Tira General Discussion / Q&A

236K BE only connects after 3B
I was saying as a mixup. I use either 66B or 236K after 3B if I don't go for the guaranteed 66A.A. The 66B makes them get into the habit of blocking and they will often not guard the low. The low makes them duck and get launched by 66B. All, of course, depending on the opposing player's reaction time.
It connects after JS 3B, JS 66B, 4B+K B just to name some a few. Learn your character.
They were saying that 236K alone doesn't connect, but I wasn't implying it did. Simply an error in communication.

Is GS 3B~4A~AA~CE a natural combo? I was playing against another Tira and it looked pretty tough to pull off.
It connects easily, however they can escape by aerial controlling back (first hit will sometimes connect, others will whiff and they can block) or back+direction (all will whiff).

A question to fellow Tira players.
Do you think Tira would be too op if she was 100% on Gloomy side?
I mean if they drop her jolly side,Would she be too op for SCV?

sry i suck at explaining stuff.
And if it's a wrong place for this post.

They said during production that if Tira were only Gloomy, she'd be top tier.

I believe it 100% 'cause Gloomy kicks too much bootay.

I feel Jolly needs a bit of a buff, but she does need Jolly to balance her.

post.
Yeah.
Just the staple 3B combo for 90+ damage would be too good if there were no downside.

A lot of matchups would become plain ridiculous.

65 damage for a -12 punish. Enormous damage for almost any just guard.

Not to mention having the Grim Reaper at your constant disposal. That move is one of my favorite string stoppers. I always use it on people that don't hit confirm Natsu's 6B+K.B.B.B.

Speaking of B+K, what do you guys think of if they also made the B+K grab into a command grab? Something with around the same difficulty of Ivy's. I think it'd be pretty cool and very useful. It would definitely make GS better than it already is.

I'd love that...
And i~B+K lol.

And maybe turn her normal B+K in the one JS had in SC4,a.k.a 666B.

Speaking of B+K, what do you guys think of if they also made the B+K grab into a command grab? Something with around the same difficulty of Ivy's. I think it'd be pretty cool and very useful. It would definitely make GS better than it already is.
Are you thinking power boost? or would it still heal? CS in this game doesn't flow at all imo so if it were a similar input, it wouldn't be worth a flat 50..
And maybe turn her normal B+K in the one JS had in SC4,a.k.a 666B.
I HATED that.. Take globs and GLOBS of damage in Jolly only to hurt yourself even more if they trigger the counter again.. >.<

Also, Tira's revenge (B+K) is actually quite bad compared to the other characters' who have one..

Voldo's isn't great, super slow startup, but quite strong if I remember correctly.
Astaroth's can get MONSTER damage, safe to throw out as a form of defense, and he's got some invincible frames so characters with too fast B.B's will ghost through him..
Rugi's is again somewhat safe to throw out, I'm not sure if he's invincible, but whatever.

Really, the only benefit I see from it is the gauge boost and if you don't get Einsatz off on the right move, it could hurt waaaay more than it's worth. The +10 or so HP hardly helps and isn't really worth the minus bajillion frames you are if you don't get the impact.

Are you thinking power boost? or would it still heal? CS in this game doesn't flow at all imo so if it were a similar input, it wouldn't be worth a flat 50..

I HATED that.. Take globs and GLOBS of damage in Jolly only to hurt yourself even more if they trigger the counter again.. >.<

Also, Tira's revenge (B+K) is actually quite bad compared to the other characters' who have one..

Voldo's isn't great, super slow startup, but quite strong if I remember correctly.
Astaroth's can get MONSTER damage, safe to throw out as a form of defense, and he's got some invincible frames so characters with too fast B.B's will ghost through him..
Rugi's is again somewhat safe to throw out, I'm not sure if he's invincible, but whatever.

Really, the only benefit I see from it is the gauge boost and if you don't get Einsatz off on the right move, it could hurt waaaay more than it's worth. The +10 or so HP hardly helps and isn't really worth the minus bajillion frames you are if you don't get the impact.
Definitely a damage buff to around 70 damage. Or, they could keep it at 50~60 and give it greater healing power.

sry i suck at explaining stuff.
And if it's a wrong place for this post.
Yes.

Back