Tira General Discussion / Q&A

1. I think it does more damage than 3b
Only if done for a wall combo in place of 3B after two wallsplats. EDIT: or after landing GS BS B+K.

One minor thing to add: when you follow it up with 4A 4K, it's easier to go for the 22B dead trap since the knockdown leaves the opponent at Tira's feet head first rather than further away.

Last edited:
4BBB > 2A+B > 44(B) does no self damage so it's a pretty nice anti-duck option when you only have a sliver of health left and need a comeback.

It's also a great post-GI option imo because that combo builds back most of the meter you spent on the GI, and you stay in gloomy :D

Well, unless you fuck up. It's so weird, she's all like, "Hey, I fucked up my JF, and now I'm happy all of a sudden!"

Or you can purposefully fuck it up to turn happy, only to turn back to gloomy when you're close to 40% health. Though 666BB is a better option for that since its -8 on block while 4BB is -14.

Or you can purposefully fuck it up to turn happy, only to turn back to gloomy when you're close to 40% health. Though 666BB is a better option for that since its -8 on block while 4BB is -14.
And 4B:B /can/ be interrupted. I've never seen it done, but I've heard Pyrrha's 236B can interrupt, so I'd assume all moves <= i14 can.

You're all disgraceful apparently not very knowledgeable Tira players. She is easily the best she has ever been and if you play her properly she is just as good if not better than majority of the cast.

Yes. The people who claim Tira is weak just suck with her. Period.

People talking about Viola Damage; but what does she do without Meter?

Tira doesn't win by simply landing big damage. She wins by controlling the pace and space of the match. JS and GS are both Good and useful. Dont tell me you want to be in GS with <10% Health.

All the people who feel Tira is weak should drop her and never post here again.

SandmanAhoy - 4B:B:B is slower, but thats why it will land more times. You walk up and do 4B:B:B they will twitch duck alot for free combos.

I swear a lot of you STILL dont know how SC is played (Not You Sandman, just the Tira HAters)

GS 4B:B:B will only do more damage than a 3b combo if you opt for a dead trap or tech trap setup. It might if it's off of BT B+K, but I don't remember that. I rarely use it outside of a wall combo myself.
Yes. The people who claim Tira is weak just suck with her.

I don't feel like twitch ducking is something a decent player would do very often.

I swear a lot of you STILL dont know how SC is played (Not You Sandman, just the Tira HAters)
So you'll defeat me in battle, right?

I've also mentioned Pyrrha, Natsu, & Viola.

I don't think Tira's complete shit or "REALLY" bad. I do however speak from experience of knowing strong battles when I see it. I still think she's a good character, just disappointed in the fact that her chart is a lie, she can kill herself, & her ability to initiate is a little below average.

The people who claim Tira is weak just suck with her. Period.
I understand that Tira CAN be good, and I've seen it done.
However, when in comparison to other characters, she is, in fact, weak. Even characters like Leixia who don't specialize in combos 90% of the time and who require frame data knowledge seem to do better than Tira.
Her damage output is a bit low for her frames.

That being said, with ANY character, you can win if you play it smart. Not everyone likes to space out and focus on poking and whiff punishes.

Not everyone enjoys playing like that, though. So to them (and myself sometimes), Tira is "bad" for their specific fighting style.

You're all disgraceful apparently not very knowledgeable Tira players. She is easily the best she has ever been and if you play her properly she is just as good if not better than majority of the cast.
I agree. She is definitely mid tier though, but you if you play her right then she can definitely be up there with the other high tier characters.

I realized if you punish your opponent with 3B (GS) with their back turned, you get can get a guaranteed second 4k after 4A.
You can do 3B>4A>4K>66>4K>generic ender as a guaranteed combo as well if you'd wanted to know if you could do it without the need for back turn. It just common to do it because you're spending 5 more HP for 5 points more of damage and running the risk of Jolly switch again. If you think its worth it though, go for it.

Back