something, tech traps are not my main focus, at least I don't actively think about them so something like this would be real useful for me just to show me what's best for what. I wing everything.

Good to know. Basically there are more posts of complaints and casual talk about Tira than there is about her gameplay.

Hey does anyone have any advice as to what's best to use when closing distance with Tira? Both in Jolly and Gloomy since I may as well hear what you all have to say. This is a big issue for me because I'm a very aggressive player who doesn't turtle well. Her Jolly 66AA is good , when it hits, otherwise you're fucked. Other than that I can't really seem to find a solid technique for getting into my zone.
668 B maybe? Is her Jolly 66K good or too punishable?
Gloomy: 2 A+B is quite the gap closer. For jolly I would have to say 66K although not the best move but a good gap closer also 66A not finishing gets you in there often without getting punished due to the fact that most opponents are expecting you to follow up with the other A. Hope this helps!

Gloomy: 2 A+B is quite the gap closer. For jolly I would have to say 66K although not the best move but a good gap closer also 66A not finishing gets you in there often without getting punished due to the fact that most opponents are expecting you to follow up with the other A. Hope this helps!
Danke! I used to use Gloomy 2 A+B all the time, but it's so linear! Good people have got me figured out and sidestep me almost everytime. :/
Also I've started using J 66k once again, and J 66A does work better than expected usually. Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm going to see if I can go put frames to use. >_>

GS 6A will stop people from sidestepping at 2A+B range.
I've been trying to integrate that into my playstyle, I usually switch off between that and 6b.
I'm pretty sure I got pissed recently when Pyrrah DNS and stabbed me though lol. 6A is pretty beastly l, it does a surprising amount of damage.

So, recently I've been running into problems vs Alpha Pat. My question is, should I be content with just poking or should I still risk things and risk the big counter hit dmg? It seems like Alpha Pat (along with the Pyrrahs) seem so safe that it's hard for me to find that window of opportunity. Any help would be appreciated.

So, recently I've been running into problems vs Alpha Pat. My question is, should I be content with just poking or should I still risk things and risk the big counter hit dmg? It seems like Alpha Pat (along with the Pyrrahs) seem so safe that it's hard for me to find that window of opportunity. Any help would be appreciated.
Although I do not have a ton of experience with Alpha Pat, I would recommend playing safer against him as he has amazing punishment. Punishing him for his twisters is very important.

With Edge Master being the biggest bitch for me in Legendary Souls, just wait for the mofo to throw something unsafe out. Be safe and poke his ass every chance you get until he tries for something punishable like his twisters.
Also, Tira's A+B and Gloomy B+K will auto-GI his Twisters as well as most of his other high damaging verticals. If you see an A-Pat setting up for a Twister, you might want to try for one as they can open up some great opportunities for damage. (A+B ~ 3b combos and such/or a sexy 50 damage throw with some life regeneration.) Watch for those fishy 2ks and 2k+bs. (Or whatever his huge over-arcing kick input is. )
I personally go toe to toe with A-pats everybody since turtling isn't my thing, but just be safe about it, get up in his face but don't throw out anything that leaves you open.
(I should take my own advice sometime. I 3b all the time thinking it'll do something when I really just get block punished.)
I'm just not that good
Getting better though

Back